Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ultimate Dekaron Server Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i have a question.... after done the server to reg u'll need a site of the server right? how to make it... sry if it's a dumb question :blushing:

True several reg pages have been released in the Release section. Download one of them and put it on your localhost.:tongue:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
True several reg pages have been released in the Release section. Download one of them and put it on your localhost.:tongue:

i have a question .... at the Dot 8. i don't understand what is to do there... can u explain better

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi sorry can u please explain me what to do at the 5 and the 6?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Dear Warmonger.

Thank you for an awesome guide. So far, so good.. until steps 7-9 In the "Step 3" List

I'm having a bit of trouble with this. We're currently on a blank server. Dual Xeon with 8GB of RAM, and 1TB HDD. Fresh Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 Edition installation.

I have all the files you listed to download.. but that step is a little unclear to me, and unfortunately, I've never worked with Dekaron/2Moon P-Servers.

If you could step me through this, or make a suggestion as to where to do this mysterious "Back Up" step, that would be great.

You'd be best off (If you could) messaging me on AIM or MSN (MSN being DJReact0r@live.com, AIM being DJReact0r)

But if not, I'll do my best to post here.

Thank you, Warmonger :p

Cheers.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dear Warmonger.

Thank you for an awesome guide. So far, so good.. until steps 7-9 In the "Step 3" List

I'm having a bit of trouble with this. We're currently on a blank server. Dual Xeon with 8GB of RAM, and 1TB HDD. Fresh Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 Edition installation.

I have all the files you listed to download.. but that step is a little unclear to me, and unfortunately, I've never worked with Dekaron/2Moon P-Servers.

If you could step me through this, or make a suggestion as to where to do this mysterious "Back Up" step, that would be great.

You'd be best off (If you could) messaging me on AIM or MSN (MSN being DJReact0r@live.com, AIM being DJReact0r)

But if not, I'll do my best to post here.

Thank you, Warmonger :p

Cheers.

Dots 7-9 in "Step: 3" are just basicly finding and selecting the databases to restore into SQL.

Warmonger said:
7. Click On "From Device" And Then Click On "Select Devices"
There are 3 dots in the restore database dialog to select where you want to retrive the database from. The one at the the end is the one you want (all the way to the right).

Warmonger said:
8. Click Add And Then Choose The Destination Of The Backups To Restore Into SQL
Pretty easy just clicking "add" button and selecting the database files from somewhere in the computer.

Warmonger said:
9. Press OK 2 Times To Continue, And Then Press The Options Tab
Press OK 2 times to close the restore database dialogs so your down the the main restore database dialog and select "options" tab at the top.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
im having troubles at step 4 and 5 could u plz explain me

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

dude when i do the step 7 it says the server does notexist... what do i have to put at server name, at server_ip and at account database and password database???? explain and help plz :)

Reaction score
Hi, first i have to say Good Guide!, now my problem (yes i have a problem)
when i'm trying to do the Step 5 i got this problem

any help? or ideas on how to fix it?
PD: Sorry for my bad english :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
dude this guide is not well explaining what to do... when i do the step 7 it says the server does notexist... actually till there it never asked me to make a server name or whatever... also idk where does the icon of my server goes....can u explain me if there is anything else that i gotta do before this guide ? if so plz answer.... i've made 2 posts already and i had noanswer plz... been 2 days already since im stuck in step 7 so help me please! :(

btw i seen in topic "how to make a private dekaron server" i seen the video.... in part 1 he doesn't make some steps that are in the guide and it works.... that makes me confused... what shud i do and what shudn't i do??? someone answer-.- plz

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
dude this guide is not well explaining what to do... when i do the step 7 it says the server does notexist... actually till there it never asked me to make a server name or whatever... also idk where does the icon of my server goes....can u explain me if there is anything else that i gotta do before this guide ? if so plz answer.... i've made 2 posts already and i had noanswer plz... been 2 days already since im stuck in step 7 so help me please! :(

btw i seen in topic "how to make a private dekaron server" i seen the video.... in part 1 he doesn't make some steps that are in the guide and it works.... that makes me confused... what shud i do and what shudn't i do??? someone answer-.- plz

Guide UPDATED! Sorry for that I made a small type-o all should be fixed now.:thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guide UPDATED! Sorry for that I made a small type-o all should be fixed now.:thumbup:

ok ty...i have another question at step 6 it says i gotta put all ips at 127.0.0.1... except the loginserver ip.... can u tell me what is loginserver ip? and also why does in the video it shows the person's ip adress in all ini files instead of showing 127.0.0.1? im still confused.... also i have another question :
i have never been asked to write my server name till there.... and idk how to ... so why does it says it couldn't find the server or it doesn't exist? in the SQL Server Sercive Manager it says that the server "MYPC" is working??

thx for the attention

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello.
First, thanks for the guide.
Guide really clear and accurate manner convenient.
---

It's the first time I can not open server Dekaron.
And the first time have problems here and there =]

The first problem:
1) I do not know how to delete all users and also I can not open a user.
2) I can not enter the game open player but I can not enter play, he seemed to me that this is not the same version.
Second problem:
1) It's not really a problem just I want to know if a site through which can create username password.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ok ty...i have another question at step 6 it says i gotta put all ips at 127.0.0.1... except the loginserver ip.... can u tell me what is loginserver ip? and also why does in the video it shows the person's ip adress in all ini files instead of showing 127.0.0.1? im still confused.... also i have another question :
i have never been asked to write my server name till there.... and idk how to ... so why does it says it couldn't find the server or it doesn't exist? in the SQL Server Sercive Manager it says that the server "MYPC" is working??

thx for the attention
1. Nobody took the time to figure out the real ip-configuration every jumped to hamachi or use loopback adapters. This is the real IP configuration it should work flawlessly.
2. Write server name where? When loading server files it asks for login to connect to SQL? Make sure you setup ODBC correctly and have all required logins in database.

Hello.
First, thanks for the guide.
Guide really clear and accurate manner convenient.
---

It's the first time I can not open server Dekaron.
And the first time have problems here and there =]

The first problem:
1) I do not know how to delete all users and also I can not open a user.
2) I can not enter the game open player but I can not enter play, he seemed to me that this is not the same version.
Second problem:
3) It's not really a problem just I want to know if a site through which can create username password.

1. Use Zombie's cleaner query its posted somewhere on here.
2. Check client side version.ini and make sure what it says inside matchs server side version.ini (in share folder)
3. There are webfiles that are posted on here in website section and work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I changed my server files to A6.
I downloaded a new clean DB

Now all I ran in Query Analyzer but I run the command to open a user and I will go play it gives me two things.
1) the pass is not much
Or
2) incorrect ID
And he does it to me to use that I opened.
Here's how I developed the user.

Image:

The problem is, he says there is a problem in User_tbl.
How to fix this problem?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I changed my server files to A6.
I downloaded a new clean DB

Now all I ran in Query Analyzer but I run the command to open a user and I will go play it gives me two things.
1) the pass is not much
Or
2) incorrect ID
And he does it to me to use that I opened.
Here's how I developed the user.

Image:

The problem is, he says there is a problem in User_tbl.
How to fix this problem?
Ur missing the top part of the query "Use account;" ur trying execute onto the master database which doesnts have a table named "tbl_user"

Recomend: Use a web page to register some reason inserting accounts via querys dont work they just make the accounts bug. I belive its because its not being defined and MD5 hashed. I will check this now and see if this is the problem.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe if you have msn.
If so then just be more convenient for me to talk to you there

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Updated Guide Working On Query For Making Accounts Without A Reg Page. I Posted A Query Fill In The Defines And Lemme Know If It Works.

UPDATE!
Making Accounts With Query Tested And Working!

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,

in top of all really nice guide.

I got a question with the client. I noticed that the F1-F6 Shortcut bar is upside the Chat textbox and I cant use it at all. F4-F5-F6 keys are unusable.
I made research inside the client folder about the coords of the hud parts but i can't find how to move it. If you can help me..!

And another thing. I found a bug with exp between Client-Server. In few words: the client level up faster than server. I fixed it replacing the same file exp.csv in server and client folder (if you check valors they are different).

Thats all. Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english.

Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back