Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] .div tool + tut

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well, this will be my first release at ragezone after some time away from the community that gave me the 1st files I managed to modify until now.

This release is basically a tutorial on how to make .div files and the tools needed to make the files themselves.

I will explain how to make the .div and also I will explain how to host them so that your launcher will download and attach them onto your 'data.pak'.

If the replies are positive and all goes well, next time I will release a tut and tools on how to modify a Launcher.

So lets begin :

BladeCX - [RELEASE] .div tool + tut - RaGEZONE Forums

Here you can see the main folder of the .div maker, here you can see 'div', 'updata', 'DIV.exe' and 'DIVM.exe'.

'div' is the folder were your freshly made .div files will end up after the .div maker finishes his job.

'updata' is the main folder of the program basically, its were your unpacked files must be.

'DIV.exe' is a .div unpacker, in case you want to modify any of your previous .div to add them in a future update.

'DIVM.exe' is the actual .div maker.

The main focus in the div maker are the two last buttons, those are the the only buttons you need to use to create the .div files.

The one before the last must be pressed first, as it will read all files inside the 'updata' folder in order to make the preparations for .div creation, this can take a while depending on PC spec and number of files to update. After the the file preparation is ready you will see some strange letters and some numbers after them at top right of the window, that means that the files are ready.
This is the time to press the last button so the .div creation starts. After it is done you will see below the top right numbers set before other set of characters followed by numbers again, but these new numbers aren't the same as the ones before. This time you will see a numbers resembling the first but with a number before.

Example:

symbols 234
symbols 233

That means that the divs are done.

After that head to div folder and take those to your webhost update system.

I strongly recommend using a Windows XP machine for the .div creation process as in Vista/Win7 I always had errors on Launcher patching process step. Also use it on C:\DIVMAKER or D:\DIVMAKER it can also bring some problems if the file path is too long

=================================================================

Here I will explain how to config your updata folder and your update folder on webhost.

This should be the usual arrangement of folders used for a successful patch.

Always remember to put your files onto 'updata/data/' else the files won't write in the correct places and you wont see any modifications on your data.pak file.

Here you can see the main update folder on the webhost. The folder update MUST be on the main webhost folder else the launcher wont find the updates. Make sure you config all files to your IP/DNS, save them and put a copy of them to your main dekaron client folder also.

Here you see how the launcher finds the folder were it gets its updates. As you see in the notepad file there is the 1.0.1 update followed by a number 1, that means that update 1.0.1 has only one .div file. The way you should number out your updates is not by the last .div file but by a number after. The reason why to number one after is because the .div maker starts at '0000.div' and not '0001.div'.

Example:

Your last .div file says 0254.div

In history you must write;

1.0.1 255

This is pretty much all that is needed to update any data.pak with your files.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
what launcher will I use? i used the default launcher but it does not update.

my webserver is the default one inside the ultimate server files.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
what launcher will I use? i used the default launcher but it does not update.

my webserver is the default one inside the ultimate server files.

You should use xampp webserver that works fine with the updater, one good launcher to use is Rusaki one as it isn't compacted and will be usable to modify the Skin/Links.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi for example i have 5 folders in my update folder as named
and each of those folders have .div files like first one has 1-35 and the rest has 00000.div so if i run my launcher and my launchers history is 1.0.0 will it start updating from folders 1.0.1-1.0.5? or will it jump to 1.0.1 to 1.0.5 exluding the folders in the middle?
because i did that once and set my hstory to 1.0.1 so it would upload from next 4 folders. but it just jumped without updating folders in the midddle.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi for example i have 5 folders in my update folder as named
and each of those folders have .div files like first one has 1-35 and the rest has 00000.div so if i run my launcher and my launchers history is 1.0.0 will it start updating from folders 1.0.1-1.0.5? or will it jump to 1.0.1 to 1.0.5 exluding the folders in the middle?
because i did that once and set my hstory to 1.0.1 so it would upload from next 4 folders. but it just jumped without updating folders in the midddle.

If the history on the server is correctly set up it will update without any problems, and yes it can jump if you have like :

1.1.2 1
1.2.1 23

It will jump to 1.2.1

Also don't forget to number your update files, the number of div's is really important else it wont count as an update.

Example:

1.0.1 10
1.0.2 5

Also 00000.div count has 1 update if per example your 1.0.1 has only 1 00000.div

1.0.1 1

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Added as Sticky as its an important tool for client maintenance.
I'll try to make a video tut later.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Make sure you change the IP's on the webserver side update.ini, else when the launcher connects it changes the IP to the one on the webserver update.ini and won't find updates.

Also remember to add the update to history.config on server side.

Reaction score
ok thx problem is fixed i have other file on server side.

BladeCX i have a question have you old DIVM not translate. If yes pls upload

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well, this will be my first release at ragezone after some time away from the community that gave me the 1st files I managed to modify until now.

This release is basically a tutorial on how to make .div files and the tools needed to make the files themselves.

I will explain how to make the .div and also I will explain how to host them so that your launcher will download and attach them onto your 'data.pak'.

If the replies are positive and all goes well, next time I will release a tut and tools on how to modify a Launcher.

So lets begin :

Here you can see the main folder of the .div maker, here you can see 'div', 'updata', 'DIV.exe' and 'DIVM.exe'.

'div' is the folder were your freshly made .div files will end up after the .div maker finishes his job.

'updata' is the main folder of the program basically, its were your unpacked files must be.

'DIV.exe' is a .div unpacker, in case you want to modify any of your previous .div to add them in a future update.

'DIVM.exe' is the actual .div maker.

The main focus in the div maker are the two last buttons, those are the the only buttons you need to use to create the .div files.

The one before the last must be pressed first, as it will read all files inside the 'updata' folder in order to make the preparations for .div creation, this can take a while depending on PC spec and number of files to update. After the the file preparation is ready you will see some strange letters and some numbers after them at top right of the window, that means that the files are ready.
This is the time to press the last button so the .div creation starts. After it is done you will see below the top right numbers set before other set of characters followed by numbers again, but these new numbers aren't the same as the ones before. This time you will see a numbers resembling the first but with a number before.

Example:

symbols 234
symbols 233

That means that the divs are done.

After that head to div folder and take those to your webhost update system.

I strongly recommend using a Windows XP machine for the .div creation process as in Vista/Win7 I always had errors on Launcher patching process step. Also use it on C:\DIVMAKER or D:\DIVMAKER it can also bring some problems if the file path is too long

=================================================================

Here I will explain how to config your updata folder and your update folder on webhost.

This should be the usual arrangement of folders used for a successful patch.

Always remember to put your files onto 'updata/data/' else the files won't write in the correct places and you wont see any modifications on your data.pak file.

Here you can see the main update folder on the webhost. The folder update MUST be on the main webhost folder else the launcher wont find the updates. Make sure you config all files to your IP/DNS, save them and put a copy of them to your main dekaron client folder also.

Here you see how the launcher finds the folder were it gets its updates. As you see in the notepad file there is the 1.0.1 update followed by a number 1, that means that update 1.0.1 has only one .div file. The way you should number out your updates is not by the last .div file but by a number after. The reason why to number one after is because the .div maker starts at '0000.div' and not '0001.div'.

Example:

Your last .div file says 0254.div

In history you must write;

1.0.1 255

This is pretty much all that is needed to update any data.pak with your files.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I know people are still out looking for DIV autopatchers so here you go. (BOTH PARTS ARE IN THAT ONE DOWNLOAD

Back