Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Prevent Main server crashes - allowing through the DEP - (ROOT Servers)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ive been getting a few PM's just latly about Main servers crashing after 5 mins on ROOT servers and i would like to tell you how to provent that. (Thanks to matynator for showing me how to do it!)

1. Access the control panel
2. Select 'system'
3. Select 'advanced system settings'
4. Under 'performance' select 'settings'
5. Select 'data execution prevention' tab

Then find and allow the main server through the DEP

Done.. your main server should no longer crash on your ROOT server :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: TUTORIAL - Prevent Main server crashes - allowing through the DEP - (ROOT Server

Thnx alot

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
Re: TUTORIAL - Prevent Main server crashes - allowing through the DEP - (ROOT Server

Ive been getting a few PM's just latly about Main servers crashing after 5 mins on ROOT servers and i would like to tell you how to provent that. (Thanks to matynator for showing me how to do it!)

1. Access the control panel
2. Select 'system'
3. Select 'advanced system settings'
4. Under 'performance' select 'settings'
5. Select 'data execution prevention' tab

Then find and allow the main server through the DEP

Done.. your main server should no longer crash on your ROOT server :)

yeah it is only on windows server os.. my 64 bits win 7 doesn't do it.. 64 bit windows server 2008 r2 does it crashes on commands.. when you typ any command in the server will crash on "/addotp".. small background info :p

Reaction score

yeah it is only on windows server os.. my 64 bits win 7 doesn't do it.. 64 bit windows server 2008 r2 does it crashes on commands.. when you typ any command in the server will crash on "/addotp".. small background info :p

Actually that's because of the command addon by...who was it again xD? anyways, almost every server got his addon in the server. Disable the addon and use a clean mainsvr and your server won't crash on commands :p I don't know if it happened because I detoured the Command function and called it myself, then it usually crashed. I patched the commands out and made them myself = no more crashes.(you don't have to remove the mainsvr commands...just the new ones /addotp /addeva....a simple jmp is enough or nop them all out)

Back