Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[ASK] Run Luna Server on Windows 7 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, I want to ask how to run Luna Server on win7.
I have the old luna server files and client (season 1 not plus), but the serverfiles such as AgentServer.exe, DistributeServer.exe, MapServer.exe don't work... when i open it, it suddenly stooped working (not responding). all the setting is alright (sql password, etc)

I Think the problem is compatibility, because last time I use XP before I have win7 these files work.

I'm not sure too with the MS SQL 2000 running on win7 where I put the database, because the software is too old for win7. I use some trick to install the SQL Server 2000.

Is there anyone who run a luna server on win7, or can make the version for win7?
Hhmmm.. I haven't try with plus server files (coz hard to find, all we can see in this forum just a deadlink) I'm not sure will work on win7.

I have just Win7 and Ubuntu, I'm not sure the files will work on Ubuntu (even use wine)... My winXP already gone....

I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
You sure can! Well... at least for Luna online plus, in your servers directory you should have a DLL folder. If you look in the tutorial section, there's a post called [Guide] Fix 'Fail initialize console' error (for 64 bit PC), if this doesn't work I sorry that i mislead you. And don't forget to look at the log folder, it has some useful things :)

Reaction score
You sure can! Well... at least for Luna online plus, in your servers directory you should have a DLL folder. If you look in the tutorial section, there's a post called [Guide] Fix 'Fail initialize console' error (for 64 bit PC), if this doesn't work I sorry that i mislead you. And don't forget to look at the log folder, it has some useful things :)

Very sorry, the reason its doing that is because the databases are not set up correctly in the ODBC, you probably typed in ODBC like I did, set it up correctly. Sadly this is using the ODBC founded in the system32 folder (most likely you have a 64 bit system), to fix this got to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ and just keep hitting O until you get odbcad32.exe, i'd suggest pinning it to your start menu.

An explanation of the difference, from my point of view ;) anyone who wants to rage at my bad knowledge should pm me lol, but anyways, practiaclly system32 holds the good 64bit side of stuff, and the SysWOW64 holds the 32bit stuff. Not great and not easy to understand, but you get the idea.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Very sorry, the reason its doing that is because the databases are not set up correctly in the ODBC, you probably typed in ODBC like I did, set it up correctly. Sadly this is using the ODBC founded in the system32 folder (most likely you have a 64 bit system), to fix this got to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ and just keep hitting O until you get odbcad32.exe, i'd suggest pinning it to your start menu.

An explanation of the difference, from my point of view ;) anyone who wants to rage at my bad knowledge should pm me lol, but anyways, practiaclly system32 holds the good 64bit side of stuff, and the SysWOW64 holds the 32bit stuff. Not great and not easy to understand, but you get the idea.

Yes, I'm using 64 bit windows. Hmmm I don't see any notif such as "fail initialize console"... let's see i will try it. report soon, if not work i'll try newer version of sql server... BTW do you have link to lunaplus server + client files?

edit : not work :( I think, I will try another SQL Server, I think the server files can't detect database in SQL

Last edited:
Reaction score
might have to try that, i use 2005 with i believe to be the most recent DB's, but anyways, atm i'm creating my own serve-side and client which is very pain staking, but i managed to snag a Korean client that's pretty close to the client's ver :p I'll be making some videos with tutorials on how to set it all up, along with providing the files such as client and links to tools like SQL and so on, while making them work to fix it all up ;)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
might have to try that, i use 2005 with i believe to be the most recent DB's, but anyways, atm i'm creating my own serve-side and client which is very pain staking, but i managed to snag a Korean client that's pretty close to the client's ver :p I'll be making some videos with tutorials on how to set it all up, along with providing the files such as client and links to tools like SQL and so on, while making them work to fix it all up ;)
Finally I have installed sql server 2008, another problem comes... when I make a new query to new database it takes veeryyy long time (and maybe never complete) to execute/debug query (luna_logdb.sql). I will look foward to your tutorials and client+server (I hope plus) :D

The other computer I have (the old one, win XP installed) success to run a private offline server. But this computer is very old (1GB DDR1 RAM, 256 MB VGA, IDE, Intel Pentium) you can imagine how to run the server with these computer

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finally I have installed sql server 2008, another problem comes... when I make a new query to new database it takes veeryyy long time (and maybe never complete) to execute/debug query (luna_logdb.sql). I will look foward to your tutorials and client+server (I hope plus) :D

The other computer I have (the old one, win XP installed) success to run a private offline server. But this computer is very old (1GB DDR1 RAM, 256 MB VGA, IDE, Intel Pentium) you can imagine how to run the server with these computer

I'd rather not bother with SQL 2008, its more of a hassle to use, as for the tutorials im glad you want to see them. I've almost finished my plus server and clients, just a pain to get it all together :p

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'd rather not bother with SQL 2008, its more of a hassle to use, as for the tutorials im glad you want to see them. I've almost finished my plus server and clients, just a pain to get it all together :p

I use SQL 2008 because of the compatibility to win 7. Yes, hard to compile the client you have with the server, find the client and server links is hard too -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back