Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Making your own Private Grand Chase Server v2

-sama
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Please give the specific error.
Hmm, If I'm right, have you already hexed the main.exe to the IP of your server?

If not, I may suggest to hex it first and set the ip to the ip of your server.
Have you already used the .bat method?

-sama
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Are the IPs on ConnectStatusDB, RouterMSG, ServerMSG, and config_server.lua setted?
Are you using the Hexed Main.Exe (7mb)?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are the IPs on ConnectStatusDB, RouterMSG, ServerMSG, and config_server.lua setted?
Are you using the Hexed Main.Exe (7mb)?

Hello. Im having a problem similar to the one you're trying to clarify there.

I have the same problem as above, get as far as KOG then it crashes, saying it failed to connect to the IP.

I cant check at my ipconfig from cmd.. dunno why. But I checked on whatismyip.com, and used that one.
Could it be that that's my problem?
Also, in the guide, he says that "after the 6 windows pop up, they must all stay up", though 3 say they failed to connect and close. Here is a screeny:
shiningriver - Making your own Private Grand Chase Server v2 - RaGEZONE Forums

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Yours,
Dan

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah that much I figured. But what am I supposed to do to fix them? Any idea?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
You need to make sure that the instance is all of the following:
  • Existing in SQL
  • The only one
  • the only one used in the ODBC files
You also need to make sure that:
  • Correct configuration of odbc matches that of your system's configuration
  • Database configuration matches that of the system

AS the error explains, it cannot connect to your database. Simply put, your odbc files are unable to make a connection with your database... try doing it again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks shining! Im going to try that. Though Im not quite sure how to change it according to my system's configuration (I'm guessing the fact I use Vista changes some stuff, maybe?)

*edit*

Fixed. Wasnt any of the above - had to move around all of my files info..

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I am not sure why it worked - you can still place the files anywhere as long as it's in a single folder.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I mean move information within the ODBC. Actually, found one of your ODBC files somewhere in another thread and used those, then based on that, just changed it into what my computer's info is, and ta-da, worked.

Thanks! :p

Also, you're making a tutorial on how to make these public, right? Cause I want to invite my friends, and hamachi aint enough. I'll keep trying on my own as well. Thanks in advance again man!

*edit*
Managed to get my friends up to the server selection screen using an IP provided by Hamachi.. but then they have a connection time out. Any ideas what it could be?
Also on my CenterServer.exe I get something along the lines of
D:\Dev\KncGC\Common\Socket\IOThread.cpp, 68
KNUser::ON_ENU_VERIFY_ACCOUNT_ACK<>, 2009-05-18
NetError:GetLastErrMsg<>:

*more edits!*

port forwarded what i think are the ports the srver use, both for TCP and UDP to see if it helped, and it didnt. friends still have a connection time out. running out of ideas here ._.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Go to a DNS provider (search for it on Google). They'll provide you with the details. Commonly, they'll give you a program and a static IP

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any free DNS provider? Static IP right? And that specific IP, that's the one I have to setup instead of all of my other IP's, yes?
Thanks so much shining. You're a life saver :)

-sama
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah.
You can use DynDns.
On My Router, DynDns is used a DNS.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Aaaaaaaaaaaand now I'm getting a hack detected error DDD:

*edit*
Been messing around with my files, still can't get past the hack detected error. Tried replacing my gameguard files since that could be what was wrong, but no.
Tried changing configurations on my odbc's and .lua's, but they are all fine according to tutorials.

I honestly am short of words ._.

*edit*
Fixed it myself.

Tried a no-ip DNS hosting, but im not quite sure where to put this no-ip address in. Im trying several combinations, but none so far have worked. Can you tell me exactly where I have to put it? Also, I read somewhere that I have to have more than one server (one local one global?) or something like that..

*edit.. again!*

Kept on trying, can't make it go public yet. Not even through hamachi. And I dont want to go "public" in the sense of letting lots of persons in, I just want my friends in. Hamachi-wise would be enough but I just cant make it work!
- Also on your old thread I read someone saying that I needed WANIN and LanIN or SOMETHING like that to make it work. Something Seraphipod wrote. No idea what to do. Must I do something with that in order to get the server to work public? Or at least so it works in hamachi?? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Use your LanIP and your no-ip address (it's supposed to be <username>.no-ip.org). You also put your no-ip address in the main.exe

It's supposed to work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But where do I use what?
Ok, no-ip address in the main. LanIP, in.. Im guessing the databases?
*edit*
databases = odb.ConnectStatusDB, MSGRouterList, MsgServerList, odbc's in my server files, and the config_server.lua & config_server.lua~ ?
And by LanIP I'm guessing you mean the "ipconfig" (V4 IP) address. "192. blablabla"

O..kay.
Lets see.

I used my V4IP (what I THINK is my local IP, the one shown in cmd -> ipconfig) in all of my SQL Server databases. Meaning ConnectStatusDB (ServerIP) has my local, MSGRouter/ServerLists's have a column with "IP" labeled there; I added my Local IP there as well. Went to my odbc's in my server files, and they all look SORT OF like this

[ODBC]
DRIVER=SQL Server
DATABASE=gc
WSID=xmlab-coolcopy
APP=Microsoft Data Access Components
SERVER=Barz-PC\SQLEXPRESS
Description=Internal

in my config_server.lua and .lua~, both have the local IP (Init_NCashBillingInfo( 192.xxx.xxx.xxx', 9500, 5, 4, 'odbc_internal.dsn' )).

Tried using no-ip ONLY in the main, didnt work. Tried replacing the no-ip with the actual ip (global IP, 187.xxx.xxx.xxx) and it didnt work either.

any ideas on how to proceed? And thanks a lot for your help guys.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
LanIP = the IP your currently active connection is using
You put LanIP & no-ip address in the databases. You use the no-ip address for the main.exe.

Back