Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Server setup guide! (Using MSSQL2000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your omega
Loyal Member
Reaction score
first of all this is just an expanded guide the original was made by Hilanger.

Step1)
first download
kalserver repack
Kalserver repack
download mssql

and download the old client

Step2) Server Side Setup

Install mssql with all options as default.
now start the server by going to the start menu >Microsoft SQL Server>service manager.
press the button Start/continue and wait till the picture displays a green light .

now go to the start menu again >
Microsoft SQL Server>enterprise manager

~Right click databases and select "New Database"

~You will need to make two new databases so name one "kal_db" and the other "kal_auth"

~after you do that right click on kal_auth and go down to "all tasks" and select "Restore Database"

~Once you do that click on "From Device" Then click "select devices"

~Click on "Add"

~Once you do that find the "auth" file in the server folder

~click "ok" then "ok" again

~After that go into "options" and check "Force restore over existing databases"

~Once you do that, find the file with "auth" in it.
Dopestar - [Tutorial]  Server setup guide! (Using MSSQL2000) - RaGEZONE Forums

~Now copy and paste the address of the file "C:\Documents and Settings\Jared\Desktop\Kal.Server.Working.2006.09.01\KALdb" that would be mine

~Still in options under "Move to physical file name" put that address so for me I would have "C:\Documents and Settings\Jared\Desktop\Kal.Server.Working.2006.09.01\KALdb\KAL_AUTH.mdf"
Do the same thing for the log file as well.

~OK now you're done with the auth file for now and now onto the database file!... Just do the same as what you did with the "auth" file...But with the db file.

~Now onto the ODBC

~Go into start -- control panel -- administrative tools -- Data Sources (ODBC)

~Go into system DSN and click on "add"

~Now search for "SQL server". Select it and click on finish

~Name it KAL_AUTH and for "which SQL server do you want to connect to?" select (local)

~Click next-next- then check "change the default database to" and select "kal_auth"

~click next two more times and then OK

~Do the same thing for kal_db

If you can't open the control panel trough "start -- control panel" go "start--run--control panel.

now go back to your enterprise manager and select the kal_db and got the tables and then item right click on it and select design table make sure it looks like this
with the allow null and int as Info

Step3) Client side setup
just install the old client and put the kal server repack files in the right places
should be an easy job.

Step4) Start your server and play
Now go to the folder where you extracted your kalserver repack and go to the server folder and start login,database, mainserver after each other (note always start the mainserver as last)
if all goes well it should say server ready on port 30001 or another port

Step5) play and have fun
to play you need to make an account first.
start koam and push the connect button fill in your id and pass.
then create the account and close koam again now start your kal online client and connect with the acc. you just made you should be able to make an character then and play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your omega
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ok just made this guide in 10min feedback and suggestions post here :)

This Time = Dead Time!
Reaction score
Would be nice to add on to the guide how to set up the server so others can play on it. Like how to forward ports if your using routers and guides like this. Or a movie on a whole server guide and how to forward ports woudl be nice to. :p

This Time = Dead Time!
Reaction score
i already forwared all the ports im supposted to. but still cant connect.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
omg sweet finally someone made another guide lol... with pictures -.- btw their is a video turtial try and add it to this poost would be better -.- and stop locking my guides grr

Reaction score
omg sweet finally someone made another guide lol... with pictures -.- btw their is a video turtial try and add it to this poost would be better -.- and stop locking my guides grr
lmao.. that guide is here fu long.. he just copy that and add some informations -.-
Dynasty420 said:
yea but u have to buy that to update ur router;dont u?
Oo there is list of allmost all router.. you just select your router and ull se guide how to open them..

Your omega
Loyal Member
Reaction score
yeah this guide has been here for a long time but some people couldn't find it so updated it a little and made it sticky.

but surprisingly there are still some people who cant find it

Reaction score
Ok i found it . :busted_co

The database working perfectly ,(I can make user ect.) but when i start the client i cant login.

Version is not mached ... what is the problem ? (I try with the old and updatad client too)

Set your VERSION=0 in system.ini (Version should be your server Country code)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
my database is done, but when i try to start the server it only says Can't connect to Auth Server

Last edited by a moderator:
Your omega
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you could try to run the login server a.k.a Authsvr

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Look, dude.

You are running Only Mainserver and DBServer. You have to run THREE servers :

1. LoginServer(AuthServer)
2. DBServer (DataBase Server)
3. MainServer (KalXtreme Server in your case)

You do not have No.1 running. You only have No.2 and No.3 .

You have to run no.1 also,
Your AuthServer/LoginServer is not running, that's why the Mainserver is giving you the error that it can't connect to authserver(Maybe because the authserver is not running... But just maybe.)

Gl&Hf

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Okay, forget about this last post of mine... I got it up and running, now.

However, I had a problem downloading KOAM earlier. It told me that the specified attachment was no longer valid.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Step5) play and have fun
to play you need to make an account first.
start koam and push the connect button fill in your id and pass.
then create the account and close koam again now start your kal online client and connect with the acc. you just made you should be able to make an character then and play.

abour this, what is koam??

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have a problam, i am using Soldius repack and i make it all like as in this guide, i started login server then database then main server, and there is an error in main sercer Cant connect to DB server, why is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back