Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Developers API

I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
I've seen a major increase in my productivity with this game and developing its source code. I'll be honest and say its like a pile of garbage, searching for the recyclables people didn't separate from it.

I've found it challenging to work with and create new things with this game. There is a lot of things that need to be defined. My suggestion would be making a more user-friendly API to develop them in. I can't promise much but I do want to give it a try.

What I need:
- Your opinion about it
- What you want in the API (i.e a way to define a new system, window, etc)

Updates:

I'll be updating this thread constantly, listing off different revision of the code. I would like to keep everyone updated every two to three weeks.

Taken Suggestions:
Formatting
Suggestion:
Purpose:
Example:
Change log:
4/6/14 - Project Start

Reaction score
Titan Online and Legend of Edda have same structure, you can import systems from this games to Luna
Thats not exactly what I'm talking about. I'm talking specifically about code that can be used to easily define certain parameters without having to modify the original source code. I basically intend to make it a bit easier on developers when making modification for different ideas and so on. Sure you can import the systems from the other games, but that requires the knowledge of how they all work and where to find the code for each piece of it.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
thinking about action rpg on luna
move using WASD and lock camera like Dragon Nest

im not sure about that, also changing All bin maybe cause luna use auto lock target when use skill.. Dragon Nest is'nt lock
hahaha :lol:

Reaction score

im not sure about that, also changing All bin maybe cause luna use auto lock target when use skill.. Dragon Nest is'nt lock

I'll take a look into making a function towards making easier key binds but WASD is a bit more complicated, because you have to tell the "model" how to move in its position and etc. For the DN lock cam I'll have to do some research on, haven't played DN in months. DN is more over real time damage then click and slash like most mmos. Maybe in due time I would love to make something to modify the original gameplay, but for now I would like to stick to stuff that the original game uses, and just make easier functions for them to be pulled in and used.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Luna Source still missing Marriage system, i've Source with Marriage system but still bored for compilling.
Manage game will fastest if there have powerful tool still im looking
like :
- Understandable Map Editor/Creator
- Packing Tool(Bin) with New GUI like Excel Spreadsheet with find & replace
and Other haha :lol:

Reaction score
Luna Source still missing Marriage system, i've Source with Marriage system but still bored for compilling.
Manage game will fastest if there have powerful tool still im looking
like :
- Understandable Map Editor/Creator
- Packing Tool(Bin) with New GUI like Excel Spreadsheet with find & replace
and Other haha :lol:

Still those aren't exactly things that I'm interested in creating, although the excel sheet for the pack tool can be done pretty easily. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Arch Luna Online Plus can move wasd but i cannot pack thier Bins T+T

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Arch Luna Online Plus can move wasd but i cannot pack thier Bins T+T

Well of course you can't touch the bin files, it keeps people that like to leech away from the hard work they put in to their server.

First & foremost, WASD movement has to be added in to the source. If you don't have any knowledge of C++ or C#, you will struggle with even getting started with this project.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yep, i dont think serverside has anything to do with it...

Correct, atleast for Eyasofts original version, WASD is entirely client side. Nothing bin related though, just a couple functions added to macromanager.cpp and hero.cpp, tied into the existing movement system protocols. Eya's entire original WASD implementation is <500 lines of added code

Back