Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Saga Revised] Bug Thread

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
MAJOR GLITCHES
(This means we fix them first.)

(1.1) -Server crashes hourly with 10+ players (Database Pool Error)
(1.2) -Chat is bugged.
(It doesn't show your text most of the time.)
(1.3) -Partying sometimes makes client close completely and gives an error. ( )
(1.9) -In Hodemime, when you select a certain warp, you just keep falling until you die. ( )
(2.10) -The Warehouse is glitched, you can't take out your items. ( )
(And if you take out an item one by one from the warehouse, a ruby appears in your inventory)
(2.11) -Items that are supposed to add stats don't work.
(Example: STR Garnet Necklace adds 7 STR, but when equipped, no bonus stat is found)
(2.12) -Hat traders in Hodemimes (and maybe prontera) don't work, even if you have the required material it still doesnt give you the hat.

THINGS WE KNOW
(but will do later)

(4.1) -Fix Quests.
(4.2) -Translate Korean text.
(Need a Korean translator)

Enchanter Class Glitches
(3.1) -Healing spell doesn't heal when casted on other people.
(3.2) -All buffs, like imposito manus, fire resistance etc. can't be casted on other people.
(3.3) -Magic attack is glitched. ( )
(3.4) -Enchanter's need an increase in damage and/or Stats redone
(3.5) -LP points only work for Fire, Ice, and and Lightning resistance.
(3.6) -Sinister Strike Skill doesn't work, it gives no damage.
(3.7) -Strength STAT doesn't work, it increases health but not damage.

Swordsmen Class Glitches
(4.1) -Defensive Stance Skill doesn't work.
(4.2) -Charge Attack Skill says you need to be infront of the mob to be used, or that it can't be seen even when it's there. ([URL="
MackInTosh - [Saga Revised] Bug Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

(4.3) -LP points are never added.
(4.4) -Courageous Assault Skill doesn't work.
(It could be due to the fact that Swordsmen don't get LP when using skills)
(4.5) -Internal Injury Skill doesn't cause bleed to enemy.

Thief Class Glitches
(5.1) -Fatal Contact Skill stops lvling after the 3rd lvl.
(5.2) -Venom and Wound Skills don't work.

Recruit Class Glitches
(6.1) -The Skill Designation doesn't work. Everytime you use it, it says the skill is canceled.

PLEASE POST YOUR GLITCHES. I'LL ADD THEM TO THIS LIST.

I'll need specifics, screenshots are awesome.

Thanks to all who help out.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i'd like to point out that not all of these are issues with saga, some of these are client glitches.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
FORGET IT I FIX IT,... ALL THAT FILES ARE INCOMPATIBLE SO I GET A COMPATIBLE TRANSLATOR FILES
(1.8) -When you click on someones character, the game crashes and you receive a Critical Error.

No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 4 MHz with 3071MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (8084)

General protection fault!

History: Rag2SkillMgr::UpdateMyBattleSkill <- Rag2SkillMgr::Init <- Rag2Game::processFrame <- Rag2NetRecvMsg::RecvMAPINIT <- Rag2NetRecvMsg::ReceivedMsg <- Rag2NetRecvMsg::ReceivedGACT <- Rag2NetRecvMsg::ReceivedPacket <- CLoginConnection::MessageProcess <- CNetConnector::DoRead <- CNetClientSock::Update <- CNetMessageMgr::Tick <- UGameEngine::Rag2Tick <- ClientTick-RequestSection <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- UpdateSounds <- UALAudioSubsystem::Update <- UALAudioSubsystem::ThreadUpdate <- UALAudioSubsystem::ThreadProc

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hrmm... outdated now I would suspect... since were at revision 69... :/ would be nice to see whats been fixed..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
some of the bugs are still intact in rev 69 like the once said above....

i noticed the job skills like the one mentioned above are still buggy....and a plus to that all jobs stances dont work

the potions didnt heal when they are suppose to thus giving something like "potion failed to attack u"

monsters in alfhelm appears on top of trees when they're supposed to spawn on ground level...

auctions didnt work and keep saying cash item not found when the item is still in there

map cave of emir turns out to be a void

quickloads and sometimes you're randomly warped back to whereever u are (like mentioned above)

most quest doesnt work...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MOBS###

A lot of monster dont hit players.....and some monster which actually dont move. players cant attack them

In alfeheim forest....No monster.

WARPS### Trouble with players go to emir cave....n teleports but to a white space.

NPC##
Traders dont actually trade.....meaning u find all the items.....then u wan to trade....it got error.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MOBS###

A lot of monster dont hit players.....and some monster which actually dont move. players cant attack them

In alfeheim forest....No monster.

WARPS### Trouble with players go to emir cave....n teleports but to a white space.

NPC##
Traders dont actually trade.....meaning u find all the items.....then u wan to trade....it got error.

In alfeheim forest....No monster. ---->> u can actually make them move by editing the WalkSpeed, RunSpeed in data/npc_templates.csv file and then recompiling all server files..

In alfeheim forest....No monster. ------>> It does spawns only that they are on top of trees...u can see them if u know how to "fly" or be a "ghost" in-game that is..somehow they spawn not on ground level.... Is now fixed in rev 72 n 73

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks dr8breed.

I got a performance issue at rev 73 outside the training room (where characters born). my pc runs fine either inside the room at rev 73, and everywhere at rev69. i guess the performance drop is from ai scripting.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
In rev74 i have 70% of the errors reported, the rest are not tested by me...

In X hours, the server lagg for moments (in a AMD phenom 3 core, 5GB of ram and 4mb of internet connectivity).

Reaction score
with 90 online server don't crashes,
but ppl crash every 3 min with fake packets ( they using some programm ) i can't ban from IP bcws i don't know who doing this !!!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
with 90 online server don't crashes,
but ppl crash every 3 min with fake packets ( they using some programm ) i can't ban from IP bcws i don't know who doing this !!!!

fake packets from wpe pro or other sniffer/hacking programs might lead to crash for u.. i suggest not banning them from ip.. cause its worthless if they have dynamic ip's or using a proxy for anonimity.. u can easily ban a username/account, if u have a web cms that intergrates with the server or u can do it manually via the sql database if u happens to know who does it.. :8:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
they are not supposed to run in an x64 environment.

Back