Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos How To Make a MaNGOS Server Easily (Windows)

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
Open mangosd.exe and type createaccount "username" "Password".

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok now how do i set up my husbands client to connect to the server he is in my network but everytime he tries to connect with the 127.0.0.1 in his relmlist.txt it wont let him connect.

im connecting but after hiting ok it goes back to relm selection page.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello..

I got this problem when creating mangos server.I had copied ad.exe to folder world of war craft..then i run this ad.exe and got this problem.

Detected locale: enUs.MPQ
Opening ./Data/enUs/locale-enUS.MPQ
Fatal error: INvalid component.wow-enUS.txt file format!

Pls help me..:thumbup:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
irmanbauer: Your error is caused by using the wrong version of WoW. MaNGOS does not support 4.x. The current version of MaNGOS is for WoW v3.3.5a Build 12340.

Bladez201: You need to use WoW v3.3.5a Build 12340.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It's not very easy, but I'm sure you've done the best you can do. Thank you!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How i know witch version client it gonna support?

Edit:

Nvm saw this now :p
irmanbauer: Your error is caused by using the wrong version of WoW. MaNGOS does not support 4.x. The current version of MaNGOS is for WoW v3.3.5a Build 12340.

Bladez201: You need to use WoW v3.3.5a Build 12340.

Last edited:
Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
I really can't help with compiling problems. I'm not well versed in C++. But Hellsniper, was x64 already in the list or did you create it? If so, try compiling it for Win32.

Added an extra note at the bottom if the DB you're importing is huge and you're encountering problems importing it.

HellSniper: I just compiled a new SkyFire server, it appears they no longer support the x64 platform, just compile it as Win32, it'll work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello!
I first want to thank you for your great guide. I have installed everything and compiled to Compiling ScriptDev2
STOP. Do not do continue until MaNGOS has finished compiling. If you continue on, your server will not work.

ScriptD 2
I was not sure if I renamed folder to ScriptDev2 before copying to C:\mangos\src\bindings. I tried both ways new folder and ScriptDev2. Both times I get a bunch of errors when compiling. Something about........

\system\system.cpp(168): error C2065: 'barGoLink' : undeclared identifier

\include\sc_instance.cpp(29): error C2664: 'Map::GetGameObject' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'uint64' to 'ObjectGuid'
1> Constructor for class 'ObjectGuid' is declared 'explicit'

..\scripts\world\npcs_special.cpp(1388): error C2039: 'GetGUID' : is not a member of 'Creature'
1> c:\mangos\src\game\Creature.h(440) : see declaration of 'Creature'
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I compiled the mangos part just fine no errors. This one is a different story. If you could please let me know did I do something wrong in the build? I followed directions exactly as I did when I compiled the Mangos. Not sure on maybe the folder name? Contents of folder go in to C:\mangos\src\bindings?

Thanks again
Lovs2Build

Sorry I did not see the post above your last one. Guess I will find another way to install this. Thanks!

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
The name of the folder that the SD2 files are in shouldn't matter.

However, looking at the error, it looks like a problem with the release. Try redownloading SD2, maybe someone committed bad files and recently fixed it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i encounter this problem and i dont know how to fix it
2011-08-30 23:08:04 Using configuration file mangosd.conf.
2011-08-30 23:08:04 World Database total connections: 2
2011-08-30 23:08:04 ERROR:Could not connect to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1: Access denied for user 'mangos'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Last edited:
Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
polarclaudiu92: Are you sure you have the right password and username in your config file?

If it is correct, try making a new user for your MySQL and use that one.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
to change my password and username in navicat?? cuze i am begginer and dont understand plz help me....

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
to change my password and username in navicat?? cuze i am begginer and dont understand plz help me....

Try this exactly:

Since it's much easier to add a superuser via the MySQL console, we'll do it that way.

Press Win+R, type cmd and press OK. In the Command Prompt, type CD C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\bin (Or wherever your MySQL is installed to, but it must be lead with the bin folder) and press OK.

Type mysql --user=root -proot mysql (Root/root is the default login if you didn't change it during installation, if you did change the password when you installed MySQL, replace the root in -proot with whatever your password is).

Now type the following (Don't forget the semicolons at the end of some):
CREATE USER 'test'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'test';
Press enter.
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'test'@'localhost'
Press enter.
WITH GRANT OPTION;
Press enter.
Exit

This creates a new superuser with all privileges (Same as root user) Now change the login information in your configs to test/test and see if it can connect.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I am having a problem of Compiling the Mangos, after clicking rebuild solution there are some skipped files. problem SS below

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back