Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting Up a Luna Server With Client

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all :), I have a little question. I did everything the tutorial. but I get that poster :*: . change the version of the client to which " has" the server, but it did not work :(: ... plizzzzz help >n< Thxxx
Client=MY_LUNA_Setup.exe
Server=Luna.rar :p (LULULU ????)
:blushing::blushing:

S-ClientVerinfo.ver=
LTHV08102101
S-MHVerinfo.ver=LTHC09010601
C-LunaClient.exe=LTHV08102101
C-Lunaverinfo.ver=LTHC09010601

Nayr438 - Setting Up a Luna Server With Client - RaGEZONE Forums

I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
Hi all :), I have a little question. I did everything the tutorial. but I get that poster :*: . change the version of the client to which " has" the server, but it did not work :(: ... plizzzzz help >n< Thxxx
Client=MY_LUNA_Setup.exe
Server=Luna.rar :p (LULULU ????)
:blushing::blushing:

S-ClientVerinfo.ver=
LTHV08102101
S-MHVerinfo.ver=LTHC09010601
C-LunaClient.exe=LTHV08102101
C-Lunaverinfo.ver=LTHC09010601

Looks like those version numbers aren't all the same, but I'm unsure if that's really the issue. Seeing as you've been forced to use a different client (because of bad links) you need to make sure that your system folders within the client and server are the same. I would delete the system folder in the client and replace it with the servers system folder, if that doesn't work then try doing the opposite.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks like those version numbers aren't all the same, but I'm unsure if that's really the issue. Seeing as you've been forced to use a different client (because of bad links) you need to make sure that your system folders within the client and server are the same. I would delete the system folder in the client and replace it with the servers system folder, if that doesn't work then try doing the opposite.

THXXX u for your response,I'll try :D. I have several clients saved on my computer ^////^ But with that client I wanted to try :3, There are some client to recommend me ? :eek:
I have a lunaclient.exe it the forum, But newbie tutorial not Works. >/////< my ingles es malo :/

-Folder system change did not work. U.U

Last edited:
Reaction score

THXXX u for your response,I'll try :D. I have several clients saved on my computer ^////^ But with that client I wanted to try :3, There are some client to recommend me ? :eek:
I have a lunaclient.exe it the forum, But newbie tutorial not Works. >/////< my ingles es malo :/

-Folder system change did not work. U.U
Sounds like the versions are still not matching then. Lets make one up: LUNA00000000 as your version. I want you to replace all your ver files with it and then I need you to open up your lunaclient.exe in a hex editor. Find the following version in your client: LTHV08102101 and then replace that with LUNA00000000 too.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sounds like the versions are still not matching then. Lets make one up: LUNA00000000 as your version. I want you to replace all your ver files with it and then I need you to open up your lunaclient.exe in a hex editor. Find the following version in your client: LTHV08102101 and then replace that with LUNA00000000 too.

THXx for your reply ^^
Result =.TnT it's possible what in agentserver.exe , distrivutionserver and mapserver have a "ver" that does not match the client?? :eek:

client that I have: luna-online-CBT-client(Gpotato), luna_online_Client(Gpotato), PH_LUNA_2009, PH_LUNA_2010, MY_LUNA_Setup + 2 link :eek: th_lunaonline_09031001 and lunaclient_081203 >/////< some works?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
th_lunaonline_09031001 work but I get these 2 posters And I Take server selection :/

1. Logging on. please wait.
2.The connection to the serrver has been broken. please try again.
T^T

Last edited:
Reaction score
THXx for your reply ^^
Result =.TnT it's possible what in agentserver.exe , distrivutionserver and mapserver have a "ver" that does not match the client?? :eek:

client that I have: luna-online-CBT-client(Gpotato), luna_online_Client(Gpotato), PH_LUNA_2009, PH_LUNA_2010, MY_LUNA_Setup + 2 link :eek: th_lunaonline_09031001 and lunaclient_081203 >/////< some works?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
th_lunaonline_09031001 work but I get these 2 posters And I Take server selection :/

1. Logging on. please wait.
2.The connection to the serrver has been broken. please try again.
T^T
Interestingly enough, the servers internal version doesn't matter when it comes to how Luna Online does its versioning (its just a string for display purposes).

Could be a lot of issues now. More than likely your server IP and port number are not right or your host configuration is blocking that communication via router, hardware firewall, or a software firewall. Please let me know if your on a local connection (127.0.0.1/192.168.X.X) or if your trying to connect directly to your Internet Service Providers assigned IP Address (WAN Address).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, the servers internal version doesn't matter when it comes to how Luna Online does its versioning (its just a string for display purposes).

Could be a lot of issues now. More than likely your server IP and port number are not right or your host configuration is blocking that communication via router, hardware firewall, or a software firewall. Please let me know if your on a local connection (127.0.0.1/192.168.X.X) or if your trying to connect directly to your Internet Service Providers assigned IP Address (WAN Address).

hello :3 . using the server ip 127.0.0.1 .
in lunaclient.exe you have an ip of the old server that using ,but so and changed to 127.0.0.1. and it
does not work U.U .

deactivate the
firewall :/ I'll see if it works....
does not work U.U

Thx u by
Support You Giving Me This >////<

Last edited:
Reaction score
hello :3 . using the server ip 127.0.0.1 .
in lunaclient.exe you have an ip of the old server that using ,but so and changed to 127.0.0.1. and it
does not work U.U .

deactivate the
firewall :/ I'll see if it works....
does not work U.U

Thx u by
Support You Giving Me This >////<

You've got the IP in your client, but do you have it within your GameDesc.bin? Make sure the parameter *DISTRIBUTESERVERIP is set to 127.0.0.1 and that *DISTRIBUTESERVERPORT is set to the approriate one set in your serverlist.msl. Don't forget to add GameDesc.bin to your client and server so you don't get a version mismatch error! :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You've got the IP in your client, but do you have it within your GameDesc.bin? Make sure the parameter *DISTRIBUTESERVERIP is set to 127.0.0.1 and that *DISTRIBUTESERVERPORT is set to the approriate one set in your serverlist.msl. Don't forget to add GameDesc.bin to your client and server so you don't get a version mismatch error! :)
not work :S.
the problem deve be the other lunaclient.exe :/
using another vercion of LUNAClient.exe work :D (but as under the tutorial newbie T^T).

try to fix pixy :D .... but look where I stay >///////<

Last edited:
Reaction score
not work :S.
the problem deve be the other lunaclient.exe :/
using another vercion of LUNAClient.exe work :D (but as under the tutorial newbie T^T).

try to fix pixy :D .... but look where I stay >///////<

Thats a funny place for it to be. Looks like the actual model of itself isn't set in the proper location, thats either defined by a bin file or the actual 3D model relative to the world coordinates before it was converted to a .mod file. I would suggest looking over the bin files and maybe even some CHX and CHR files to find out where the model attaches to a bone.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thats a funny place for it to be. Looks like the actual model of itself isn't set in the proper location, thats either defined by a bin file or the actual 3D model relative to the world coordinates before it was converted to a .mod file. I would suggest looking over the bin files and maybe even some CHX and CHR files to find out where the model attaches to a bone.
jajaja yess rare is the place where he is :p . thank you very much for all your help sir, I'll get to search for files ^///^
pokchop1, 10 Point ! ^w^

this is my last query jeje >////<

tutorial -
It does not open-
the problem is in the folder window ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
jajaja yess rare is the place where he is :p . thank you very much for all your help sir, I'll get to search for files ^///^
pokchop1, 10 Point ! ^w^

tutorial -
It does not open-
the problem is in the folder window ?

Afraid your at the limitation of this tutorial. Thats a client specific dialog and while it may render, because the bin files tell it to, your out of luck in fixing it. Of course in the last few months a classic source code was released that you can compile to fix this issue, but as far as I know there really isn't anyone with a working build. Your only other option is to keep trying different clients until it works, but the odds aren't in your favor.

Back