Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos How play WoW on a single PC (no LAN, no internet needed)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I made a short guide with pictures, all of you who don't have an internet connection, or neither LAN, you could follow my guide and make a loopback adapter.
It works, i tested it.

Here is a download link to the guide

Admins/Moderators pls check the link, if you think that it is not allowed then remove and close my topic it is a PDF and not a virus.

After you created the loopback adapter just instal mangos server and the client (US version client !!! ) and then happy gaming.

Good luck !

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I made a short guide with pictures, all of you who don't have an internet connection, or neither LAN, you could follow my guide and make a loopback adapter.
It works, i tested it.

Here is a download link to the guide

Admins/Moderators pls check the link, if you think that it is not allowed then remove and close my topic it is a PDF and not a virus.

After you created the loopback adapter just instal mangos server and the client (US version client !!! ) and then happy gaming.

Good luck !

:thumbdown:

There is no need to add this.

If YOU will be the only person that will play on server the only thing to do is.... put "set realmlist 127.0.0.1" in your realmlist.wtf file (u will find it in main WoW folder). The configuration of the server at default is set that will allow only YOU to the server.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I need this guide, but filebeam is infected, so I can't download it from there. XD (I'd rather see guides in the thread body than a PDF TBH, though a download option for a PDF or RTF is nice, you can switch to printable form and print a thread to a PDF anyway. :wink:)

How do I stop my Client from automatically updating beyond the support of my Classic WoW MaNGOS server?

I've changed realmlist.wtf to point to 127.0.0.1, and checked that it followed through to Config.wtf. I've been through my system registry and renamed my WoW client folder... it's still trying to update beyond 1.12.x. :(

---EDIT---

Solved it... somehow. The patch downloader was changing realmlist.wtf and Config.wtf, but by repeatedly correcting them and renaming the WoW client folder it eventually gave up trying to get on to the update server. \o/

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i need this guide for so long, and i tried it... it works.. thanks so much for posting..

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
I would really suggest posting the contents of your PDF guide rather than providing a download link. Not only can downloads disappear after time, but PDF has historically been a major threat vector for malware droppers.

If you want the best visibility, your guide should be in HTML and posted directly.

Staff member
Reaction score
I would really suggest posting the contents of your PDF guide rather than providing a download link. Not only can downloads disappear after time, but PDF has historically been a major threat vector for malware droppers.

If you want the best visibility, your guide should be in HTML and posted directly.

You could also use a plain out Notepad or Notepad+ but still PDF Is ranked one of the most useful applications for presentations or even documented guides and more.

Back