Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos How to setup a WoTLK Trinity Server 32 & 64 Bit. All Downloads Included.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Tutorial] How to setup a WoTLK Mangos Server 32 & 64 Bit. All Downloads Included

Thanks Monolith for soon respond ,
BTW , Have you got any document about events in wow mangos , how they work ? Have you got a simple examples for events ?

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [Tutorial] How to setup a WoTLK Mangos Server 32 & 64 Bit. All Downloads Included

Nice, maby this files works

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Thanks Monolith for soon respond ,
BTW , Have you got any document about events in wow mangos , how they work ? Have you got a simple examples for events ?

Events are handled by the database...you can set frequency and all options...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

hi...
nice tut...
server set perfectly but when I try to log in into the game
I can log in successfully
but it cannot enter the realm.....

any solution ???

EDIT:

Working... just changing setting.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

This is an excellent repack Thank You

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Updated original post with newest release....

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

thx for tutorial.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

hey just encountered a problem i hope you can help with, getting this

009-03-31 17:57:05 >> Loaded 0 mangos strings. DB table `mangos_string` is empty. Cannot continue.

DB imported was the blizzlike, i went and imported again to be sure - still no joy

i'm so fried out from spending all day setting this up i have no friggin clue where to go anymore lol - other that that its been plain sailing - great guide!

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Try this....execute this sql file into your mangos db and see if it fixes it....

change the extension to .sql and use it...

Which revision did you use?
What database manager are you using?
Did you have no errors during executing entire mangos db? I know it takes forever....

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Try this....execute this sql file into your mangos db and see if it fixes it....

change the extension to .sql and use it...

Which revision did you use?
What database manager are you using?
Did you have no errors during executing entire mangos db? I know it takes forever....

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

yup that did it, using navicat and nope no errors previously, thnk i might of just had a slightly corrupt download of rev23. cheers muchly!

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Well..navicat is not really good for big sql imports...best to use sqlyog...

probably missed that table along the way or something...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Dear Monolith,
could you please show us a process for update from old repack to new repack ?
That mean we'll replace all new files by old file and restore all new database ?
Because I use repack 15 , 18 , 20..... now 23 .

Thanks all for support
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Updated the original post with the newest release....

Best way to update using these repacks is to copy your mangos and realmd executables somewhere safe.

Overwrite your old executables with the new ones and run it.

If all works fine then there were only changes in the mangos source code...

If database errors were thrown at you...then you have to do some fixing....

The easiest way I have found to do this is to execute the new database under another name...such as update or something...

Then you can simply dump whatever sql you need to a .sql and execute it on the original mangos using the update command.

EX: You copy over the new core and it says..."Missing row respawn_time in creatures table."

In the test database...dump creatures table to a .sql...then use the update command in it...

Execute it on your original mangos and it should update the tables with the new rows....keeping your existing information intact...

Just make sure you remove any commands in the .sql dump such as DROP table...ect ect...

I only use this method because I have ALOT of custom content added into my database....

If you really have a baseline server...the easiest way is to simply backup the player info and install the new database completely....then update the player info into the new database....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

my mangosd.exe is giving me this error :
2009-04-02 15:45:51 ERROR:Check existing of map file './maps/0004331.map': not exist!
2009-04-02 15:45:51 ERROR:Correct *.map files not found in path './maps' or *.vmap/*vmdir files in './vmaps'. Please place *.map/*.vmap/*.vmdir files in appropriate directories or correct the DataDir value in the mangosd.conf file.

my vmap files are in C:/appserv/mangos/data/vmaps

and another thing when i try to connect it only gives me "loging in to game server"

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Did you extract your maps?

Did you let it completely extract?

First mistake I have seen people make is they do not let the program completely extract the vmaps....

It will look like it's done...but it's rebuilding the maps.....

Make sure your mangos.conf is pointing to the correct file that you have your maps in....

Make sure you use the map extractor included with the server files...

If you are trying to use your own from a previous version they will not work....things have been altered...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

tnx for the info i`ll try :p and i think this is why i cant get in the server....

EDIT:
OOOKKKK i got everything but now i have problems with the db no creatures when create hero and log the hero dissapears can`t find a good db :S help

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Which db did you use?

There are 2 different db's made by 2 different developers included...

YTDB and PSDB....

I know for a fact that at least 100+ people have installed this with no such problems...

Being you had the problem with the previous tables....I am thinking alot of your tables did not create correctly...

Download sqlyog and re-execute the db. Navicat does not work correctly on database backup these size.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

tnx i have sqlog and i`ll try P.S.
I have used Mangos 7606 3.0.9 + Sdev 978

EDIT:
NOPE still don`t have NPC ;ITEMS;GAME OBJECTS
and the mangos queries are only 671 witch is strange :|

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I am at wits end then.....

You can try and say your problem where I got the repack from....the person whom actually compiles the releases and puts it all in one package is on there frequently...

Go to make a post explaining your problem...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

each repack has some changes they relate each other , so we have to update every patches by order , right ?
That mean if I want to use repack 24 and my version is 18 , so I must update step by step repack 19, 20, 21,..24 ?

Thanks & see you soon
Anyway , have you got any chat contact : yahoo message , ICQ , Skype ....

Back