Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] For "Saga Revised" Server Files

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ok fellas if you encounter errors like these to your "Saga.map, Saga.Gateway, Saga.Authentication" ---->
major333 - [Tutorial] For "Saga Revised" Server Files - RaGEZONE Forums

These are the things you will need to do to be ablel to fix this.

I would sugguest that you uninstall the programs full down below if you allready have them installed and not working correctly.

-=Things Needed=-
"ROII Client"
"Saga Revised",
"Navicat Lite for MySQL" and "MySQL 5.1",
"Net Framwork 3.5",
Dont install the MySQL 6.0 because it fails for some people who encounter this problem.

"Ports To Be Open"
3306 -TCP
3307 -TCP
64000 -TCP
64001 -TCP
64002 -TCP
64003 -TCP
65000 - TCP
65001 -TCP
65002 -TCP
65003 -TCP
======================================================================================================================
1.) -=MySQL 5.1=-
So it should be like Double click it keep clicking next, after it is installed it will ask you if you want to configure
the mysql now, make sure that tab is clicked then click finish (on 5.1 it asks if you want to register mysql just unclick
that tab because you hate that XD).

Now its time to friggin configure this mysql stuff click Next > "detailed configuration" > "Developer Machine" >
"Multifuntional Database" > Next > Select Manual Setting tab (Also I reccomend you put it to its highest Concurrent
Connections because if too many people connect you will lose ability to enter the database. setting it high will allow you
to edit the database while thier is alot of users on)
Next >
Next >
Next >
Now it should come up with "Enable TCP/IP Networking
Set the port to ethier "3306 or 3307" or whatever makes you happy.

Next >
(I Reccomend putting a root password to keep your database safe from access other then yourself anyone can log into it if
they know your ip) any password is ok you will have to put this for the server files when you reach that point in setting
up server. Then click next it will set up all your info into its settings and then click the finish button.

======================================================================================================================
2.) Install Navicat

So simple install, keep clicking next till its finished. Now to set it to connect to your mysql.
Now what i need you to do is open up navicat after it is installed you will see a tab labled "Connection" on top left side
of navicat.
When you see this,

Connection name : <-- Can be anything you want to put in there
Host name/Ip address : <--- localhost means the same pc its on "127.0.0.1" if the databases are on another pc change it to
the pcs ip address
Port : <--- Ethier change it to 3307 or 3306.
Username : <-- by default it is root you can change that later if you want but for now its root
Password : <--- if you gave mysql a password when setting it up put it there if not leave it blank if your that hardcore.

After you done that you know what to do from the guides.

3.) Setting the server files and stuff.
Now this is the bit where you might get kinda stuck on.
Now go to your binary folder then click the "Saga.Map" then it will ask you questions to configure how the server will
run.
What Is the world id of this server? <--- here you will put 1
What is the player limit of this server? <--- put anything you like there
What is the authentication proof of this server? <---- put anything you like there to show proof of you having server
Now for plugins keep putting 1 till you get to Do you want to configure gateway-map network? press N then press N again
now it will ask you Do you want to configure the database settings? press Y.
What is the Database name?
saga
What is the Database user?
root
What is the Database Password?
(whatever you set password to while setting up mysql)
What is the Database Port?
3306 or 3307
What is the Database Host?
(wherever the mysql/database is at if on your own pc put localhost if on another put thier ip)
Then press Y after then it should finish.

Now go back to binary select "Server.Gateway". Press N 3 times. Server.Gateway is now done.

Go back to binary and select "Server. Authentication" next for plugin put 1 then press N twice then Y Follow the same
instructions that was shown for Server.Map
Now your server is setup and ready to go. Run the applications in this order
1. Server.Map.exe
2. Server.Gateway.exe
3. Server.Authentication.exe
Also you must make a world for your server go inside your database in navicat go to saga then look in the list for
"list_world"
Id = 1
name = any name you wanna put for it
proof = look inside your server.map.config file with notpad and search for the line that says proof=" " copy whats
inbetween the quotes and paste it into proof in your database.
So it should be in for example : "C:\Documents and Settings\Joker\Desktop\New Folder\Binary\Saga.Map.xml"

3.) Running the server files
Now all you have to do now is just run the server files ...which are "Saga.Map", "Saga.Gateway", "Saga.Authentication".

Now go back to the Binary foler and open up "Saga.Map.xml", "Saga.Gateway.xml", "Saga.Authentication.xml".

When you find the ports -->
<Connections>
<add connection="public" host="127.0.0.1" port="65001" />
<add connection="internal" host="127.0.0.1" port="65002" />
</Connections>

You will need to change thoese to the ports you forwarded at the beging.
After you done all that save them Obviously.

And they should now be all okies ^.^

Then Runn the "Saga.Map", "Saga.Gateway", "Saga.Authentication" EXE's

cant help you if you have some thing different to this this is only what i have encounterd so far and fixed it.

-=Credits=-
slickone <--made a well presented guide
and to the other who helped me fix this, you know who you are. <-- The Brains

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
we need tutorial that have more pictures...
words seem hard...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well... Pics r 4 noobies, no offense...
Coz u just have to use ur brain, sense, eyes and hands... (4 me...)
But itll be a BIG help if u put some pics on it...
Good guide 4 u and slickone...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice tutorial but i need any more images. But it's nice.

Good Luck and thanks for the guide.

BYebye.-

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice tutorial...

i'll try this after I download the client.. ^^,

very well said.. why others can't get it?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Q>> how to configure the saga revised with changeable exp rate???
i always get "1 error...." and it seems that lua52.dll make my configuration
crash.(T_T) by the way im using windows vista starter as my os.

pls reply, your guide is most appreciated. Thank You!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
HELP i hav an error D: =(

my Saga.Map.exe have a problem!!!! it says 1 errors occured when loading. Anyone hav any idea how to change it. I think i put wrong host for this. How to reset it . I tried extracting over and over again it still is the same thing. Is there a way how to configure the thing again?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
same here 1 errors occured when loading.. plz someone help us... thx

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tell me how to fix the system is not working party??

Got unknown packet E 1
(PartyInvite 0x0E01)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Got 1 error too.
"Saga.Map.exe",Error,0,"Quest section was not found please configure the quest configuration",,,,,,,
Any info on fixing this?

Back