Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Server setup guide! (Using MSSQL2000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I mean that step where you must klick "all tasks" and "restore database" I did it but i can't find that so caled auth :( can someone help me where i can find it?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I hope I will find if I won't i will tell you.

Edit : When i go to databases i right klick on it and than klick all tasks.After that I klick restore database and i klick Form device.Than I klick select devises and search for "auth" and I can't find it for 3 days now. I need some help :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Your omega
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the auth file is in the server repack in the map database its called kal_auth !!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's what i cant do : ~Once you do that click on "From Device" Then click "select devices"
And this too : ~click "ok" then "ok" again
This is the Auth I can't find!!!

i need to know where it is

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
first of all this is just an expanded guide the original was made by Hilanger.

Step3) Client side setup
just install the old client and put the kal server repack files in the right places
should be an easy job.

this is the first time im doeing something like a private server but i dont know wich files i need to edit or copy paste could somoene help me

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
why is it when i start my servers they ask me for ID, and PW?, btw, anyone know what they would be?

Your omega
Loyal Member
Reaction score
fearnaruto : All the files from the client fix in the repack

topyro : the id and pass you putted up at the mssql setup

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
XD, i'm confused now, i'm using "local system account" with both ID/PW blank, yet it won let me on. does this mean i have to make an account with ID/PW?

ok, srry too write more, but now i can get everything going, but when i'm in the server select screen, it tells me "version is not matched to server. cannot connect to the server." do i need to change anything in the config settings?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how can i get my running server online?

my private server runs pretty good, bud i need to get it online so my friends can connect it to. somone knows how i need to do that?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
omg in databas i have 6 items and u say 8 items dont have the kal_auth and kal_db whyyy ????? pls help me

Your omega
Loyal Member
Reaction score
just use the kal_db and Kal_auth in Server files\Database

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
-.- you can edit and make no spamming here okay-.-.-.-.-
and why he say it in msn?
He writes here for all user not only for you....

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
when i add to choose restore Devices i cant use kal_auth

Your omega
Loyal Member
Reaction score
this guide is a clear as the setup proces can be if you cant set it up private servers isnt your thing

I mean you can use them everybody can but since you dont know nothing about mssql you cant setup a server

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back