Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is anyone insterested in creating models importer/exporter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there,

I belive that Luna source (even when is a bunch of crappy code), it can be used to customize Luna game, or created other games based on it.

Most files are easy to understand and mod, and having client/server/tools source codes, you can do mostly everything.

Something that is missing, is the capability to create new models/animations, which is the sense of this thread.

The code to READ the files (.MOD and .ANM) are inside the source code. It explains how the file is structured, what is in the header, and how to read the file. Its matter of time, c++ knowledge and 3dxmax knowledge to create an importer/exporter to be able to create new models in 3dsmax, and use them in the game.

I'm honestly have not the time to get into it, but I would be willing to help the one that wants to get into that quest.

I've seen a 3d converter that can export .MOD files to .3ds files (3dsmax files), and works fine. The thing is.. we can't import back into the game.

This is a tool that can export from Luna Online models to 3ds models.

In order to do that, you need to buy the license, or crack the program.

Anyone insterested?

Best,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I already have a licensed version of this program. You can open and view the models, but you can't export them to 3ds. This is because Eya uses a proprietary 3d .mod format.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have exported to .3ds using that program (licensed version).

An example:

And, using source code we could create a converter, the thing is, having the needed modeling knowledge, and time to code.

I do know that Eya uses a proprietary 3d format, but I belive that, having the "ModelViewer" source code, files structure is right there in the code (I've seen it). I belive they use 3ds or Maya to do the modeling, and then exporting to their tool (as most companies do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back