Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Dev] LaVix

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, seeing how you're busy with exams and such, I wonder why this hasn't gone open source. Maybe some random people could then take it and then perhaps improve it. I don't think any of the LaTale projects were open source, but I suppose you're concerned with having all of the credit since you've worked so hard. D:

I was bored and busy browsing the GP latale forums and looks like that guy found a way or something lol ... but it seems he wants to help GP LaTale even more LOL.

nope, that is something completely different.

GP Latale can use the launcher still and even update past the "web launcher" thing.

Don't you see v 83 with no web launcher :p It's possible.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
nope, that is something completely different.

GP Latale can use the launcher still and even update past the "web launcher" thing.

Don't you see v 83 with no web launcher :p It's possible.

lol yeah I noticed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yo i understand where Jrnaruto is coming from, i sorta feel the same way people are just giving up after like 5 months of working on it. If i knew understood this type i stuff i'd do it, and I'd know ill be done with by now because people like Amiria and Johnny Bravo say they'll help and if i was stuck id spamm them asking for help. So if ur stuck why just not ask for help. their is nothing wrong with asking for help, Or if you do get caught up in life situations pass the project on to someone else and they might be able to finish....NEVER JUST GIVE UP...., and whats the other already working server could someone pm it to me please...anybody...

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yo i understand where Jrnaruto is coming from, i sorta feel the same way people are just giving up after like 5 months of working on it. If i knew understood this type i stuff i'd do it, and I'd know ill be done with by now because people like Amiria and Johnny Bravo say they'll help and if i was stuck id spamm them asking for help. So if ur stuck why just not ask for help. their is nothing wrong with asking for help, Or if you do get caught up in life situations pass the project on to someone else and they might be able to finish....NEVER JUST GIVE UP...., and whats the other already working server could someone pm it to me please...anybody...

Yeah, I kinda agree too and that's why I said it could have been open source so if you're stuck some random person could help ;[ . I think it's closed source though =/. This section really might end up like the Trickster section if LaVix is discontinued.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Finally some progression :eek:
We made a launcher that will replace the OGP one and will work the same way, so you'll actually be able to login and stuff xD
Basiclly all we need now is to disable Xtrap, and we're working on that already :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We now have a fully working client, and development is continued. (Right.. nothing happened to the thread on KDev, I just confused it with this one)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sounds like good news. Does this mean you may have a beta test coming up soon?
Also, some screenies would be nice just to see your progress.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol xD not soon :p
The .FOM files I talked about.. I can't find any pattern in it, nor do the coords they have make any sense.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am just saying because it seems you are inactive now a days, I have a pretty active team atm and we are making pretty good progress but it would help us if you could give us some movement packet structs or useful tables.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Whatcha mean inactive nowadays >.> The last week or so we're deving again.
Anyway, the movement packets aren't harder than any other packet. It's the serversided parsing of the .FOM files that has to be done to know where the player can and can't go.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is looking really great. :D

I would love to see this up and running.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

good to know someone actually reads =_=, like srsly im not saying that you guys suck or anything but, PLEASE make this the last time anyone will ever quit...if you'l make the source make it, make a server out of it and make money off it, it even PAYS u after all ur hard work...even though around 30% of the income would go to keeping the server up..but please if you're stuck PASS IT ON dont just give some crappy excuse that you cant finish cuz of this, i know you wana protect your source but after all your hard work is done and you are well experienced with making the source it shouldnt be hard to make another! so anyways im not keeping my hopes up but i hope this will be the first costum made server other than copying ogp files, and also i think the only way u can get across xcrap is by making your own gameguard (thats what gp latale did) so it should work, might cost money but it'l pay off when things are ready believe me (btw for the rates im suggesting x30 exp and x40 ely....we might need liek x15 drop cuz on gp latale x5 drop made all the easily dropped items hard to get, or maybe we just need to worko n rare item drop rate.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We passed Xtrap already ages ago, and you're talking about rates when even movement isn't working properlly

Back