Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos Creating Mangos Server

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Mangos] How to make a Mangos server

incompatible database for that mangos. get the correct on labeled.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

okej, ty its works now..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I cant find magos.conf. I searched everywhere (even google desktop) and I still can't find it. WHERE IS IT?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I cant find magos.conf. I searched everywhere (even google desktop) and I still can't find it. WHERE IS IT?

If its a repack, it should be in the repack folder, if its MaNGOS, it should be in the ..\src\mangosd\mangosd.conf.in copy and paste file to release folder and rename to mangosd.conf

If you still can't find it then its an incomplete download!

incompatible database for that mangos. get the correct on labeled.

about that, I'm having the same problem, although this is not the tutorial i followed, but please... I've been working on that for more than a day now, compiling problems, incomplete downloads, mySQL issues, Now I'm all done, just with this error:
Code:
Error in item_template table, probably sql file format was updated (there should be 144 fields in sql).
So, if i can have a moment of your time, bare with my... noobness, and tell me how i can find what MaNGOS version i have, how to get a compaitable database, btw, the server im making is gonna be a WotLK server.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

when you get a database from udb it should have written in the file name a 4 digit number. thjat is the mangos rev it is designed for and will work best with that version of mangos. that is how to get a compatible database.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

when you get a database from udb it should have written in the file name a 4 digit number. thjat is the mangos rev it is designed for and will work best with that version of mangos. that is how to get a compatible database.

ok so, in the UDB website its "UDB_0.10.4_Core_6766_SD2_689.rar
the first one is the mangos rev and the second is for SD2 right?

but in the mangos site, there is no one exactly as 6766? do i get the closest ? :)
Thanks

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

10x for the info

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

God... this place is dead... i mean it takes a week between each post...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Nice.. i got stucked at the first point. The dbc extractor doesnt workfor me. It says that the SFmpq.dll is not found, but it is in the same folder with the extract.bat and MPQE.exe

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i try to extract the vmap using vmap extractor v2 and also put it in WoW Client folder....

but i have trouble on extracting it.... it has error message... "Can not opening file config file: SplitConfig.txt exit with errors"

i am wondering where the file is? cause the vmap zip only contain 4 files.

Can somebody tell me what i have to do?

It only trouble with the vmap extractor, map extractor looks fine and smooth

dbd

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi There

I am new to the private server scenario and tried the guide to set up mangos for a normal lan setup.

Although a great guide I still managed not being able to even start realmd & mangosd executables.

I read through all the posts made and have some questions to assist helping me resolve what i may be missing. of course not mentioning feeling rather idiotic by not getting it "right"

programs installed : mySQL14.12 Dist 5.0.45
mangos: 7227_Mangos_886_SD2_303_308_308a
UDB: UDB_0.11.0_rev_367

the Mangos conf files of realmd and mangos was edited and renamed to *.conf
the individual databases were created and imported from the sql files. used the files from mangos here first.
I then took the UDB core database and updated mangos db with it.
realm id is referring to mangos and using localhost IP 127.0.0.1
i managed to obtain maps from my client.. wow 3.0.8 (9506) and the dbc files as well with a reference to the 4 files missing previously discussed.
Vmaps folder in client gave me a buildings dir with 6305 files and a vmaps dir 1200 files
although copying vmaps folder into root of mangos folder i ensured the config file is still tagged "0" trying to exclude possible error causes.
dbc files extracted and maps both copied into root of mangos folder both have their individual folders.

mangos release i noticed is now 7227.
checking the UDB database the update folder only cater up to 7109. its core is 7069. some of your posts mention that the 2 should be the same. on the udb forums i can only see that rev 367 is the latest.

when i tried running realmd and mangosd .exe files both gave me an error executing program. At this stage i cannot proceed further to log and test with client.

Would anyone be kind enough to indicate where i have gone wrong... Thx in advance.

I have multichecked that the database connections referred to in the config files are correct using un, pw created making SQL db's. using navicat to browse and query mysql tables and db's. names of db's also checked that they are correct. even tried changing the Ip to the wording "localhost".

initialy has no webservice running. activated and installed MS IIS in case it was needed.

dbd

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

in an answer to Cambyman's question:

[I]i try to extract the vmap using vmap extractor v2 and also put it in WoW Client folder....

but i have trouble on extracting it.... it has error message... "Can not opening file config file: SplitConfig.txt exit with errors"

i am wondering where the file is? cause the vmap zip only contain 4 files.
[/I]

In the core release of 7227 i found the vmaps folder under tools folder.

I managed to extract all the files by simply copying the complete folder into my root folder of my client.

wow\vmaps

the i ran the batch file which in turned extracted not only the buildings but the vmaps as well..

I do not know the purpose of the buildings folder yet... and hope someone could enlighten me.. but it did extract the files needed without any hassles.

the process takes a while though.

you will end up 2 sub directories with doing it this way.

wow\vmaps\buildings
wow\vmaps\vmaps

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Looks like a nice guide, + rep for that ;)
What i can see is that this is a good way to start making wow servers ^_^
And the best of all is that you explain it all very good :-D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Think you could help me? I'm trying to host a 3.0.9 server using core 7276, but when I start up realmd using my external IP, it says that it cannot connect to the database, yet when I set the IP to 127.0.0.1, it works perfectly. What's the problem? I already forwarded all my ports and enabled pipe names or whatever. Can you help me?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

im on dynamic ip can i still use this guide?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Please help me! I got this error message when I try to start mangos.
dagamerc13 - Creating Mangos Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

please be patient. as many of you know i have dialup and sometimes have issues getting these files. i will not be answering any more questions until i can get myself these files which may include me going to a friends house for highspeed. please bare with me =)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hello! I have a problem, just compile the mangos, everything seems
work, but to play the game, there is no creature or NPC ..
How can I fix?

Note: when the road mangos it shows that the tables are local
empty.

Back