Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos Creating Mangos Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you're compiling the server yourself it should come with the extractor, though here it is anyway, I use MySQL 5.1.45 community edition.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

For me, everything went along smoothly till i reached this point where i tried to run mangosd.exe and realmd.exe.

realmd.exe can run perfectly fine and connect to my database,
and it also continues running to show that other ip addresses are joining.

however mangosd.exe when it was run it said error and couldn't find ACE.dll so i went to manually download ACE.dll and put it in my mangos file.

then now when i run it, it says " the procedure entry point ??1ACE_Cleanup@@UAE@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library ACE.dll."

any help? thanks!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This should work with any version given that the server version, map files, dbc files, ect are from that version of the game.

edit: mysql link is not fixed.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [Mangos] How to make a Mangos server

Edited the guide, hopefully things should be a little easier. I recommend that everyone uses Amber's compiles for they are easy to use and have most everything you need already there.

Thanks!
They don't have Linux, MacOS or BSD builds, they don't have MaNGOSZero builds for anything, and they don't have databases suitable for use with MaNGOSZero.

So... they seem to have nothing that I need, it's all Post TBC or TLK rubbish.

From my point of view, the definition of a "repack" is that it's already in binary form, and doesn't require compiling from source... so, your guide to not using a repack is a repack in it's self. :?:

What guide do I need to find to tell me how to set up a good build environment for building and developing the source of MaNGOS, and preferably the MaNGOSZero variant?

Their Wikis all seem to be in such a state of flux their own guides don't work, are out of date or down while they re-write them, and I figured I'd come to RZ where I've been active with other MMO Server developments... but what this section considers "doing it your self" seems to be what I consider "taking someone else's repack" so I'm having no luck with my search terms, and no luck posting [help] topics. :(: Someone? Please?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm having a few probs with the maps. I followed the guide but when i use the ad.exe file it stops at 45% with 4 area flags missing;

"Can't find area flag for areaid 2304"
"Can't find area flag for areaid 1536"
"Can't find area flag for areaid 462"
"Can't find area flag for areaid 1568"

Anyone know how to correct this or have a copy of the ad.exe that works?

Thanx

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Versions of ad.exe are specific to the MaNGOS build you are using. The version that comes with you MaNGOS build is the version you should use.

I've never had it fail, but I do know that if you use the data produced by a version that is different from the one that comes with your MaNGOS build, MaNGOS will not work the maps correctly. (with varying results)

Back