Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Making your engine.exe

Reaction score
Hey

I've written this guide because I see that a lot of people are having trouble making an own engine.exe with KOCP, custom password, unlocked zoom, Vista, and getting it packed at the end.

I'm going to describe the full working method on how to apply these functions and the order of them!

What do you need:
- clean unpacked engine -
- KOCP_Installer.exe (see attachment)
- Kal Server Controller.exe by Palu$ (see attachment)
- yP.exe Packer (see attachment)
- Hex editor (see attachment)

Step 1: applying KOCP
First of all, we are going to apply KOCP on our clean engine to avoid any problems applying it later. Open KOCP_installer.exe and follow the steps. The wizard should take you through it without any problem.

Step 2: Changing the password
In a second step we will change the password. You could also apply the vista patch or the unlocked zoom (optionally) now. It's a matter of personal preference.

Open "Kal Server Controller.exe" and go to the "Engine pass" tab. Click "Open Engine" and select engine.exe.

In the form "New Password" you have to put a new password. The password should have a size of 13 characters (e.g. JKSYEHAB#9052 (standard), MYSECRETPASS1, ...) You can use special characters such as #,

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [GUIDE] Making your engine.exe

Very helpful guide. :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Bjorn is the best guy out here^^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I LOVEEE U LOOL .... But i think when he wrote all this he was refering to me because of the amount of posts i have made on kocp and kosp and vista engine help lol

"I've written this guide because I see that a lot of people are having trouble making an own engine.exe with KOCP, custom password, unlocked zoom, Vista, and getting it packed at the end."
TO MODERATOR ... "THIS SHOULD BE A STICKY SO MAKE IT A STICKY :D"

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

When i try and install KOCP It says "The file is not supported" Please help

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

mine works...be sure that you have the unpacked engine.exe...otherwise it will not work

EDIT: i have antother problem...i have changed the password and fixed the version for vista (but i

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

hmm BjornVH i dont know if this matters but vista hackshield files have a much bigger .txt document in it and it also has some loader application.. so vista hshield is much differant to int hackshield

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Just one question... When you change your engine.exe password do you have to change the password of anything else aswell?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Just one question... When you change your engine.exe password do you have to change the password of anything else aswell?

Yes the config.pk and e.pk Password.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you get undefenied Files error download this:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

k ty,,, do you know how to change password plz of e.pk and config.pk?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

k ty,,, do you know how to change password plz of e.pk and config.pk?

unpack all the files in a Folder...then pack it and name it befor packing to pk (you can make this in winrar) and set Password befor packing...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

ty :p hm i didnt know it would be that easy :p i thought u would needs codes and stuff like for engine.exe password changer

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

ok i have done everything and even done the md5 thing but now when i start kal a black box thing pops up and nothing happens... plz help
Hm i was thinking do i have to copy and paste the protect.dll and the protect_ from the kocp update and put it in the client or shall i just use the protect.dll i made?

To make the engine i have...
CLIENT ::: Protect.dll, Engine.exe, Engine.exe.bak, Vista Hshield
SERVER FILES ::: Configuration.txt

Also do i have to use that server_key_generator thing?

And also :p why is there a protect.dll in client and server files ? wouldnt that mean i have to have 2 protect.dll in my configuration.txt?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Very nice guide :). Maybe a small offtopic, but maybe some1 could include that too in this guide:
Making own screen splash on enter in engine? Like NOOR have in his new repack.

Reaction score

Yes I have Armadillo on my own engine.exe but the program itself it not free and therefore I won't post here how to do it (warez is not allowed)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

the vista poop dosnt works i did the things then replaced the hshield folder with the one from narut and i still get undefinied error pls install nubonline

Back