Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Video Guides

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
So the first part of three is here, the first video will be showing you how to compile the luna online source code. Note that this only gives you the basics of how to do so, it won't show you how to compile every single thing in there.

With that I will provide a link to the video, so enjoy and take it for what its worth, any questions will be answered on the forums only, if you have something nice to say then do that on the videos comments. :)

Sadly it had to be a two part, here's your links to creating and setting up your server side. PS Sorry for not putting up a link to all the data your server needed, at least the stuff you can't compile. :)

Provided Server Base:
Provided Client:
Provided Source:

Gmail: 2coregamersproductions@gmail.com

Due to the previous posts being deleted, and one person advertising their server I ask that you read this before continuing with reading onwards:

A reminder to those reading this post, and forum. Ragezone is not a place to advertise your private servers, or at least in the luna section. Posting advertisements in any topic, or creating a false topic to advertise will be reported. So I'll ask nicely to obey the rules, and read this topic for its intended use, which is asking questions, helping each other, and getting the answers.

This is the structure for asking a question(Anything with a * is needed, any missing info will be ignored.):
*Which video(s) did you watch?

*How long did you watch them, be truthful, I have statistics on my side. ;)

*How much of the forums did you actually read?

Was there a problem with it, or did I forget something?

*What's your problem, please be very descriptive, such as what you did before it happened.

If it has to do with the server, provide a zipped logs folder, posting the whole log into the post will be reported to a moderator, as it is spam.

A message of approval, i.e Thank you and or like, etc., preferably a Thank you. (Don't say only thank you without a question, it'll keep this topic clean. Please send thank you's on Pm's if that's all you have to say.)

Updates:
3/18/13 - Updated ServerBase.rar, provides the serverset.txt and serverstart.txt.
3/18/13 - Added a new video, its grouped with Setting up your severside, SQL setup and other things.
3/19/13 - Added a Basic question structure, Follow it or you won't be answered, this will start on 3/20/13 so people have a chance to read it.
1/29/15 - Whoa an update! Updated some broken links, enjoy it.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So the first part of three is here, the first video will be showing you how to compile the luna online source code. Note that this only gives you the basics of how to do so, it won't show you how to compile every single thing in there.

With that I will provide a link to the video, so enjoy and take it for what its worth, any questions will be answered on the forums only, if you have something nice to say then do that on the videos comments. :)

Sadly it had to be a two part, here's your links to creating and setting up your server side. :)

Future links to setting up your client side will be coming soon, hopefully by 3/5/13 or 3/6/13.

Provided Client:
Provided Source:

thanks sir :D
now i can build a server luna plus :D

Reaction score
its said in the Word document :) but its visual studio .NET 2003 (any version of it) the main thing is, it was made in there and compiles without trouble, move it to 2005 and up and you have to redo all the libs and a lot of other unnecessary crap. The source is crap and doesn't need to be upgrade because it can't really be without major restructuring :p

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You have no idea how useful a video tutorial is. Thanks for the dedication and work pokchop1.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
can you upload all server file sir?? im confuse .. and i dont know how to compile xD
i just want try make own luna server in my pc

Thx

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Download Microsoft VS 2003 .net Enterprise Architecture (pirated search) to compiling source code..;)

Need:
uTorrent - To get more speed download than any version of torrent. Please settings speed of download to 15000MB/S (depend on you ISP)

Download:
(3GB)

Reaction score
i have it, but i dont understand how to use it :3
cause i dont know about C++ xD
but... I show you everything you need to know without advanced edits, sorry but this strikes me to either your being lazy (doubt) or you just didn't understand my tutorials. Either way I cover everything you do to every part of the source, don't worry about any file unless it has .sln or .vcproj, small tweaks to the source, how to move back a directory, how to set the output, how to compile each part of every tool, I even showed how to fix the auto-patcher (thank Ledah90).

With all that said, if your still having trouble, contact me on Skype so I can show you through a screen-share or another method.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i was trying compile, in the memiko source i can't find MAS file, where you got it?? o_O
i have server tool but i don't have MAS file where i can got it???

Reaction score
A reminder to those reading this post, and forum. Ragezone is not a place to advertise your private servers, or at least in the luna section. Posting advertisements in any topic, or creating a false topic to advertise will be reported. So I'll ask nicely to obey the rules, and read this topic for its intended use, which is asking questions, helping each other, and getting the answers.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You should ask the mods to move this to the Tutorials section and sticky. Nice addition to the forum :)

Reaction score
Any how exactly is this contributing? :glare:

Another great point, its nice to see the advertiser, why don't you take a good reading session with me. Lets go down the list and find the real interesting ones.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f71/forum-rules-101410/
4. Try to stay on topic.
9. Do not spam.
16. Advertising outside sources is not permitted.
23. Do not try to irritate people.
and lastly, my personal favorite
28. Use common sense, if you think something is not allowed, then don't do it.

So, I suggest you just leave the luna forums before you get yourself more then just a red strike.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Download Microsoft VS 2003 .net Enterprise Architecture (pirated search) to compiling source code..;)

Need:
uTorrent - To get more speed download than any version of torrent. Please settings speed of download to 15000MB/S (depend on you ISP)

Download:
(3GB)

Do not understand that link it was downloaded, and nothing comes out ! Will lie or that I am asked?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the wonderful tutorial of LUNA+ so far i've finish compiling the source and got most of the server n client compile.
but you are missing a crucial part of the video guide ex:

1. you didnt show us how to setup our MSQL DB ( no luna+ DB you say you will provide for download )
2. where did u get the .ver's files from ? ( in video you say you will provide for download )
3. you didnt show how to compile our luna/launcher.exe do we need it or not
4. where do we go and edit the 12-digit version # @ im really lost @ where/or which .cpp file to edit or how many files we need to edit
5. where did you get the serverset.txt and serverstart.txt from im lost

ps. other than that your video was great plz upload ur luna+ msql DB thank you for reading hope to see your reply soon n db dl ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back