Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HELP]tuorialx2

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I was wondering if anyone would be willing to write a complete tutorial on how to setup a server includeing how to setup the server on a linux machine. If you do not know how than please just write a tutorial for xp/vista. Thank you for your time.
if you do not wish to put the tutorial on the web and have one please message me at winmuta_69@hotmail.com it would be much appreciated.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Theres a video but its n korean, try figuring it out. Its just different language.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
the fact remains if it does not teach me how to setup a server on linux it is practically useless to me unless someone is looking for a GM position and some on a pserver and has a dedicated server on xp or vista (I am currently being offered a free host off of linux so if you want this position it has to be free otherwise we WILL figure out how to set it up on linux)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
if you cant host using linux, try vmware.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
no see the thing is the dedicated host is running linux and if we cant run it on linux we cant use the dedicated host

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
dekaron ultra is run on linux so yes you can.............what needs to be done is a complete conversion of the server files to linux as in a whole reporgramming of them which I don't feel like doing so if someone knows another way please tell me

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I never tryed but you could do something with wine a windows emu for linux, i dont know if the files and programs used by the server could be ported to linux but you could give it a shot.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
dekaron ultra is run on linux so yes you can.............what needs to be done is a complete conversion of the server files to linux as in a whole reporgramming of them which I don't feel like doing so if someone knows another way please tell me

like i say, you cant.
At less you show some screenshot about that, i keep my point.

Why? becouse the server use mssql like server, and that CANT be emulated on linux.
You can change the source, blah blah, but... its a creazy job.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Why dont u use a virtualization tool suggested by some1 above? Something like vmware. You could use it on linux to install xp.

Back