Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Opacity of pets

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone

This tutorial can be used together with dagets tutorial. Its a way of adding parts that have to be "invisible", like hair, teeth, ... In this tutorial i will show u how its done. I would like to thank Kallyana to give me a fast explonation, of how its done.

First of all load your monster in 3ds max 8 (same as dagets tutorial)

158FYSr - Opacity of pets - RaGEZONE Forums

This animal exists in 2 meshes, so it has 2 textures. I always start with the part that doesn't has opacity, but it doesn't really matter. So now i will select the part that doesn't need opacity.

td8k9ZE - Opacity of pets - RaGEZONE Forums

Now drag the texture on the mesh u selected. (see picture)

bTJbkFK - Opacity of pets - RaGEZONE Forums

Now select the next mesh part, this one needs opacity, so the teeth, moan, tail, ... The white is the part i selected.

KEt1s30 - Opacity of pets - RaGEZONE Forums

Now click the material editor (see picture)

Gx4qxHk - Opacity of pets - RaGEZONE Forums

Now drag the second texture on the first ball (see picture)

XigN0mj - Opacity of pets - RaGEZONE Forums

After that u can see a word named opacity, with a button next to it. Click that button

pb9cCra - Opacity of pets - RaGEZONE Forums

Now a new window should have opened, there u have to select mtl editor, where your texture will be located select your texture and press ok.

6FqYhIk - Opacity of pets - RaGEZONE Forums

Select instance and press ok again.

KuUHtrs - Opacity of pets - RaGEZONE Forums

Now scroll down, u will see "mono channel output" select Alpha there.
U will also see "RGB Channel Output" select Alpha as Gray
(See picture, and just do the same)

sov2BWx - Opacity of pets - RaGEZONE Forums

Now u have to drag that ball on your second mesh part, and thats it.

uP9cFRz - Opacity of pets - RaGEZONE Forums

Now you added opacity to your pets. :thumbup:

Kind Regards

Anon

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
for those of you using a newer version of 3ds max 9, 2012, 2014 or 2015..DO NOT PUT ALPHA AS GREY.. otherwise the whole thing will be textured grey.. this only works with max 8

Reaction score
Is there an exporter for max 9,2012,2014 and 2015 which was released that i didn't know about 0o ? ffs Kamellana

And the only reason ur models texture turns white in max ( even max8 ) is because u're instancing the diffuse instead of copying...

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
for 2009 yes there was and exporter released there is also a 2009 importer... for 2012 and 2014.. only me and Matynator have exporter and importer for dungeons and all...

Back