Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos How To Make a MaNGOS Server Easily (Windows)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This guide is still valid?

Yes, but if you want to make a MaNGOS server and want a fully up to date guide. Goto MaNGOS website at and find the things you want.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi~I have the question for compile ScriptDev2

It's means copy the ScriptDev2 floder to mangos\src\bindings ?

If yes, then open the scriptVC100.sln in mangos\src\bindings\ScriptDev2\ ?

or open the scriptVC100.sln from where?

Thanks!

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
Yes, after you've copied the folder, open the scriptVC100.sln that is in mangos/src/bindings/ScriptDev2/.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi I still have the problem for compile ScriptDev2
I sync toe newest file from SVN and after compile mangos (It's done)
I put
ScriptDev2 folder into mangos\src\bindings\ and open mangos\src\bindings\ScriptDev2\scriptVC100.sln
(I use visual studio 2010 pro)

but when I compiler the file it's always output the error...

blasted_lands.cpp
1>..\scripts\eastern_kingdoms\blasted_lands.cpp(46): error C2039: 'GetGUID' : is not a member of 'Creature'

Look's like something not include it

But I don't know what's up of this problem!

can someone know what's happend?

Thanks

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
Does it fail on that file or does it keep compiling? There tends to be errors in every revision of SD2. If that error isn't causing it to fail, just ignore it, it's most likely just an unfinished script.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I check the log again, the error is at ..\system\system.cpp (..\ScriptMgr.cpp have this one too) and error code is C2065: 'barGoLink' undeclared identifier

the previous question is fine, it can be still run. But this one can't it's will be stop

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score

I'll quote the reply directly under that quote:

Read the bit under "Additional poop"

"If you require compiling a 32-bit server, follow the guide but when you compile ScriptDev2 and the MaNGOS core just leave the Active solution configuration and Active solution platform at Win32. This will also change the directory of your compiled binaries. They would be in \mangos\bin\Win32_Release\."

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've done everything it says in the tutorial Darkicon, executables mangosd.exe realmd.exe and working properly.
The problem is that mangosd.exe console, in the part of Loading Creature Data stays at 96% and goes no further.

Someone can help me?

I'm using the database MaNGOS3_Cata_Rev_3.

Excuse me for my english ... I speak Spanish.

realmd.JPG - How To Make a MaNGOS Server Easily (Windows) - RaGEZONE Forums

mangosd.JPG - How To Make a MaNGOS Server Easily (Windows) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
Does mangosd.exe close when it reaches 96%? If not, try letting it load for a minute or two. The creature data comprises the majority of data the daemon loads. If it still doesn't continue or if it does close at 96%, try pulling a fresh copy of everything and compiling. It could be an error in the core code (If so, it's probably been fixed by now). Other than that or a corrupt DB, I have no idea what would cause it to just stop loading in the middle like that.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi Darkicon, can you tell me if it is need to install any additional tools such as Microsoft. Net Framework 4 or Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package to run the server.

I used Visual Studio 2010 to build my mangos server (files win\mangosdVC100.sln and src\bindings\scripts-master\scriptVC100.sln in the mangos project folder), and it works correctly on the PC that I built it (Windows XP, 32-bit), but when I try to run it on another PC (I tried it on Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008) the operating system throws the following error:

Windows Server 2003
2003.JPG - How To Make a MaNGOS Server Easily (Windows) - RaGEZONE Forums

Windows Server 2008
2008.JPG - How To Make a MaNGOS Server Easily (Windows) - RaGEZONE Forums

The translation of error:
Error when initiating the application because did not find MSVCR100.dll.
The reinstallation of the application can solve the problem.

My server is the Mangos Implementation of for patch 4.3.4.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
Yes, you will need to install the Visual C++ 2008 redistributable and .NET Framework v3.5. You can download them here:

After installing those on your Server '03 and '08 machines, the server should work. It is possible that MaNGOS uses .NET Framework v4 now but I'm not sure.

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
KinglyKrab, refer to this post: http://forum.ragezone.com/f518/make-mangos-server-easily-windows-719160/index2.html#post7613224

Does it fail on that file or does it keep compiling? There tends to be errors in every revision of SD2. If that error isn't causing it to fail, just ignore it, it's most likely just an unfinished script.

Most likely many errors when compiling that do not cause the compiling to fail are just script errors (Typos) or missing scripts. If a compile does fail, the usual culprit is the user forgot to put the SD2 folder in \src\bindings\. Any other issues I would just say try to pull a new copy of SD2 and try to compile the new one or try an older revision in case the latest revision was bad and they haven't fixed it yet.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Extracting DBC, Maps & VMaps
Browse to C:\mangos\contrib\extractor\release\ and copy ad.exe to your root World of Warcraft installation folder. Then go to c:\mangos\contrib\vmap_extract_assembler_bin\ and copy over all the files. Run ad.exe andmakevmaps_SIMPLE.bat. Let them finish, it will take a while. Once done, go to C:\mangos\bin\x64_release\ and make a new folder called Data. Copy the folders dbc, maps and vmaps from your World of Warcraft folder into there.

I'm sorry, but exactly WHAT does this even mean? Go to "c:\mangos\contrib\vmap_extract_assembler_bin\ and copy over all files." ? WHAT? Copy what over what? You didn't explain anything right there, and it's got me stuck.

ASIDE from that, the "vmap extracter" and "vmap assembler" were located in two separate folders, such as "c:\mangos\contrib\vmap_extractor" then the same with assembler, which makes no sense to me... I guess I have a different version? Although I followed all the guide-lines.

I wanted to point another thing out too.. When you're explaining creating the databases, you never actually said anything about right-clicking the local-host, and clicking " create new data-base " I understand in defense it's self-explanatory, but seriously, what I got out of what you said was "Right click the Local Host and execute file mangos.sql and it will make the databases?" Again.. Very, misleading. You might want to proof-read that part as well..

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but exactly WHAT does this even mean? Go to "c:\mangos\contrib\vmap_extract_assembler_bin\ and copy over all files." ? WHAT? Copy what over what? You didn't explain anything right there, and it's got me stuck.

Copy over all the files... You take all the files from that folder and move them to your root WoW folder just like you did with ad.exe. Not hard to figure out.

ASIDE from that, the "vmap extracter" and "vmap assembler" were located in two separate folders, such as "c:\mangos\contrib\vmap_extractor" then the same with assembler, which makes no sense to me... I guess I have a different version? Although I followed all the guide-lines.

Things change often. When I wrote this guide 2 years ago, they were all in the same folder. I will fix that. Let's not forget the MaNGOS dev team has gone through many changes in just the past 6 months.

I wanted to point another thing out too.. When you're explaining creating the databases, you never actually said anything about right-clicking the local-host, and clicking " create new data-base " I understand in defense it's self-explanatory, but seriously, what I got out of what you said was "Right click the Local Host and execute file mangos.sql and it will make the databases?" Again.. Very, misleading. You might want to proof-read that part as well..

Executing the structures makes it so you don't have to add the database manually. Creating the databases yourself and then executing the structures is redundant.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, sorry if I came off as a stick but I was just a little confused. I've never touched a wow server before, but I assumed it's something the same of setting up a Mu-Server, but alas this has got a lot more to it than I would have thought.

The SQL query you're supposed to execute in order to make the databases, didn't do so. I had to manually create them through the root host. That's all I was saying. One called mangos, realmd, and characters, if I did it correctly.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
when I use the mapextractor.exe aplication of the trinity core server implementation for 4.3.4 wow game, inside the appropriate client, Version 4.3.4 (15595) (Release x86) April 10 2012 enUS, to extract the game assets, the program creates two folders, dbc and map, but only the dbc folder containing the files, the other folder becomes empty (not *.map files are generated).

As additional information such mapextractor.exe run, this program detects the client 15050 no 15595 which is what I have.
What is the problem?
I need help with this

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Very Nice tutorial, please add some pictures so it Will be more easier for the new peaopole :)
+ rep :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i am having an issure downloading ScriptDev2 i keep getting this error

Repository moved permanently to
'https://svn.code.sf.net/p/scriptdev2/code/!svn/vcc/default'; please relocate

then i use the link it suggested and i get this

URL 'https://svn.code.sf.net/p/scriptdev2/code/!svn/vcc/default' doesn't exist

is there another way to get what i need?

Back