Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Links to client dead?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how to get a server for this game running, but the links to the client are all dead. Does anyone have a download link to the client? Thanks!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
is an installer for the server. Specifically, version 1.9.9.0.2. Right now I too am working on getting a server for Hello Kitty Online running. For some reason, the database server is connecting to the game server, but isn't recognizing that there's an hko database on it. The HKO server program hangs after this.Name : (Computer's Name) Ip : (Host's IP) Port : 3306Max allowed connect = 5000Search for Database..... Add Client form (Host's IP) on (time the server was ran)Stuff in parantheses is substituted with the relevant information, so your error message may not match up if you're stuck at the same step I am.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, the only client I have is version 1.9.9.0.2, the version from the very last update of the game. It's not compatible with the server files provided on this forum, so I too need an earlier version of the client.

If anyone has the Hello Kitty Online DVD, what version of the client does it install?

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the only client I have is version 1.9.9.0.2, the version from the very last update of the game. It's not compatible with the server files provided on this forum, so I too need an earlier version of the client.

If anyone has the Hello Kitty Online DVD, what version of the client does it install?
I see, I wonder if the Hello Kitty Online DVDs are still being sold?

EDIT: I don't know if retail still sells them, but I found some premium edition discs on eBay.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've seen them on Amazon too for less than 10$. I doubt they're being sold officially anymore - doesn't make any sense to sell a dead mmo disc, but they can definitely be obtained from third party sellers on amazon or ebay.

The MMO was free to play, but the game discs came with like 50$ in the games currency iirc. I don't know if the discs actually install the client or not

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@Lilyy SkaterGirl8 I went ahead bought those disks on amazon. They had a promotional one (not for resale) and the premium one. Bought them both. My guess is they will have versions 1.0 and 1.1 in them, respectively. I'll upload them when they arrive.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you, or anyone else, still have the database script? It seems like all links are dead and the script text appears to be cut off in the post. Its the last thing I need to gather to get my server up and going.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you, or anyone else, still have the database script? It seems like all links are dead and the script text appears to be cut off in the post. Its the last thing I need to gather to get my server up and going.
Hi! I wasn't expecting that anyone's still trying to get a server going. I don't think I have the files unfortunately, but there may be a way to convert hko.rar to sql files. I'm not too experienced with that sort of thing, but maybe someone else could help with that. I wish you luck!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found the sql file on reddit. Going to start working to get it up and running this weekend.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found the sql file on reddit. Going to start working to get it up and running this weekend.
That's awesome!! I can't wait to see if it'll be playable, that game was my childhood!

Back