Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Full Release Luna 2 (Luna Plus) Server + Client Source Code.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The Luna Map editor is the thing I'm having the most issues with at the moment, linking issues with lib's of course, before I start trouble shooting does anybody know what lib's I need to add to have it compile I would guess It's like rendering geometry one of those math functions that there's a folder for and I'll trouble shoot tomorrow but hoping someone can tell me before I get there to save time, thanks in advance.

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The Luna Map editor is the thing I'm having the most issues with at the moment, linking issues with lib's of course, before I start trouble shooting does anybody know what lib's I need to add to have it compile I would guess It's like rendering geometry one of those math functions that there's a folder for and I'll trouble shoot tomorrow but hoping someone can tell me before I get there to save time, thanks in advance.

I had no problem compiling libraries and linking everything together.
If you want to use map editor, you will have to write own tool to convert from compiled map to edit-able map.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was able to get it all compiled and working today haven't got the 3dsmax 8 plugins compiled still waiting on getting the 3dsmax 8sdk, thanks for the info on the maps, my goal is to use the full package and tool source here for a project of my own so I shouldnt need that thankfully. So far from what Ive seen everything is in this package or others in this section , is there anything missing any tools for defining monsters characters animations etc to a value?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please help me...
The compilation was successful
But, there are some bugs.

Release GMTool Client
- housing is don't work

Release Client
- Minimap is don't work
- Can not moved

thank you

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How to solve

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '\server\LunaPluse\7830dd80e4db108c\7830dd80e4db108c\lib\Release\Executive.lib'

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Please help me...
The compilation was successful
But, there are some bugs.

Release GMTool Client
- housing is don't work

Release Client
- Minimap is don't work
- Can not moved

thank you

Did you compile it with vs2003? Under windows 7 or windows xp?
I have tried compiling under windows 7, windows server 2003 and windows xp vmware. Always had problems with something. Compiling under windows xp is smooth as butter.

Also use resources from luna plus philipines. And consider changing .bin to something else right away or you will be having poblems with header error after editing bin files. Easiest way is to edit MHFile.cpp in client, for server you edit MHFile from servermodules folder.

Also most of problems can be caused by bad resource files/missing files, etc.

And no one knows if housing is even enabled.

How to solve

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '\server\LunaPluse\7830dd80e4db108c\7830dd80e4db108c\lib\Release\Executive.lib'

You will not be able to compile sources without edits.
In your case you have to compile Executive.lib before compiling whatever you are trying to.
Even after that you have to edit files to use ssd3gfunc from release and not debug_for_sse.
Search "SS3DFunc" and fix path to release one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What database release are you guys using for the server, also how does it have to be setup I can't find where to specify the DB server or ip localhost for the db but it's not the default (local) db and Id be willing to bet that would be a problem.

Really getting the server running is the last issue I need to solve and I've basically got everything I need to begin development of things for the game.

Figuring out defenitions of item's and monsters npc's etc should be relatively simple.

So to reiderate I could use link to the LUNA plus database your using and an explanation on what needs set for the ip and server to connect for it. I've got the Database Name ID and Pass specified correctly in the source already.

Thanks - Trev

EDIT - Removed all previous things that have been dealt with today already.

Edit Again - Got the server to start without crashing database had to be setup properly that was it.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f546/setting-luna-server-client-599052/

Step by step on setting up the odb source for it to connect to.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
source work for client version ?

and how to make work it ?

thankyou .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The source works on it's own if you run into a specific problem let it be known here someone may help you but by the sounds of it your a fan of luna and may not even have a compiler installed

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What client version for work from source ?

i can build exe work. but not find full client ..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For the client mine is booting up in a web launcher mode I believe it goes straight to the channels I click on one and get a korean error, how do I make it a normal login mode so I can enter a user and password?

Last edited:
(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
All you do is remove _WEB_LAUNCHER_ from predefined variables in project properties.
Once again if you can't compile or figure it out, please just stop and go read some books or tutorials.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Figured it out I haven't played luna before wasn't aware of the weird setup they use didn't have the correct login server ip set and that was the channel or server selection and THEN you log in with your details, kind of interesting also it's in korean the client so that's annoying

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Figured it out I haven't played luna before wasn't aware of the weird setup they use didn't have the correct login server ip set and that was the channel or server selection and THEN you log in with your details, kind of interesting also it's in korean the client so that's annoying

Use client from philipines luna+. It's the most compatible as far as I know.
But there will be an issue getting into game cause of some bin dialog files. YOu can track them down when debugging.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I seem to be having a problem with my Luna Plus server. We've had the files for quite some time and have almost if not all in game functions working, but a massive bug that we have is that when you use a skill the server crashes. I know there's probably no one who can fix that but if there is please let me know here or pm me for my msn. Thanks in advanced

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I seem to be having a problem with my Luna Plus server. We've had the files for quite some time and have almost if not all in game functions working, but a massive bug that we have is that when you use a skill the server crashes. I know there's probably no one who can fix that but if there is please let me know here or pm me for my msn. Thanks in advanced

This bug is caused by one of following:
  • Skil dialog script is broken
  • There is brocken skill(s) in resources
  • Skill is missing efx

Also you can always debug the crash in visual studio. Much easier to fix problems this way.

Back