Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tool] Model Viewer

Should posts with instructions be deleted to avoid clutter? (credit given to poster)

• Total voters
I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
Here I present to you the last thirty-six hours of my time.

The Technical Stuff Your Probably Going To Skip:
The Model Viewer as you all should know is a tool for viewing models, their animations, and sound files. During the time put into this, I had struggled to find the cause of the infamous "Super Shovel 3D initialize falied." error, but after debugging with a friend, we were able to find the cause of it. Basically, the problem is Executive.dll points to functions in Renderer.dll and Geometry.dll to render out stuff, but didn't load into the registry correctly. While this fix probably isn't professional, it works and gets the job done.

This tool supports:
- A English Interface
- Testing Custom Models (If you can figure out how to make them.)
- Finding Specific Models
-Removed- All-In-One Tool (Run it straight from your desktop, no need for dlls anymore.)

This tool is provided as is:
- Not Releasing Source (The Problem is presented, its enough to fix with some effort.)
- No Manual (Sadly, maybe soon.)

Unknown But Provided:
- ModelView.ini (Possibly Importing and Defines, blank and not needed by app.)

Basic Instructions:
1. Extract anywhere.
2. Run Start.cmd.

Help Me, Help You:
There are many things I still do not know about this tool. If you find any bugs, bad/misleading translations, or get any errors, then please feel free to leave a post. A note, any post requesting for instructions, sources, etc will be deleted. For those who figure stuff out, please leave a note in a post for what something does, it will later be put in a manual for others.

Change Log
Ver1.00
Failed release, bad packing.

Ver1.10
Fixed Execution.
Removed All-In-One app feature, caused the application to fail on release. (May be reimplemented)
Four file app, still no need for dlls except for Executive.dll, starts with start.cmd.
New Icon.

Enjoy surfing your clients models, see if you can find ones before their release on public servers! Play around with it, and please feel free to break it. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm getting the "Super Shovel 3D initialize falied" message whenever I attempt to open it, is there any solution to this? (I am running the start.cmd, and have tried running it, and the regdll.exe as admin).
I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm getting the "Super Shovel 3D initialize falied" message whenever I attempt to open it, is there any solution to this? (I am running the start.cmd, and have tried running it, and the regdll.exe as admin).
I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit.
Thanks.

This was tested on a windows 7 machine, 64 bit too. You could try running it in compatibility mode for Windows 7 SP1. Try it on a Windows 7 machine, or better yet, an XP machine.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
strangely enough, atleast for me, the standard model viewer compiled straight from source NEVER has the super shovel error, while your fixed version does it constantly o-o backwardness o-O fixed doesnt work, unfixed does :D

Reaction score
strangely enough, atleast for me, the standard model viewer compiled straight from source NEVER has the super shovel error, while your fixed version does it constantly o-o backwardness o-O fixed doesnt work, unfixed does :D

What OS and bit? I found that it works just fine in a 32bit XP OS just as you said.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
default one works fine win 7 64bit sp1, no compatibilty modes applied. yours doesnt, havent tried it on anything else since the default one works perfectly. pherhaps this isnt about OS or bit, but rather something graphics driver wise? i can remember tools for another game years ago that wouldnt work on intel integrated graphics, however nvidia / ati worked perfectly, pherhaps its something similar

Reaction score
default one works fine win 7 64bit sp1, no compatibilty modes applied. yours doesnt, havent tried it on anything else since the default one works perfectly. pherhaps this isnt about OS or bit, but rather something graphics driver wise? i can remember tools for another game years ago that wouldnt work on intel integrated graphics, however nvidia / ati worked perfectly, pherhaps its something similar

Thats strange, from what I found the error is getting triggered because it won't register the executive.dll to the computers registry. Nothing to do with graphics, but I think its like this because they were built around for certain machines.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I'm using win 7 pro 64bit sp1 with a Nvidia GeForce GT 330M and I get "Super Shovel 3D initialize failed" regardless of what location I start it from. My original one compiled works fine without issues, but the English menus are what I was looking for.

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I'm using win 7 pro 64bit sp1 with a Nvidia GeForce GT 330M and I get "Super Shovel 3D initialize failed" regardless of what location I start it from. My original one compiled works fine without issues, but the English menus are what I was looking for.

If you find a menu's name is misleading, feel free to share so I can update it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can't get your release to open at all. I'm presented with the "Super Shovel 3D initialize failed" error. Is there anything I'm needing that isn't provided in your release? Nothing seems to be missing for the korean/thai one I have, not sure what language it is, and it opens just fine.

Reaction score
I can't get your release to open at all. I'm presented with the "Super Shovel 3D initialize failed" error. Is there anything I'm needing that isn't provided in your release? Nothing seems to be missing for the korean/thai one I have, not sure what language it is, and it opens just fine.

You are using the cmd right?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I attached a screen of me executing the cmd. It then throws the error screen after it is told to start the exe.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Might be that the application wasn't able to fully access the dll or the dll wasnt registered properly, becauase of the UAC thing, or that it needs to be ran as an admin or some location that has admin privilege. What if you make a new folder in the Program Files and put the extracted files in it and, just to make sure we have admin privilege, run the start.bat as admin. If 64-bit system, put it in the 32-bit program files (Program Files (x86)). Then run the ModelViewer as admin as well.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried those as well even though UAC is turned off on my system. I just used regsvr32 to register it and it worked after that. I'm not sure why your .cmd wasn't working for me.

Reaction score
I tried those as well even though UAC is turned off on my system. I just used regsvr32 to register it and it worked after that. I'm not sure why your .cmd wasn't working for me.

Maybe I'll use a shell execute later on for regsvr32, but as of now I've completely lost everything. I'll have to redo stuff later.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well so far, the model viewer works great, I'll let you know if I find anything wrong.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. Start -> CMD(Run as admin)...
2. cd to wherever you put your Executive.dll and SS3DGFunc.dll
3. type the command: regdll Executive.dll /r
4. Done all working, no errors (using the one from compiled source, cuz the one from here my antivirus detects as something suspicious)

Win 8.1 x64

Reaction score
1. Start -> CMD(Run as admin)...
2. cd to wherever you put your Executive.dll and SS3DGFunc.dll
3. type the command: regdll Executive.dll /r
4. Done all working, no errors (using the one from compiled source, cuz the one from here my antivirus detects as something suspicious)

Win 8.1 x64
Steps 1-3 are exactly what are written within the start.cmd. Believe your antivirus program if you wish, but please don't bother trying to discredit someones work unless you can provide some reports and research to back it.

Back