Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Information] Inquiring about Dekaron

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello i wanted to know what sort of knowledge and skill set would i need if i wanted to create a test server.

What sort of tools and software will i be required to have in place for a test server to be set up.

Thanks to any one who responds.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Creating a very basic test server is easy, all you need software based is windows below Vista ( Binaries aren't very Vista or Windows 7 friendly) MSSQL 2000 SP3+ and of course server files.

SQL knowledge is very important to fix some stuff, like class and siege problems.

XAMPP (with the account php script) is also an option if you prefer having an easy way to create test accounts.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks blade i will give it a go when i free up some time.

Few question i have just thought about.

Will this work on windows server 2008 R2?
Will this only work with Mssql 2000?
Will it be better to use a virtual windows to run it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have it working on server 2008 so R2 works also probly

It will probly work with other MSSQL's not certain. Tryed in the beginning on SQL server 2008 R2 but didn't know where everything was hide in this version so following warmongers tutorial didn't help me so went to 2000.

It's smart to do it on a Virtual Machine its easyer to revert things and if u don't trust the .exe(s) orsomething like that u don't need to worry about it in VM

Back