Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tool] Model Viewer

Should posts with instructions be deleted to avoid clutter? (credit given to poster)

• Total voters
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Discredit? What? I'm just saying the old one should work fine as long as you properly register the .dll but it's not translated to english.

I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
Discredit? What? I'm just saying the old one should work fine as long as you properly register the .dll but it's not translated to english.

Sorry for misinterpreting you. The reason for the start.cmd was for machines that don't properly save these dlls. I don't know how well windows 8 registers dlls, but I've always experienced problems where my dlls registrations were missing; I would have to constantly re-register it.

I still would like to see what your antivirus program reported out to you, it would be nice to know if its a false-positive.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
About my antivirus... it only said its a suspicious file so seems like a false report. I had it once detect my launcher as a suspicious file once while i was still writing the program and changing a value from 2 to 3 made it detect as suspicious thing, while changing 3 to 2 was already ok...I made my Luna Plus Launcher with autopatcher and selfpatcher in C# btw. Anyways about the missing DLLs and re-registering I have noticed that the windows will add your DLL path to the registry and thats all, so if you move the .DLL somewhere else then the registry won't find it anymore and will need to re-register. Best way is to copy your DLL into System32 or SysWOW64 and register them there while leaving them there as well.

I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
About my antivirus... it only said its a suspicious file so seems like a false report. I had it once detect my launcher as a suspicious file once while i was still writing the program and changing a value from 2 to 3 made it detect as suspicious thing, while changing 3 to 2 was already ok...I made my Luna Plus Launcher with autopatcher and selfpatcher in C# btw. Anyways about the missing DLLs and re-registering I have noticed that the windows will add your DLL path to the registry and thats all, so if you move the .DLL somewhere else then the registry won't find it anymore and will need to re-register. Best way is to copy your DLL into System32 or SysWOW64 and register them there while leaving them there as well.

I see, well at least that bits cleared up! But I've had the same issue with registering it to my windows directory, one day its gone. xP Can't imagine that I have anything cleaning our my directory every few days.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Use this tool folder I found. -EDIT REPOSTED LOWER IN COMMENTS- has the model view tool and some other things from RageZone.You just need to run the Register DLL.bat and it should say 5 different DLL in that folder are registered successfully. Then go into whatever Luna Online game folder you have and find the the Data folder and in that is another folder called 3DData. Use the PakExtract.exe to unpack the pak files from the 3DData folder and if they're empty or called anything other than .pak they're encrypted and you can't get anything from those paks without having the exact pak extract tool for that server. But if it opens and loads in files then open up the ModelView.exe and drag and drop in any models and you can view them. You can also view animations by dragging them in 1 by 1 or dropping in a CHX file. But sometimes if you put in a .CHX to view and then view a .MOD after it'll crash the viewer, it's normal and you can just reopen a new viewer. Left and right mouse with drag will move things around, click on camera to revert back to default view if something disappears off screen, Ctrl + N will clear it to view a new model by itself, there's a drop down to view animations 1 by 1 and lastly to view multiple items at once tick the "All Mod" box.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If you read my whole post the mega link is to a zip folder I made with a working
pokchop1 - [Tool] Model Viewer - RaGEZONE Forums
model viewer tool inside, plus some other useful tools. The model view tool is same as the one previously posted. :D: Image in this link shows inside the zip folder contents. >
pokchop1 - [Tool] Model Viewer - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Use this tool folder I found. has the model view tool and some other things from RageZone.You just need to run the Register DLL.bat and it should say 5 different DLL in that folder are registered successfully. Then go into whatever Luna Online game folder you have and find the the Data folder and in that is another folder called 3DData. Use the PakExtract.exe to unpack the pak files from the 3DData folder and if they're empty or called anything other than .pak they're encrypted and you can't get anything from those paks without having the exact pak extract tool for that server. But if it opens and loads in files then open up the ModelView.exe and drag and drop in any models and you can view them. You can also view animations by dragging them in 1 by 1 or dropping in a CHX file. But sometimes if you put in a .CHX to view and then view a .MOD after it'll crash the viewer, it's normal and you can just reopen a new viewer. Left and right mouse with drag will move things around, click on camera to revert back to default view if something disappears off screen, Ctrl + N will clear it to view a new model by itself, there's a drop down to view animations 1 by 1 and lastly to view multiple items at once tick the "All Mod" box.

Can send me the pasword plz, tnx.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
OH. I'm sorry I didn't realize it gave it a password. ;w; It automatically encrypted it on Mega apparently. Re-uploaded with Google Drive so it's not encrypted. Edited my last comment and re-posting here:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
OH. I'm sorry I didn't realize it gave it a password. ;w; It automatically encrypted it on Mega apparently. Re-uploaded with Google Drive so it's not encrypted. Edited my last comment and re-posting here:

Tnx, i can download now.

Back