Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to add .dat files in the "New Crypt" for use of PKED.exe

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
People has been asking me "how to add new .dat files via PKED.exe for New Crypt"

So i'd thought to write a tut for you.

- How to add .dat files in the "New Crypt" for use of PKED.exe

1A. Get your Config.pk or E.pk file
1B. Rename "Config.pk" to "Config.zip" (MUST be Zip).
1C. Extract "Config.zip" into a new folder, (Config, perhaps). Enter the file's password.
1D. Go into the new folder, you will see ALL the .dat files.
1E. Right click and create "new text document.txt" rename the ".txt" to ".dat". (also rename the new text document to what you want e.g "MD5.dat")
1F. Leave the new .dat file empty (0kb), you can add more files at this stage if you want.

2A. When finished with the Config or E select all ."dat" files in the folder (Don't select the folder!).
2B. Right click and zip it back (you might need a program like 7-zip, because you need to re-create the same password for the new Zip file).
2C. Once its ziped and the file is password protected, rename the Config.zip or E.zip back to Config.pk or E.pk
2D. Open PKED.exe and select "New Crypt" like before and you have your new .dat files in the pk's.

Hope this helps.

-W

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
ctrl + a to select all files in a map... lol everyone should know that, but you never know.. also I prefer to use WinRAR.. 7-zip never seemed better or more rely-able for me.. except for the compression.. (the password options for WinRAR are when you have the rar file opened under "file" and then just "set default password" or ctrl + p for the shortcut..). hope that info is of any use.. also great info for beginners with the newer pk editor!

Back