Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Text & Image Guide] Adding items to your itemlist

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
alright, it turns out this is really easy, I figured I'd show a tutorial to those who get confused with all the numbers they might find in the itemlist.bin.

To start off you're gonna need:
your own 3D custom models I got mine from " http://forum.ragezone.com/f545/3d-custom-model-938452/"
and you'll need the pak editor http://forum.ragezone.com/f545/luna-online-tool-s-831392/

extract the pak editor anywhere you like and run it then navigate to the 3DData folder inside your luna client folder then just hit the execute button
extract.PNG - [Text & Image Guide] Adding items to your itemlist - RaGEZONE Forums

afterwards go into your 3DData folder inside your luna client folder, there should be 7 new folders: new folders.PNG - [Text & Image Guide] Adding items to your itemlist - RaGEZONE Forums

go in the character folder and copy and paste whatever weapon you'd like to add in my case I'll be adding UltimaII : copy&past.PNG - [Text & Image Guide] Adding items to your itemlist - RaGEZONE Forums

after you copied and pasted it go back onto the PackExtractor and click the compress button then click execute(p.s. this might take a little while to complete): compress.PNG - [Text & Image Guide] Adding items to your itemlist - RaGEZONE Forums

once you've done that go into the windows folder (it's in the interface folder which is inside the data folder) find the file called "ToolTipMsg.bin" and scroll all the way down then add a new message like so:
"#Msg 21001073
{
The Ultima Keyblade from Kingdom Hearts 2 (Ver 2)
}"
tooltipmsg.PNG - [Text & Image Guide] Adding items to your itemlist - RaGEZONE Forums
(sorry about the image, the number is meant to be 21001073)

next go back to your client folder where your client is and go in system > resources and open the ModList_(H/D/E)_(M/W).bin also for those who might be wondering:
H=Human D=Devil E=Elf (races)
M=Man W=Woman (sex)
once they're open add the name of the .mod file you added to the character.pak, like so:
REMOVED
I suggest adding the name of the .mod file to all of the modlist.bin files that you have opened. Also important note: remember to increase the number at the top of the list by 1 everytime you add 1 new item, like so:
REMOVED

once you finished doing that, go ahead and open up itemlist.bin and scroll all the way to the bottom right corner and add a new line by pressing enter at the end of the current last line~
the on the new line, add whatever number that you want your new item to be I suggest going in order cuz the itemlist.bin is already in order but if you want to put the ID as something different which you'll remember easier go right ahead~

after you add the Item ID hit the tab key on your keyboard once and enter the name of your new item (please note that if you want to add a spacebar in the name you need to type "^s" example: "Ultima^sKeyblade" would look like in game "Ultima Keyblade"

hit tab again and add the number of the new tooltipmsg you added in my case this'd be "21001073"

it should look somewhat similar to this:
REMOVED

the rest of numbers sometimes hardly doesn't matter so you can just copy and paste it from a different item so say for example you wanted to add a new 1 handed sword, find a 1 handed sword on the list and add the details like so:
REMOVED
just copy the 1 line from start to end without including the 1st 3 codes and paste it onto your new 1 handed sword like so:REMOVED
though that's not all to it, once you did that you gotta edit the 6th line, if you don't do this then your changes won't take effect that or if you put the number too high your client will crash~
the number you change it to is the number you put on the mod list at the top in my case it'd be "2143" though if I changed the 6th line on my new item to 2143 my client would crash, 2143 is how many number of lines there are in your midlist 2142 is the number of the items there are all together in the modlist, the number goes in numerical order so 2142 is also the new item you just added because the number at the top "2143" is not an item (basically you just take 1 away from the total number at the top, that's what you change the 6th line to, sorry if I complicated it xD):
REMOVED
don't 4get to save all the .bin files
after you did that copy your system folder from your client folder and paste it inside your server folder and merge the folders and replace all the files

now if we go and test it in game (by the way, the best way to get the new item in your inventory is to use the recovery client + server like so):
REMOVED

and now if we go in game and check:
REMOVED
REMOVED
Voila~ a new item I hope this helped some people also for those who might be wondering:
this is basically how the item list works~ it's an excel file which tells you what each of the number columns are in the itemlist.bin so say for example if you want to increase the phys atk and def of an item, you can find the column which is for phsy atk and def and just increase or decrease it on the itemlist~

sorry if this was a bad guide xD it's my 1st time making 1, I hope this helps some of you people~

credits goes to:
the people who made the threads that helped me:
"shadowkage" original 1 who posted the parameters for the itemlist.bin~
http://forum.ragezone.com/f544/lunaplus-skilllist-itemlist-header-929855/
"gozex" for his video tutorial which kinda helped me I guess xD
http://forum.ragezone.com/f546/video-tutorial-indonesian-people-935714/
"Sakura1412" for the 3d custom models that looks awesome ;o
http://forum.ragezone.com/f545/3d-custom-model-938452/
"xHalloweenX" for the pack extract
http://forum.ragezone.com/f545/luna-online-tool-s-831392/
and "Jaren" and "Pokchop1" for helping me out when I got stuck
http://forum.ragezone.com/f543/adding-new-items-948325/

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pinned, Thank you for the tutorial, it'll help out all our English Devs and then some.

awesome and you're welcome :) just doing my best to help luna get back on its feet :3 and awesome ;o can't wait to see what progress they make :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great Job..^_^

this is good for the starter developers of luna..^_^
I would suggest you transfer the data in excel while editting and stuff.. you just have to align them and everything will be easy and smooth..:)
The row numbers also helps with getting the .MOD number.:)

~Jaren

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for this guide i have only One question.

what number I put in that columns? ----> Image2DNum, Part3DModelNum,

Back