Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] PK Files Error - How to make PK Files

A.K.A /v\aX /--/ PHP Guru
Reaction score
How to make your pk files
Well its a known fact that 80% of new comers or repack users always post 'I keep getting config error how do I fix it' well this guide should help you.

This guide assumes you have installed or already have KoSp/Cp in your server & client.

Step 1.
First of all you need to make an engine
Guide on how to make your engine
If you have downloaded a repack an plan to use the engine that came with the repack, just skip step 1.

Step 2.
Next you need to set yourself up to edit pk files.
First of all we will get the latest server protection (KoSp/Cp) Downloaded, your repack may have come with this but in most cases it would be an older version so best to just download an follow this guide.
- Download KoSp/Cp (MegaUpload)
Ok I have also added a MD5 File Checker within the zip you will need this later :)
So you downloaded the file 'Protect.rar' unzip it to a folder on your desktop an open:
ToXiC L33T - [Tutorial] PK Files Error - How to make PK Files - RaGEZONE Forums

Copy all files within the folder 'client' to your repack or own client (over right when asked), now do the same with the folder 'server' but paste the files within the repack or own server folder where you see your main server exe (over right when asked).
make a new folder within your server folder called 'PK Files' then open an make 2 more new folders one called 'Sword' the other called 'Encrypted'
Now copy the 'KalOnline Advanced PK Editor.exe' and 'config.properties' to the 'PK Files' folder.
You should end up with a setup folder like this:

Ok you are doing great :)

Now you need the sword pk files, if you using a repack you can find them in the repack thread, If you are running your own clean server you can just use the client pk files (Dont let the client update).
Now copy both 'Config.pk' and 'E.pk' to the sword folder you just made.
Get the pk password, again if repack this will be supplied an if clean just use JKSYEHAB#9052 an if you made your own engine you can use your own pk password.
Open config.properties with notepad from the folder 'PK Files' it should look like this:

Code:
#
# KalOnline Advanced PK EditorOption
#

#
# Serial number to get access to the modules of the Extended or Premium Edition
#

Serial = xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

#
# Put's the default pk password in the input password box
#

DefaultPKPassword = your_pass
Change 'your_pass' to the pk password you are using then save an close.

Step 3.
Next you need to make your pk files.

Ok this part is tricky cos the sword pk files use the pk password used by the last owners an you need to change it to your pk password. If you are using a repack an plan NOT to change the password you can skip to step 3a.

Open KalOnline Advanced PK Editor.exe at the top click on 'open/*.pk (swordcrypt)' an you will get a popup explorer, at the bottom click the drop down an change it to 'config.pk' then move to your 'server/PK files/sword/' an open config.pk you will get a popup asking for the pk password. It will have your password in already but you need to change it to the password that the pk used before I.E. the repack password or the default one, then open the pk file. If done right you should be able to read the dat files.
Dont edit anything! @ top click 'file/Create as..' then click 'config.pk (swordcrypt)' an you will get a new explorer popup it should be in the 'Sword' folder already an if not move back to that folder, highlight 'config.pk' an delete then save the pk file as config.pk again you will get a popup asking for the password to use, but this time it will show the password you pasted to open it. You need to highlight that password an remove it an put your own in then save.
This will create a new sword config.pk using your own pk password, Now do the same thing but with e.pk

Step 3a.
Open KalOnline Advanced PK Editor.exe at the top click on 'open/*.pk (swordcrypt)' an you will get a popup explorer, at the bottom click the drop down an change it to 'config.pk' then move to your 'server/PK files/sword/' an open config.pk you will get a popup asking for the pk password, It will have your password in already so click ok.
If done right you should be able to read the dat files, double click on config.pk in the editor an all the dat files will drop down. Now at the bottom double click on 'xlate-e.dat' it will look something like this:

Code:
;(country_type ENG)
;
;    Server List
;

(serverlist ( name "High Rate Server 1")   ( IP "453.875.456.342") ( PORT "4565") (config "debug")  (servernumber 1))
(serverlist ( name "Low Rate Server 2")   ( IP "653.985.45.324") ( PORT "4575") (config "debug")  (servernumber 2))
Change the server list to whatever you need.. local IP would be '127.0.0.1' an ISP IP you can find also check the server port an change if needed.
Now click on a different dat an the editor will ask if you wish to save xlate-e.dat just click yes or ok.
Now @ top click 'file/save as..' you want to make 2 copies one swordcrypt an the other kocp encrypted so then first make the sword so click 'config.pk (swordcrypt)' a popup explorer will open in the sword folder so just save it here an click ok to the next popup password box (the password should be yours). Now to the save again but click 'config.pk (Exclusive Crypt)' an save it to the Encrypted folder as config.pk then close the editor.
Now you need to make an encrypted e.pk so open the editor again an open e.pk in the sword folder (If you have followed step 3 good the e.pk will use your own pk password) Click ok on the password popup an the e.pk should open. Just to make sure all is good double click on e.pk within the editor an all the dats will drop down, so just double click on any random dat to see if you can read it, if not you need to follow step 3 again but using the e.pk file :)
Now @ top click 'file/save as..' then click 'config.pk (Exclusive Crypt)' an save it to your 'Encrypted' folder.

You should now have 4 pk files all using your chosen password. 2 in the Sword folder and 2 in the Encrypted folder, the sword folder is to be used to update or edit your pk files an you Should always update these as you go.
Now copy the pk files from the Encrypted folder to your client then run the client to test, If you have done right the client should run an list the servers you added.

If you get NULL NULL this is a config error an i suggest you go through this guide again.
If your game runs an hangs at the login screen an dont show anything apart from the background this is an e.pk error an i suggest you go through this guide again.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thats hard why u dont just set it al up and put it in a filles im like confused right now

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
dude just read the turtorial take your time it's good tut!
Nice man good for the new ppl who just start with it!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
its is normal at step2 the config.prop.... in the repack KalMaxV4

i dont have this

#
# KalOnline Advanced PK EditorOption
#

#
# Serial number to get access to the modules of the Extended or Premium Edition
#

Serial = xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

#
# Put's the default pk password in the input password box
#

DefaultPKPassword = your_pass

i need to add this code or ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey i dont realy get this like i cant evenopen my config files have kalmax V4 and its realy enojing me at the moment becouse i cant change pk files
i just keep gettin null and i followed ur guied max could u plz help me make a vid or something ?
or like repost pictures?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
first i run the client i get null,null,null...i have fix it...when i run the client again,the kocp picture is appear but after that nothing happen...

sorry for my bad english

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
THanks for tut, but any can help me? When i open config.pk it`s are clean and i dont have where to exchange IP. (I using repack paradise, and there are uncrypted config.pk)
On clean repack all is right i can connect, but ppl cant connect to me server :/ already port opened

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Max the KOCP/SP link in your post doesn't work.

For those that are having troubles, here it is:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[SOLVED] Max, thanks for the great detailed post once again ;)

I'm having some problems once again, this time after having solved the MSSQL issue, I'm stuck at the .pk step. Also, I'm using your KalMax V4 repack now, Vladi's one had quite a number of trojans.

Have a look at the following screenshots, they show me performing each of your steps;

As I wrote in the last screenshot, I've tried the main password provided in the following folder containing your config, e folders and the pk password ( )

I hope that someone knows the correct password for the .pks.

Regards,

Historian

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any 1 help me plz i get Ducking error in Clean repack wheni enter the game and write my id and pw and choose archer or mage or kn8 and put the points i get Error say "it say proplem occured on creating ur char .-NA_ERROR" could some1 help me if u know say

Reaction score
Hi Guys
When i lost the original Pk files and i have only the crypted one how to i cen uncrypt?
please who know send me mail to borsodkal@gmx.com or PM here
Thank you guys. I come back after 6 year and i lost a lot of stuff :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Guys
When i lost the original Pk files and i have only the crypted one how to i cen uncrypt?
please who know send me mail to borsodkal@gmx.com or PM here
Thank you guys. I come back after 6 year and i lost a lot of stuff :(
try to use dsound.dll in your client file and get the pw by the Dump file then you can uncrypt ur pk files..
dsound.dll link :

Back