Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

SDB Packer / Unpacker Source [needs some work]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Complete unpacker.
near Complete repacker.

Link :

The issues about this is .
i can make it unpack then i can take that folder and pack it the output sdb file is not identical to original because when i pack the files i use the sorting from windows which is alphabetical but otherwise it would produce a identical file as you can see if you unpack the test.sdb rename it then repack the folder that came out to have 2 test.sdbs if you compare those they are identical since both would extract and both packed using same sort from windows.
but when i try to load the game without changing anything except the file packing order from repacking it the client will not start. so i dont know if that means the file order is important or not but i included the source for others to test out i was just using this as a test platform for now .

when you compile it you can use it by drag and dropping the file onto the output exe

only thing i can think to fix it cause i have done comparisons to all the data and it seems that only thing that matters now to make the file 100% like original is to make a index file that stores the original file order.

ok finished it. packs and unpacks a sdb file
just take the first project and update it with this should work.

View attachment SDBPacker.7z

View attachment SDBPackerPrebuilt.7z

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
View attachment SDBPackerFinalWorking.7z

this is working version but read below.

this is the final version which should be working more than perfectly but it doesn't lol
i even made a index in there to keep original file order however it is possible to edit the files and it will load still i tested by editing lobby_info.txt and only changing some bytes not the length of anything and then tried loading and it doesn't crash but its not using the ip i set either so possible there is another factor affecting that i can always hook the ip if its just the lobbyinfo that needs some handshake to verify and allow editing cause it looks like it just says nope the most success i had was when i put a ip outside of the range of a ip ie : 269.169.69.69 it returned a error out of scope /range or whatever so that means it was looking at the ip id have to debug more to see whats wrong.

OK LOBBY INFO IS WORKING I CHANGED NOTHING just gotta edit the lobby_info.txt right. making a bt for it helped.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back