Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Guide how to make WOTLK server( noob friendly)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Which specific lines you had to replace with your IP if you wanted to make server public?

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
open logon.cfg there will be 127.0.0.1:port ( so change 127.0.0.1) here u go :)
P.S. about the word port i dont remember the port i written the word :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm pretty new to this, but I did setup an old mangos wow server. This is giving me some problems though. everything runs except when I click on my arcemu-world app it goes to a point and has a Unterminated block on my arcemu-optional.conf file and disappears from the screen after 10 seconds. \

Im using ArcEmuC309R2595 Core with WhyDB265CS62_SVNRev8 DataBase. Here is a pic of the error:

darksideris - Guide how to make WOTLK server( noob friendly) - RaGEZONE Forums

Here is a copy of my arcemu-optional.conf.

###########################################################################
# ArcEmu Optional Configuration File
# Last Update: $Id: arcemu-optional.conf rev.1875
#
# This configuration file contains all non-blizzlike values.
###########################################################################
#/********************************************************************************
# * How to use this config file: *
# * Config files are in a block->variable->setting format. *
# * A < signifies the opening of a block, the block name is expected after that. *
# * After the block name, a space and then the settings sperated by = / ' '. *
# * *
# * e.g. *
# * <block setting="0" someval = "1"> *
# * *
# * Comments can be in C format, e.g. /* some stuff */, with a // at the start *
# * of the line, or in shell format (#). *
# ********************************************************************************/
#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#
# Optional Settings
#
# Starting Level
# This controls at which level characters are created. Range is from 1-80.
# Default: 1
#
# Level Cap
# This variable controls the level that stats will be generated up to internally.
# Beyond this level players can still see a higher level visually but their stats won't
# increase beyond this point.
# Default: 80
#
# Generated Level Level Cap
# This variable controls the level at which stats will generate up to. Generally the formulas go
# crazy after level 80 so this way you can keep the high visual but stats at a reasonable value.
# Default: 80
#
# Allow The Burning Crusade characters
# This will override account settings, so you can disable TBC from your server without having to mess with accounts.
# Default: 1
#
# CustomCharterGiver(EntryID)
# For registeration of custom script.
#
# AdditionalFun
# it's verbose.
# Default: 0 (disabled)
#
# Unstuck
#
# UnstuckCooldown
# Default: 60 (0 = No cooldown, otherwise time in seconds)
#
# UnstuckToBind (Hearthstone coordinates)
# Default: 1 (0 = No, 1 = Yes)
#
#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#
<Optional StartingLevel="1"
LevelCap="255"
GenLevelCap="80"
AllowTBC="1"
AntiMasterLootNinja="0"
CustomCharterGiver="0"
AdditionalFun="0"
DKStartingTalents="0"
Unstuck="0"
UnstuckCooldown="0"
UnstuckToBind="0">
# Interfaction Options
#
# InterfactionChat
# This directive controls whether horde and alliance players can talk to each other.
#
# InterfactionGroup
# This directive controls whether horde and alliance players are able to build a group together.
#
# InterfactionGuild
# This directive controls whether horde and alliance players are able to build crossfaction guilds
#
# InterfactionTrade
# This directive controls whether horde and alliance players can trade with each other.
#
# InterfactionFriends
# If this is enabled players can add other players from the opposite faction to their friends list
#
# InterfactionMisc
# This directive controls whether horde and alliance players are able to use different functions
# on players of the opposite faction. This includes e.g. using the /who command.
#
# CrossOverCharacters
# If this is enabled players are able to create both, horde and alliance characters on a PVP realm.
#
<Interfaction InterfactionChat="1"
InterfactionGroup="1"
InterfactionGuild="1"
InterfactionTrade="1"
InterfactionFriends="1"
InterfactionMisc="1"
CrossOverCharacters="1">
# Color Configuration
#
# AnnTagColor
# This controls which color the [] tag in front of announces has.
# Default: 2 (Light Blue)
#
# AnnGMTagColor
# This controls the color of the GM/Admin tag in announces. Only enabled if GMAdminTag is set to 1.
# Default: 1 (Light red)
#
# AnnNameColor
# This controls the color of the gamemaster's name in announces.
# Default: 4 (Green)
#
# AnnMsgColor
# This controls the color of message in announces.
# Default: 6 (Gold)
#
#
# You can choose one of the colors below.
# LightRed = 1
# LightBlue = 2
# Blue = 3
# Green = 4
# Red = 5
# Gold = 6
# Grey = 7
# White = 8
# Magenta = 9
# Yellow = 10
<Color AnnTagColor = "2"
AnnGMTagColor = "1"
AnnNameColor = "4"
AnnMsgColor = "6">
# Extra Scripts Configuration
#
# Instant80
# Enables Instant80 mode.
#
# PvPToken
# This directive enables item rewards when there is a PvP Kill and players are level 70
#
# PvPTokenID
# If PvPToken is enabled, specify the item ID of your custom Token ID, or any other item
#
# L70etc
# Enables L70etc Band Gossip script.
#
<Extra Instant80="0"
PvPToken="1"
PvPTokenID="13905"
PvPKillAnnounce="0"
Portals="0"
L80etc="0"
WeddingNPC="0">
# GameMaster Configuration
#
# ListOnlyActiveGMs
# List only gamemasters with enabled GMFlag to players without any permissions.
# Default: 0
#
# HidePermissions
# Hides permission flags from players without any permissions.
# Default:0
#
#
<GameMaster ListOnlyActiveGMs = "0"
HidePermissions = "0">
# Common Schedule Configuration (func from commonschedulethread.cpp p2wow's core)
#
# AutoBroadCast (MultiLanguages supported)
# Enable/Disable new broadcast system.(cebernic: blizzlike )
# Default: 0(Disable) 1(Enable)
#
# BroadCastInterval
# Contents sending on interval by second
# Default:(Min:10 Max:1440)
#
# BroadCastTriggerPercentCap
# Setup the cap of chance in condition with contents sending in each BroadCastInterval's value
# Notice: OP can setup any of message's priority, this could be adjustment in field `percent` of table `worldbroadcast`
# Default:99 (min:1 max:*** 99 only displaying message on priority 100 set.)
# i.e : If set 50 ,it means all of messages 100% selected(but may not displayed) by higher than '50' priority with each broadcastinterval.
# The total selected messages(>51 priority) chosen at random with send to all players.
#
# BroadCastOrderMode [0-1]
# 0:RandomMode - By Triggering & Conditions
# 1:SerialMode - [ignored both ->field `percent` from table `worldbroadcast` & TriggerPercentCap parameters.]
# Default:0
#
<CommonSchedule AutoBroadCast = "1"
BroadCastInterval = "10"
BroadCastTriggerPercentCap = "2"
BroadCastOrderMode = "0">
#Extra Class Configurations
# DeathKnightPreReq
# Enable/Disable requirement to have a level 55 character on your account before allowing creation
# Of a Death Knight hero class.
# 1 = level 55
# 0 = Any level
#
# DeathKnightLimit
# Enable/Disable limit to have a more than one Death Knight Hero Class per realm.
# 1 = Enabled (Only one Death Knight per realm)
# 0 = Disabled (You can create a 10 DK per realm)
#
<ClassOptions DeathKnightPreReq = "0"
DeathKnightLimit = "0" >
# GoldSettings Configuration
#
# EnableGoldCap
# Enable/Disable Maximum Gold.
# Default: 0(Disable) 1(Enable)
#
# StartingGold
# On Creating a character they will start with this amount in Gold
# Default: 0
#
# MaximumGold
# Maximum amount of Gold a character can hold
# Default: 214748 (214k gold)
# Note: Client Max is 214748 Gold (2^31, signed int32)
#
<GoldSettings EnableGoldCap = "0"
StartingGold = "5"
MaximumGold = "214748">

Please I hope someone can help!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
try deleting
################################################## #########################
# ArcEmu Optional Configuration File
# Last Update: $Id: arcemu-optional.conf rev.1875
#
# This configuration file contains all non-blizzlike values.
################################################## #########################
#/************************************************** ******************************
# * How to use this config file: *
# * Config files are in a block->variable->setting format. *
# * A < signifies the opening of a block, the block name is expected after that. *
# * After the block name, a space and then the settings sperated by = / ' '. *
# * *
# * e.g. *
# * <block setting="0" someval = "1"> *
# * *
# * Comments can be in C format, e.g. /* some stuff */, with a // at the start *
# * of the line, or in shell format (#). *
# ************************************************** ******************************/

in all config files if wont help try clean ones :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i cant find the tool.bat .......
now i get Major error missing a file or somthing o_O

Last edited:
Reaction score
I keep getting do you know how to fix MAJOR ERROR/WARNING: One or more of the dbc files are missing there are absolutely necessaty for the server function. The server will not start without them and i know dont what the problem is pls help me

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I keep getting do you know how to fix MAJOR ERROR/WARNING: One or more of the dbc files are missing there are absolutely necessaty for the server function. The server will not start without them and i know dont what the problem is pls help me
User never guide , there are new releases and stuff

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have a problem. My wow client is the latest, then extract dbc but arcemu-world.exe said my spell.dbc is wrong. I use emu for 3.35

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey im a complete noob and this is my first time tryin to make a server i am currently on the step

now you will find 1981_character_structure and 1913_logon_structure ( database ) in arcemu/sql folder then press copy on them and paste in the queries ( in character database) then press 2 times on one of them and run then on another one

now you get world database , then you will find tool.bat open it with notepad ( edit)

SET world_db=here set the database name
save exit
then launch it normally ( by 2 times clicking left mouse button on him)
write root , press enter
and then your mysql password
press the letter as shown ( in whydb 226 the letter is "i") to import the database

and i have no idea what to do cuz on my program i have

3062_character_structure
3051_logon_structure

and do not know where to find world data base

if u could plz help me asap ty and cheers :thumbup:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hey im a complete noob and this is my first time tryin to make a server i am currently on the step

now you will find 1981_character_structure and 1913_logon_structure ( database ) in arcemu/sql folder then press copy on them and paste in the queries ( in character database) then press 2 times on one of them and run then on another one

now you get world database , then you will find tool.bat open it with notepad ( edit)

SET world_db=here set the database name
save exit
then launch it normally ( by 2 times clicking left mouse button on him)
write root , press enter
and then your mysql password
press the letter as shown ( in whydb 226 the letter is "i") to import the database

and i have no idea what to do cuz on my program i have

3062_character_structure
3051_logon_structure

and do not know where to find world data base

if u could plz help me asap ty and cheers :thumbup:

well its a long time since i made the guide so those files are out of date ( mine) and You should use the ones u have :) good luck

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

I have a problem. My wow client is the latest, then extract dbc but arcemu-world.exe said my spell.dbc is wrong. I use emu for 3.35

If u have newer version of Client the dbc wont work , try downloading 3.35 dbc or install 3.35 wow client and then extract it

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Which specific lines you had to replace with your IP if you wanted to make server public?

<Realm1 Name = "Name of your realm"
Address = "write here you ip ( or no ip ) adrees( do NOT delete follow port in right side):8129"
Icon = "PVP" this is server icon there will be explanations what means each
Population = "1.0"
TimeZone = "1">

P.S. the port might be out of date use the one that is given in your config file

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I keep getting: "Unable to validate game version" when trying to logon to the game, everything is running fine(the arcemu-logon and arcemu-world)

please advise :)

Back