Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PVP Map

Reaction score
well i'm trying to create a free pvp map, where players can kill whoever the want in this map without any penalty
i managed to remove the PK penalty, now the question is how can I enable the "killing" part ._.

something like auto-turn on PK mode when you enter a specific map

I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
well i'm trying to create a free pvp map, where players can kill whoever the want in this map without any penalty
i managed to remove the PK penalty, now the question is how can I enable the "killing" part ._.

something like auto-turn on PK mode when you enter a specific map
never got it working, but its a theory to try.

Ever look at the MapServerDesc.txt? Well it has an Allow PK option so you can say which maps can be PKable maps. My thought would be to make a boolean value in the source code that triggers the PK mode for the character, and have an assign value placed in MapServerDesc.txt.

Hope it gives you an idea on where to start stuff.

Reaction score
i'm not quite sure about that ._.
i tried to enable PK
- right before it sends the "PK is available at this location" message
nothing

- right after I push the "PERMIT PK" on GMTOOL
nothing changed much except that PK mode has been enabled but i can't kill anyone --a

Reaction score
i'm not quite sure about that ._.
i tried to enable PK
- right before it sends the "PK is available at this location" message
nothing

- right after I push the "PERMIT PK" on GMTOOL
nothing changed much except that PK mode has been enabled but i can't kill anyone --a

Yeah I've tried the PK part of the GMTOOL, all I can really say about that one is for the right actions to be pushed to the mapserver, your GMs account has to be a certain account. Try userlevel 1, then 2, then 3, then 4. If none of those work, then I guess Im too full of myself. :D

Another thing that I should have mentioned is that on upon entering the map, you have to somehow trigger the PK mode protocol. Because I don't know protocols and how to trigger them very well, I'm not too sure what to say about it. Yet another piece of advice would be to check out Guild Wars and Castle Siege coding, they'll need a bit of changing but they contain the bare bones to your PK Map.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
so something like my starry heaven..uhm..
1. Add an identifier to the map, stating whether it is a town map or pvp or other type
2. add one line that checks whether or not you entered a pvp map
3. trigger enable pk if entering a pvp map..

ofcourse there are more to it than that, but that's the general idea.

Reaction score
i dont know much about your starry heaven
anyway as i stated before, now i'm stuck at this step 3

3. trigger enable pk if entering a pvp map.
already tried to change the gamein.cpp to enable PK right before it sends the "PK is available at this location" message with no luck
help? .________.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
for auto start pk in pvp map, find UserConn_MapDesc (GameIn.cpp) and add this line:
if( MAP->GetMapNum() == 5) //5 is PVP map @ my server
{
PKMGR->SendMsgPKOn();
}
in pkmanager.cpp func HEROPKModeOff, add line:
if( !HERO->IsPKMode() || MAP->GetMapNum() == 5 ) return FALSE;
(this disable turn off pk in PVP map)

don't forget disable pk func start on pkmanager if mapnum == pkmap. for disable all penalty try find at PKmanager in map server.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You never seem to let down the luna online community. Good to see you back.

Don't forget to add
Code:
#include "mhMap.h"
to pkmanager.cpp

So if I'm understanding you right, then we would need something like this in the mapservers pkmanager.cpp:
Code:
void CPKManager::DiePanelty( CPlayer* pDiePlayer, CObject* pAttacker )
{
}

and

void CPKManager::PKPlayerKillPanelty( CPlayer* pDiePlayer, CPlayer* pAttacker )
{
}
we should add something like this to those functions?
Code:
if( MAP->GetMapNum() == PKMAP# ) 
{
      NoPKModeDiePanelty( pDiePlayer );
}

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
aye sir, that is the key ^^

hope this helpful.
just pm if need other discuss problem. bored with luna project, i think i will work for other project atm.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
for auto start pk in pvp map, find UserConn_MapDesc (GameIn.cpp) and add this line:

in pkmanager.cpp func HEROPKModeOff, add line:

(this disable turn off pk in PVP map)

don't forget disable pk func start on pkmanager if mapnum == pkmap. for disable all penalty try find at PKmanager in map server.
thanks sir, try it now :thumbup1:

----- tested Work Perfectly both of pvp map and PK mode -----

pinux, your mailbox is full

Last edited:
Reaction score
aye sir, that is the key ^^

hope this helpful.
just pm if need other discuss problem. bored with luna project, i think i will work for other project atm.

Well it certainly gives enough information to help other developers who have struggled in the past looking for the right functions. Without your post, I'm not sure I would have understood why we were using the msg for PK, mainly because I have little to no understanding of the networking side of this MMO.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks sir, try it now :thumbup1:

----- tested Work Perfectly both of pvp map and PK mode -----

pinux, your mailbox is full

nice sir, mailbox clean

Well it certainly gives enough information to help other developers who have struggled in the past looking for the right functions. Without your post, I'm not sure I would have understood why we were using the msg for PK, mainly because I have little to no understanding of the networking side of this MMO.

good luck all ^^
------------------------------------------------------------

another key, check file Char_PK.beff on folder direct maybe you need edit it or try remove pk effect on source

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice sir, mailbox clean

good luck all ^^
------------------------------------------------------------

another key, check file Char_PK.beff on folder direct maybe you need edit it or try remove pk effect on source

pinux, your mailbox full again
Luna_01_140306_031239_001 - PVP Map - RaGEZONE Forums
after calling challenge zone dialog what next? please help building protocol schema and structuring data record pvp score, thanks
can you join my project?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
pinux, your mailbox full again
View attachment 144186
after calling challenge zone dialog what next? please help building protocol schema and structuring data record pvp score, thanks
can you join my project?
you seemed passable experience in c++, might be fun to work with you, but my decision was made to leave luna project for this time. i have message my messenger you can contact me for another help.
this maybe very helpful for all who are still working at this project, try to always keep in mind the following sequence:

request from client (client) -> data processing (server) -> data verification (server for pass cheating data) -> Storage (database) -> response to client

that basic schema of this project and very important key, so if you want to add functionality or change something don't forget for look at data order first,

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've once heard there was a bug when in PK mode, and players can't attack the opponent. I wasn't able to know how it was done/replicate it on my end so I've made my own PVP mode where PK mode is not even ON but players can be able to attack anyone inside the map. It's easy to make your own protocol to record the pvp score. I think you can even use the pk looting code to trigger your protocol for recording the score, or shouldn't you use PK penalty instead, as pvp score for your scenario? o_o

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you seemed passable experience in c++, might be fun to work with you, but my decision was made to leave luna project for this time. i have message my messenger you can contact me for another help.
this maybe very helpful for all who are still working at this project, try to always keep in mind the following sequence:

that basic schema of this project and very important key, so if you want to add functionality or change something don't forget for look at data order first,

--------------------------------------- solved
thanks

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i got some errors
MAP undeclared identifier
left of' -> getmapnum must point to class/struct/union
o.o

Back