Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Demise of Silver Gamings Luna Online

I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
Interesting. Not much has been done to the source I assume.
I was going to make sources compile in vs2012 but I doubt people here will benefit from it.

I suppose only those who can't think about a link to a 2003 version, sadly most people don't think about using a new thing called google search.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I feel you Boy I was the one who caught the cheater and reported it to Corpsey and explained how cheaters do the cheating he Blew up and Banned me XD and he was so horny when he knows im not a girl he IP ban me haha
I remembered I posted a message in their chatbox about the link of a compiled GMTool client by one of the members here in ragezone, which was used for enchant hacking. I intended to do that so they'll act fast and come up with the fix. Corpse was so furious about it that he always ban my IP whenever I try to create another forum account. But before those consecutive bans, I PMed corpse a message about my snippet on how to fix the enchant and reinforce exploit. I dunno if they ever used it, then they just banned my second forum account and even deleted my welcome post. I felt very unwelcomed, and very sorry about the future of their server. They lacked development, after their developer len retired (not sure if i'm correct about len's retirement). Len has contributed a lot with the fixes and enhancements on their server. And a lot of players have left because of the new owner. Silver gaming was sparkling with their best when they've just started. Their devs were the the first ones to spark the interest of us with the devlopment of luna (Riot and jm2.me), and we gain a lot from them. Those two are just some notable people we need to thank and respect for their work and contribution to luna. They're still one of the best private server that I've known but I've never played (except Athens). This was their second loss, to date.

Reaction score
I knew this thread existed for a long time, but I never replied because of corpse's relentless pursuit to discredit me without telling the full truth. I am finally going to tell my side of the story.

Corpse was one of my biggest mistakes with Silver, at least that is how I see it, but by the time I realized it, it was to late, he was already in a position in which I had no way to remove him, I was the owner towards the end, but unfortunately only really in name, the server wasn't in my name, Corpse had a huge problem with his attitude, then towards the end, his flat out lies towards the community, he was the biggest reason I was getting so tired out. It was like I was expected to be at his beckon call every second of every day. I had a job, and was in a horrible financial situation where I was struggling to keep up with bills, and I was putting in a lot of overtime at work at the time, so I wasn't around as much because I would get up, go to work, and get home and go to bed.

The biggest problems where due to some unforeseen bugs I was working to figure out in my free time, maps were having issues and crashing, I gave corpse 2 ways to deal with these issues, first he had direct access to the server, but he was afraid of messing anything up, so I created a tool that was so easy to restart maps and the server with a quick click of a button without ever logging directly into the server. BUT he lied to the community about this and claimed I was the only one with access, there is 2 problems with this lie, first, the server was NOT in my name, therefore I had NO control to lock out corpse or the the other admin, I forget her name, whose name it was in, However every time a map would have an issue, he would still text me over and over again, like I could just log into the server from work and fix the issue, especially since my job was a customer based position, I couldn't just go "sorry sir I can't help you right now because I have to fix an issue on my Luna Online server" That would be a good way to get me fired. so I would mute my phone after telling him "I gave you tools to restart the maps or server, use them since I can't do anything while I am at work" It got to the point that I was getting so overwhelmed with work and corpse's constant complaining that I just had to step away for periods, with the expectation he would use the tools that I provided him, (Note: I wasn't aware of the voting system's issues until I told him I was done), but unfortunately he never used the tools I provided him and the server or maps would be down for a while before I would check in. and as soon as I would check in, I would get immediate complaining about how I was a horrible owner and I need to restart the server and/or map when he lets me know and such, all the while spreading the lies that I was the only one with the capabilities to restart the server and/or maps.

It just became too much, so enough was enough, I was done, I had too many problems with my own personal situation to deal with corpse's crap, his disrespect and his lack of honesty towards the community and refusal to do something that I made so simple, and that was restarting the map or server when one or the other was having issues.

I told them that they could run it without me, everything was setup to run without my constant involvement, and had they kept it running I may of came back in a month or 2 after I got my situation figured out. But they refused to run it without me, so, it was shut down.

Last edited:
Back