Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos How to setup a WoTLK Trinity Server 32 & 64 Bit. All Downloads Included.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [Tutorial] How to setup a WoTLK Mangos Server 32 & 64 Bit. All Downloads Included

Updated first post with newest release.

Newest release comes with a PVP server with Horde/Ally starting areas included!

Changelog:

Latest Release is PryDevServer Revision 27:

Core:
Mangos Core updated from 7642 to 7665.

Databases:
Both YTDB Fun Server and Blizz are at Revision 146 aka 482_FIX_(7635).
*New* Instant Level 80 PVP Database added this repack!
PSDB has been updated from 173 to 178.
UDB is still at revision 370.
ScriptDev2 is now revision 1003

Updates
PVP Server ready to rock with Ally / Horde specific starting bases.
Some bugs fixed with quests on YTDB Fun Server
Misc items added to Vendors in the Mall.
Look for new items on the Legendary vendors
Shield, Ring, Scroll Vendors had a significant update.
Now possible to use high enchant scrolls like mongoose without becoming an enchanter.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [Tutorial] How to setup a WoTLK Mangos Server 32 & 64 Bit. All Downloads Included

I have a slight problem. Everytime I try to run the server i keep getting this error. Could not connect to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1: Access denied for user 'root'@localhost' <using password: YES> but I can get into my database just fine with anything else. I have left my password section blank when i set up my connection for mysql and navicat.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Are you connecting from the same computer or is the db on a different computer?

Double check to make sure there are no typo's whatsoever in the realmd.conf,mangos.conf, and scriptdev2.conf, where it asks for passwords.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi! Thanks for the wonderful release! I'd be grateful if you could help me with some problems.

In the realmlist column, the Field ID is blank at default. If I try to set it to "1" as mentioned in the process on the first page, it returms an error "Invalid default value for ID"

That being said, when I try to run mangosd.exe from 32 bit core folder, it just opens a dos prompt in a flash and closes it immediately, and nothing else happens.

OS is Windows XP 32 bit. I will be running the server and client both from the same computer.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Sonnu.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Everything runs on one computer here database and all. i have checked 4 typos and found none

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

nvm fixed it lol

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Hi! Thanks for the wonderful release! I'd be grateful if you could help me with some problems.

In the realmlist column, the Field ID is blank at default. If I try to set it to "1" as mentioned in the process on the first page, it returms an error "Invalid default value for ID"

That being said, when I try to run mangosd.exe from 32 bit core folder, it just opens a dos prompt in a flash and closes it immediately, and nothing else happens.

OS is Windows XP 32 bit. I will be running the server and client both from the same computer.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Sonnu.

Downloadand install Microsoft .Net files...

Should fix the problem....

Asfor the database issue...if you used Navicat to backup extract your db...it's probably a problem with that...use SQLYog...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks for the suggestion! I found out what the thing was. I ran the mangosd executable from command prompt and found that it reported missing config files. Looks like the config files have to be in the core folder too for it to work. Now it loads up perfectly. Still haven't checked with the other steps, so will update on the situation.

And SQLyog refuses to let me alter the ID column with that error. By default the ID field is blank. I hope it's not a big deal? Or is it absolutely necessary? Also, do we have to have SQLyog and Xampp control panel running simultaneously while the server runs? I ask because while processing, near the end mangos reported that it was not connected to MySQL and scriptdev2 database did not exist. It loaded everything else just fine.

Can you please let me know where we are to discuss the config file options?

Oh and I am using release 25...should I overwrite the mangos folder with release 26? I hope I don't have to reimport the database...it took about 26 hours to do that even with SQLyog (my PC is a bit low end)

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I believe revisions 26 and 27 were mostly database fixes.....

Yes the config files have to be in the same folder with the executables....

No SQLYog does not have to be running....but XAMMP does if you do not have MySQL and Apache installed as a service...if you do then no..it doesn't have to be.

As for the ID field problem....thats a new one me..I'll do some research on that issue.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi Minolith! How's it going?

I finally got eveything to work! Well except that Realm ID thing. For now the Mangos Blizz realm is working without any problems so far. But I still want to know how that SQLyog problem can be solved, because I want to be able to fix anything related to items or borken quests.

Cheers,
Sonnu.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Congratulations to Monolith and PryDev
^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks for all the hard work is there a fix for Death knight talent points.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

hello . i have a question doese anyone knows whats rong at these ... when i enter the 32 bites core. i start mangosd ore realmd it says to me : "these applicatione has failed to start because the aplication configuration is incorect " wtf ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Monolith I'm using Hamachi... for other people to connect I just have to put my hamachi ip in database realmlist and other people put it in realmlist.wtf? don't I have to change anything on mangos.conf, realmd.conf and scriptdev2.conf ??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I don't know what I did now but I can't do anything on database! I try to do something and it just says

1045- Acess denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I need serious help now :S

PS: I'm using Navicat 8 to MySql

EDIT: The connection only has information_schema, when I try to create a database it gives me that error!

EDIT2: I solved the problem... but I still need to know how to make hamachi work for my server :S

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Thanks for all the hard work is there a fix for Death knight talent points.

They are still working on a "good" WoTLK db....I will be updating with them as soon as they are released...

hello . i have a question doese anyone knows whats rong at these ... when i enter the 32 bites core. i start mangosd ore realmd it says to me : "these applicatione has failed to start because the aplication configuration is incorect " wtf ?

Do you have microsoft .net framework?

Monolith I'm using Hamachi... for other people to connect I just have to put my hamachi ip in database realmlist and other people put it in realmlist.wtf? don't I have to change anything on mangos.conf, realmd.conf and scriptdev2.conf ??

I have never used hamachi...cannot help you there...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

oke. thanks the problem is solved . i was needing net framework 3.5 ... thanks again. But now i have a new problem .. i have a desktop pc . and i shared internet from my desktop pc to a notebock . so i have only a real ip. and i instaled the database and all on the notebock .. and now only i can enter the server. : ( anyone knows what can i do so ppl word wide can enter my server ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

thanks Monolith net farmework 3.5 solved the problem. But now i have a new problem.. i instaled the database and all on my notebock . and i only have internet in my desktop pc. so i shared internet from my desktop pc to my notebock so i cand open the server the problem is that now can enter my server . only i in my lan connect desktop pc and notebock. but i want to make my noteboke a dedicated server. and ppl word wide could enter. anyone knows how can i do these ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

thanks Monolith

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

thanks Monolith net farmework 3.5 solved the problem. But now i have a new problem.. i instaled the database and all on my notebock . and i only have internet in my desktop pc. so i shared internet from my desktop pc to my notebock so i cand open the server the problem is that now can enter my server . only i in my lan connect desktop pc and notebock. but i want to make my noteboke a dedicated server. and ppl word wide could enter. anyone knows how can i do these ?

In the config files make sure you Bind IP To: your WAN.

Make sure in the realmd database under realmlist you enter the WAN IP.

Should fix your problem...also make sure you have either ports forwarded or the server in DMZ if you are using a router.

Updated First post with newest release....

Changelog:

Latest Release is PryDevServer Revision 28:

Core:
Mangos x64 Core updated from 7665 to 7673.
Mangos x32 Core updated from 7665 to 7677.

Databases:
All YTDB databases are at Revision 146 aka 482_FIX_(7635).
ScriptDev2 is now revision 1009
ACID is now 009 revision 28

Updates
x64 Core Has had Major Improvements:
Most notably working Alterac Valley
Different Warlock Pet Fix
Blink Patch, Death Grip,
Mutilate among many other patches only for x64.

PS- I wasn't able to get these patches into the 32 bit core

Back