Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

custom weapon (1h sword)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
_____3D custom model____
A ---compiling plugins---
1. open lunaplus source code. anmexp, maxexp and Mtlexp are plugin for 3DSmax. YOU SHOULD HAVE INSTALED 3DSmax SDK. versi 8 is recomended.
tHQTT25 - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

D9VY8kG - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

2. open maxexp folder. open maxexp.sln with vs2003
6uSxT7e - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

3. right click and select property. sorry my vs2003 is spanish but I am sure have same feature with other.
Lgi0ovG - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

4. go to C/C++ > General. add/change 3dsmax8sdk(include and lib) to your current installed 3dsmax8sdk folder. mine as seen in picture.
j4MxGIY - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

5. here is another box you must change.
FGSuIEY - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

lB2WsR9 - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

6. close property and compile
7. same goes to anmexp and Mtlexp.
8. copy Mtlexp.dle, anmexp.dle and maxexp.dle to 3dsmax8 plugins folder.
HvyA49C - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

9. copy other luna dll(s) to 3dsmax8 folder.
RDKaLos - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

B ---converting model(.obj) to mod file---
--weapon 1h sword--
1. for beginner. you should be better find 3d model in internet or ask your friend who have weapon model. and it's better in obj format.
1iylblB - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

2. click file > import and select obj file.
CsHq3nl - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

FTrPHYa - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

3. click Ok.
8bWce50 - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

4. tadda
PfhcDf6 - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

5. now we need to rotate it. click on object. click rotate. and put 90 at world offset.
SYfzazc - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

6. click modifier. click object then you should see "Dummy" in modifier box. select Dummy and hit Delete key. the box should be disappear but not the model.
Umxjb19 - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

uov5ju4 - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

7. now we need coloring it. press M and material editor will be appear. scrool down. expand "maps". open file explorer, find tif file, drag and drop to disfuse "none" box. (if you don't have tif file, you can convert png file with adobe photoshop. make sure you add alpha channel to tif)
VlVwt1D - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

8. press H, select all. click edited material. click assign. click show on map.
oGMrFpC - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

9. result should be like this. if not, you can fix it with unwarp UV ("fixing texture" part below).
WUn5gEL - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

10. it's not over yet!!! select front view. click create. click shapes and select rectangel. create a tiny rectangel.
qwtNGEE - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

11. click modifier. rename rectangel to "Bone R" and convert it to mesh. (right click on rectangel to show option convert)
QvqrP8V - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

12. click front view. click Bone R. click select and move. go to coordinate box and put X:-8 Y:-0 Z:-4
s7znYqD - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

13. open schematic view. connect all object to Bone R.
KKWNjyG - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

14. close schematic view. open file > export. in save as box, select Max custom binary exporter(MOD). this option should be appear if maxexp.dle loaded succesfully. put a name and click save.
HK8X7KO - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

4oBFHvt - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

15. click conv. MOD . wait till it finished. time to convert is depends on how big your file.
l24KhAd - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

16. a new mod file will be created. make sure you saved your project.
C ---testing MOD file---
1. open model view. drag your mod file to screen. if everything is fine, go to next step.
C5nj8OC - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

2. copy mod and tif file to luna/data/3ddata/character. then open modlist_e_w.bin (I choose elf woman because my luna char). find OH_Sword001.MOD and rename it to your MOD file name. if you have "_DONOTUSEENGINEPACK" file in luna folder, you don't need to packing character folder.
4ElowRx - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

3. bring up your luna server. login with test character. you can use GM-tool or RecoveryClient to get lv1 sword. and if everything fine, sword appearance will change to new model.
c0yU2t - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

D1 (extra)---convert png to tif alpha channel---
1. right click png file. open with adobe photoshop.
2. click select > edit in quick mask mode.
jKZr2Hf - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

3. save as tif. done
D2 (extra)---fixing texture---
if your texture is not seem right, you can fix it with unwarp UV.
1. open your project. click object you want to fix. click modifier and select unwarp UV. select Face. in parameter click Edit. a Edit box should be appear. in drop down list select tif file you use to change background.
EQi4Lyw - custom weapon (1h sword) - RaGEZONE Forums

2. now fix unfixed texture by dragging mouse.
3. if you thing has done. close editor. go to file > export and test it again.
note:
- I am looking for 3dmax8 luna model templates for each race (elf male, elf female, human male, human female, demon male, demon female) to create a new costume. if anyone can share their templates including Bone Structure, I would be really appreciate.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow..what a coincidence..I happen to think of making new items/costumes/weapons but i can't seem to make the .dle file to work with my 3dmax...and it just so happened that this guide was posted just yesterday!..thanks! ^_^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone of you got the 3d model of tarintus and kierra, and dont mind to share it?

Also , how to convert .anm file to other extension? anyone has managed to do that?

Back