Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Video Guides

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
Thanks, that's all I really appreciate theses days is a thank you from others :) I'll go ahead and make a quick DB setup, and sorry I forgot the DB's, making almost 3 hours worth of information really makes you forget somethings. As for the ver files, those are just creating a .txt with the right name, you put in the 12 digit code you want and then change the file extension for it to .ver, next I didn't compile the source main because of: 1. People are lazy on here, give them the info and give em a kick, maybe they'll actually do something for once. 2. It's just a video to show you the basic that you need to know, such as fixing things in the linker, outputs, configurations, all that. :) Next only the Luna Client has a 12 digit version #, I'm pretty sure I've edited it in one of the videos, but it's one file in the luna client and its extension is .cpp, It'll also be in "" so just hit control + F and put in one " and just hit find and look through all the code. Lastly, possibly the most embarrassing on my part is, the two .txt files... in my head i thought it this way, severset.txt is just a .txt with 0 in it, that's all. serverstart.txt basically tells the agent, dist, and map what to load up, you can find it in any luna server-side download on here, but I'll repack the serverbase with them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone want a video of how some of the tools work? I can tell that it can be confusing to understand some of them.

Thank You already understood why she couldn't move down , but already i'm down i am average gross haha , thanks Zenj and Thanks pokchop1

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's just a video to show you the basic that you need to know, such as fixing things in the linker, outputs, configurations, all that. :) Next only the Luna Client has a 12 digit version #, I'm pretty sure I've edited it in one of the videos, but it's one file in the luna client and its extension is .cpp,

thx 4 the rply i watch ur video like 4x b4 i started n im pretty sure i know which .cpp file ur talking about ^^. thx very much i really appreciated u reply.

Reaction score
Hi,

I've cleaned up some posts in this thread that weren't needed -- let's try and keep this off-topic. Also, if you would like to say "thank you" then it's a great credit to like his/the post as it's a better way of showing appreciation than posting.

As somebody seen above saying this should be moved to the tutorial section and stickied, I'm on that and I'll do it right away. Nice guides, well done.

Thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok i got server up , msql db , odbc working all is up n running map only 19/20 for testing.. but i can NOT login im using the same client thats on ur video dont know y can u help me plz im using the lunaclient_GM.exe pokchop1 ^^ ver. LUNAPLUS_10092001.exe

ps 1 more thing y is it i can not change MAS_abcdefgh1234 (on the top left corner) hope to hear from u soon

Last edited:
Reaction score
Firstly, If you would state how much of my videos you have watched, and how much time would be appreciated, it lets me know if your just lazy, or if you misunderstood. :)
Secondly,
Did you create an account in the LUNA_MEMBERDB -> Tables -> dbo.chr_log_info ?
Third,
Test out the regular luna client first, I know I've had difficulties with logging on, like pin numbers. >.<
Four,
Your MAS is probably crashing right? That's because its reading from the wrong address, all you need to do is open it up with a hex editor, and look up abcdefgh1234 and replace it with the right one, I believe you can change it in the source under Database.cpp.
Lastly,
Make sure you edited GameDesc.bin and ServerList.bin to the right addresses. :)

I hope this helps, and please do contact me for further help.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
right now im pretty much stuck @ loggin into client bcuz its all in korean i dont understand but im sure my server,maps, works i even triple chk my mssql db user/pwd is there ill make a SS later just client wont connect

Reaction score
Just Replace the Data folder with another client, or just pull out your packing tool and start looking through all the bin files, translating everyone one of them. (My method is taking the computer gibberish, save it in a .txt, open it up with word viewer, select Korean encoding, copy it, go to google translate, and replace the gibberish with the real words.)

On a side note, remember to structure your questions with the new format that I've made. Read the first post, or your going to be out of luck when your questions are ignored and deleted. (This apply's to everyone)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have add pics so u can c what im talking about "

pic1 client cant connect :

pic 2 can NOT change ver#:

hope to hear from u soon thx in adv.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
So far from what I can see, either some bins were edited, or wrong client version. (my best guess.)
You'll find in the monitoring source code that it has a ver # to it, just hit CTRL+f and search every file with "LUNA07062101", no quotations.
An alt. method is to pop it up in a hex editor (or just notepad), search "LUNA07062101" and replace it with your current number.
Hoped this has helped.

Reaction score
An update for the Database Managers:
I failed to delete some data from the DB's before I put them online. So if your trying to create a login as GameSrv with a password of luna, it'll give you an error. Here's how you fix it, go through all your databases security folder, and then delete the login GameSrv. Now you should be able to get past this error, but I'd advise your be creative and change up the login information. :p

My apologize,
Dakota

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm gonna attempt this. I've been trying to start a server since 2008 but the other tut didn't help >.<

How much ram do you need to run this without anyone playing?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the original Luna Server Files/Client? I'm not a fan of luna +

Reaction score
Fou Gilang, Its good to see your still on the forums :) The answer to you question is most likely a problem with a login. What version of SQL server do you use? (Next time please fill out the question structure that I've provided)

MrSunny, I've seen you one the forums since 08, its good to see that your still interested, but as I closed the classic thai client, its almost impossible to bring back classic. My suggestions are to replace the plus maps with classic maps and start moving around the positions in the bin files (my best guess on what to do.) (Next time please fill out the question structure that I've provided)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The format doesn't fit my question, but is compiling necessary? Can I do all the tutorials without compiling?

Reaction score
The format doesn't fit my question, but is compiling necessary? Can I do all the tutorials without compiling?

Problem can be sustituted in with question, I just wanna know how much work your really putting into it, so as it said, please give me the required info, sorry for the confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back