Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] How to set up your own patch server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, so you want to create your own patch server. There are a few reasons why you'd want to do this:

1. It's faster than connecting to kro2 servers.
2. It gives you to manual control to patches.
3. It allows you to distribute custom launchers and set custom loading pages.
4. It allows you to easily change IP addresses of the Gateway.

Obviously you'll need a web server.. :p Gravity's partner uses to distribute patches.

1. So first.. lets have a look at the structure:

Picture - [IMG]https://forum.ragezone.com/ima...//ragnarok2-gravity.ktics.co.kr/(filenamehere)

Most important file is:

This is the file which tells the patcher everything.
Notify URL - The patcher splash screen.
Server IPs - The IP addresses of the gateways.
Self Info - How many patch-related tools there are. This field also allows you to distribute extra software needed in the patch process.
Server Version - Version of the server.
Update Info - The filenames of the patch files.

Note: You will have to update FullPatchInfo.xml and UpdateInfo.xml each time a new patch is released.

2. Ok, so now that you know the structure and (hopefully) managed to setup your own web server with this stuff. Lets take a look at how we actually get Ragnarok2.exe to download from YOUR server.

Note: I assume you put all of this stuff into a nice folder called /ro2/ on your webserver.

First we will need a hex editor which actually supports Unicode. A good free one is called .

Extract it with 7zip or WinRAR..

Next, locate Ragnarok2.exe, and make a copy of it. Call it Ragnarok2-MyServer.exe.

Open Ragnarok2-MyServer.exe with MadEdit.

Press Ctrl-F and search for UpdateInfo.xml

You will see a bunch of Unicode characters in this form U p d a t e I n .. you get the idea. Well, you will also see the URL there.

Change this URL to your own server. So... something like
Keep it equal size or less.

Now.. the most important part. As of the recent patchers.. if your URL is shorter than what the original was. Do not fill them with 00 00! Instead, fill it with 09 00. The patcher will interpret these as blanks while still interpreting the URL correctly.

Picture - [IMG]https://forum.ragezone.com/ima...Other than that, have fun.. I guess. :mellow:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
thankx you .. will try it!

good guide!

-sama
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This guide is great,
well, I'll be doing this after I go home~.

Still not on my server,
Later.

Peace, We Out.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you fix the links provided, i think the first one didnt work T_T, thanks!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, that's cause you're supposed to replace (filenamehere) with the file you want to download.

See the first image for filenames. They are case-sensitive.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol hahah how dumb i am, thanks nice guide though :D:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the guide! Nice work.
----
Edit - finally wrote some batch scripts to leech the files with Wget for Win32. Pretty elementary stuff, but if it all goes well I will attach a copy of the scripts to a future reply.

The files are much too big for me to make a shareablel pack, but I'm sure I could make the batch files available.

cheers!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ro2 Patch Server Leech Scripts
By RECCA421

• You need a copy of WGET for Win32. Google will help you find it.
  • these batch files assume that WGET has been installed to system32 along with all it's DLLs. No path to the WGET executable has been set - I recomend to put the WGET exe and related DLLs into your system32 folder, then just UNRAR and run these scripts from wherever you want the patch files downloaded to.
  • The non ".RTP" files have been put in a separate batch file because that's the way I made it :p:
  • I recommend if you have a good enough connection to run all the batch files at once. I guarantee that the first set of RTPs will take forever, as the first patch is nearly a full gigabyte.

Enjoy!
RECCA421
[edit] Upped new version - old version had an error and would not download updateinfo.xml . . . works fine now.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
incase anyone need the windows wget setup file...

after install, you need to go into directory and follow by bin folder and copy all the file inside to you system32 file

run recca421 script and tada! you got it running...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
okay

after install go into the file directory follow by bin folder
copy all the file inside and paste into your windows/system32

run recca421 script and TADA!!! its working =)

Back