Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

mySQL Database

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi @ all mus i restore the database from the files or can i create a new database :?:

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
You must use MSSQL not MySQL. MySQL is another type of SQL server optimized for web servers etc.

There is no such thing as optimized for web servers. MSSQL is a database engine released by Microsoft and MySQL is a database engine released by Oracle (former Sun). They both work perfectly in all domains.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There is no such thing as optimized for web servers. MSSQL is a database engine released by Microsoft and MySQL is a database engine released by Oracle (former Sun). They both work perfectly in all domains.

MySQL uses less cpu cycles and a smaller memory footprint. It can also quick read without the need for transactional overhead. MySQL is proven to be faster, but all in all Dekaron files wont run on it without some major edits. So he needs to make sure hes using the right one. Also who would use MSSQL for a web server? Would you? :rolleyes:

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
MySQL uses less cpu cycles and a smaller memory footprint. It can also quick read without the need for transactional overhead. MySQL is proven to be faster, but all in all Dekaron files wont run on it without some major edits. So he needs to make sure hes using the right one. Also who would use MSSQL for a web server? Would you? :rolleyes:

I am. Since I am hosting my website on an IIS server..

Back