Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Server Setup Video Guides [Updated]

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm an currently working on an entire series of tutorials on kal private servers. If you have any requests, please post them here or send me a message. I will post all my videos into this thread, so make sure you keep coming back.

How to set up your kal server:

Creating your engine.exe with Vista patch and unlocked zoome:

Config.pk, E.pk, md5 values, and pk to pk3:

Creating an item:

Creating an NPC:
Not created yet!

Creating a quest:
Not created yet!

Creating a shop:
Not created yet!

Creating a mob:
Not created yet!

[UPDATE 12/23/2012]
1. As of almost exactly a year ago, I no longer do much with Kal devlopment. I have since upgraded my computer, and no longer have any of my files or software, except for a select few backups. This means I will not be getting around to making the other videos, ever. The good news is, if someone else wishes to make them, I will link them in this post giving full and proper credit. The only conditions are that they be uploaded to YouTube, be created in high resolution, and have actual audible narration (not just music!).

2. The videos on my YouTube channel will stay there for as long as YouTube exists. Even though I no longer actively participate in this community, I do still appreciate it's existence, and have no intentions of ever removing the videos.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: [Tutorial] Video Guides [Updated]

The engine tutorial video is now up. I am currently working on the next one.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

3rd video is up, how to edit pk files and encrypt them, etc..
My next video will be up later tonight.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Thank you, I had a couple mess ups, but I think everything came out good and clear. The first one I was saying Message-e.dat instead of xlate-e.dat, but I put a note in the video and caught myself towards the end. The second I forgot to pack the engine, but I made a note of that. I plan on making a lot more, as long as I get good feedback from them.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Been extremely busy these last couple days with moving, I will have the next video out in the next couple days.

kux

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Very nice job. I will be watching your thread for more videos. Btw can u upload Paradise client files? I cant download them from original thread... Links are broken, and the one from sendspace gives me an archive error at first part... Megaupload links would be nice :)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

dude really nice tutorials!!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Very nice job. I will be watching your thread for more videos. Btw can u upload Paradise client files? I cant download them from original thread... Links are broken, and the one from sendspace gives me an archive error at first part... Megaupload links would be nice :)

Forum rules, I can't re-upload another persons repack unless they (A.) Give me permission to, or (B.) remove the links and quit the forum. The Sendspace links still work, so I can't do anything at this point about that. He packed them up badly though, each archive has the same exact files, each one just has a few files the others don't.

dude really nice tutorials!!

Thanks man, I still haven't been able to get the time to make the next one. But I'm trying to get to it.

kux

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Forum rules, I can't re-upload another persons repack unless they (A.) Give me permission to, or (B.) remove the links and quit the forum. The Sendspace links still work, so I can't do anything at this point about that. He packed them up badly though, each archive has the same exact files, each one just has a few files the others don't.

Oh i see, but still keep up the great work :thumbup:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

keep up the good work;)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Good Tutorials, what program do you use to record?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Keep up the good work man , really helpfull & usefull for begginers ^^

Back