Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setup For Ro2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
slickone's instructions are actually one of the clearest i've read from this forum. just follow it from step one and you'll not go wrong.

i'm just having problems with the language patch =)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
yep.. setting up the server is easy with slickone's instruction.

but i think you should follow the client setup guide somewhere around here ^^ helped me with the language patch ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh there is? i tried the other thread on sticky - applocale stuff but it gave errors on my client. what zip file did you use for english patch?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
applocale worked fine for me... @___@ ...

i'll try to upload a client as soon as i can with full NPC translation.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, I got through everything except when I login to my account, there's no servers in the list. Did I do something wrong?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
err im getting an error that has header: hack sheild error.
then its in korean and at the end it states [203] Any help?

EDIT: NVRMD figured out what to do... lol how stupid am i?

EDIT got the same error as sunday gloom. Is this because of improper insallation of the lan packs or just cause windows is crap?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Okay, I got through everything except when I login to my account, there's no servers in the list. Did I do something wrong?

Yes you did, you didn't read the tutorial.
You didn't create a world in the DB...
I'm not gonna tell u what to do, just read the tutorial and you'll be able to fix it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I am trying to get one of my friends onto my wee server that I have now. (Everything worked fine for me)

I have everything setup like the guide stated to do so, such as having the SQL database on my computer. So if I want to get my friend connected all I would change is the

"System\RagII.exe" ServerIP=127.0.0.1 ServerPort=64000
EXIT

to

"System\RagII.exe" ServerIP=ExLAN ServerPort=64000
EXIT

Right?

Also, when I try to spawn an item using the "!item" command, nothing happens.

I type - !item 5004 1 myname - And I don't get anything, what is up with that?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes you did, you didn't read the tutorial.
You didn't create a world in the DB...
I'm not gonna tell u what to do, just read the tutorial and you'll be able to fix it.
Oh, oops my bad. I didn't see that step.

But I have another problem now. Whenever I finish configuring the files it does not save into the configure file, that makes it keep saying "Invalid Proof" in the map server.

And at Anthonx, I think the error is caused by you using vista. Turn off UAC in the control panel and it should work.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If you get "Invalid Proof" error its because your world server is wrongly configured in MySQL, re-check its "proof" and make sure its the same as in your configuration files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Man i have this error

Database version mismatch

System.Exception: Database version mismatch
en Saga.Managers.Database.Load() en C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\GameServers\Saga Revised\Saga.Map\Managers\World Managers\Managers.Database.cs:l

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I am trying to get one of my friends onto my wee server that I have now. (Everything worked fine for me)

I have everything setup like the guide stated to do so, such as having the SQL database on my computer. So if I want to get my friend connected all I would change is the

"System\RagII.exe" ServerIP=127.0.0.1 ServerPort=64000
EXIT

to

"System\RagII.exe" ServerIP=ExLAN ServerPort=64000
EXIT

Right?

Also, when I try to spawn an item using the "!item" command, nothing happens.

I type - !item 5004 1 myname - And I don't get anything, what is up with that?

Anyone know how to make this work?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmpf.... yepp i know what u must make!!!

Also, it says in the GM Commands portion of the documentation, that the !item command sends your items to the Event Rewards area. (Kafra->Present icon).

However, first you must make the Events list work in the Kafra. You can do this by reading the above post. An easier way to read it is:

1) Open your .../Binary/Saga.Map.config file.

2) Scroll down and find:
<Saga.Factory.Events type="../Binary/Saga.Map.Data.LuaQuest.dll, Saga.Map.Data.LuaQuest.EventInfo">
<Files>
<add path="../Data/eventlist.csv" format="text/csv" />
</Files>
</Saga.Factory.Events>
3) Change the word type to provider so it should look like this:
<Saga.Factory.Events provider="../Binary/Saga.Map.Data.LuaQuest.dll, Saga.Map.Data.LuaQuest.EventInfo">
<Files>
<add path="../Data/eventlist.csv" format="text/csv" />
</Files>
</Saga.Factory.Events>

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Alrighty, it works now. Now could someone tell me how to get someone else onto my server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've something wrong with the server files. Maybe because im using vista. I typed inside my authentication proof of this server but it says it has stopped working. Can someone help me? Please?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
everything's running fine now, i was considering hosting the game but LOL the web thingie is beyond me. i have no idea on how to do that. i guess i'll just play it offline LOL (sad).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back