Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Custom 2000 Oldschool Hotelli Kultakala Layout (100% Translated To English)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
SsOqjod - 2000 Oldschool Hotelli Kultakala Layout (100% Translated To English) - RaGEZONE Forums
It’s the layout release that nobody asked for, and even fewer people knew existed in the first place! I decided to make this for my own personal enjoyment as I am a huge fan of old-school web design.

If you don’t know what this is, Hotelli Kultakala is the sort-of pre-Habbo version of Habbo, and it was formerly found online at Kultakala.com . The entire website was in Finnish, and somewhere between 2002 and 2003, the site was slowly transformed into what is now Habbo.fi.

In this release I have translated everything (including 100% of the images) from Finnish to English and fixed a few mistakes that were made by the original person who knocked this together sometime in Y2K. I’ve commented the entirety of the code throughout to make it super noob friendly and included a README to highlight a couple of things too. This layout is 100% complete, and all pages work exactly as they should - It is more or less web-ready if you want to use it. I've also added a custom favicon as this layout completely lacked one.

Preview:
Download:

Barring Sulake, 100% of the credits for this are my own.

P.S! Read the README.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I always wonder how people get their hands on such old stuff...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I always wonder how people get their hands on such old stuff...

It's not so much getting hands on it, it's a case of recreating something that's either lost or (in this case) in another language. Unless you're asking how people even know about this old stuff/where to find it, that's another story in itself.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Wow this is amazing! It looks pretty cool! I agree with Quackster, this should be archived so it won't be lost.
Very nice, this should be archived as I can see a lot of effort went into it.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, I'm glad you both like my work. Bit of a shame that nobody has managed to create a Kultakala private server yet, or this would make for a nice package. Feel free to mirror it somewhere if you want to preserve it, because I most likely won't be actively checking the live-status of the download link.

Two others that I'd like to see done are the old Habbo.se site from 2006, and the HabboChina.com site from the same period when they were experimenting with upgrading from the layout they originally switched to in 2002 as both of these had unique layouts unlike the other hotels at the time. Fortunately, most of the Habbo.se one is preserved via the Wayback machine so it just requires translation and reconstruction, but the HabboChina.com one is riddled with missing images and the only screenshots I can dig up of it are awful quality.

I'll maybe have a crack at these myself one day, but it probably won't be for quite some time as Habbo stuff isn't really my main interest to be honest. If someone else wants to try their hand at it, be my guest.

HabboChina:
CAfrPVy - 2000 Oldschool Hotelli Kultakala Layout (100% Translated To English) - RaGEZONE Forums

kVu3CZ - 2000 Oldschool Hotelli Kultakala Layout (100% Translated To English) - RaGEZONE Forums

Habbo.se:
fmh1xAW - 2000 Oldschool Hotelli Kultakala Layout (100% Translated To English) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your feedback, I'm glad you both like my work. Bit of a shame that nobody has managed to create a Kultakala private server yet, or this would make for a nice package.

There is a kultakala loader file, however, it uses some kultakala files (for example, gf_entry.dcr) which are unavailable (and me searching for 3 hours on web.archive and I wasn't able to find it). gf_entry is what habbo_entry is in v1 but with the kultakala poop. Besides that there are probably more files that have to be found. Sadly, those are all lost and there's 0% chance (or 0.1%) somebody even still has it. Meaning it would have to be remade in order to get something like kultakala working.

The server wouldn't be an issue I think because we've got ways to get Lingo scripts from client files but getting those client files is the main problem.

---

I quickly used the loader file on dir opener and opened the .dir in Macromedia Director MX 2004 and turns out the client requires these files:

Code:
gf_entry.dcr
interface_gfx.cct
people.cct
FuseScript.cct
MemberScript.cct
MessengerScript.cct
GoldFish.cct
drken_furniture_lab.cct
s_people.cct
armas_furniture.cct

Seems like only gf_entry is unavailable, though I assume the other files require an older unavailable version as well. However I'm not sure if the loader file contains some different scripts because I obviously cannot see the scripts directly nor "decompile" them.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
There is a kultakala loader file, however, it uses some kultakala files (for example, gf_entry.dcr) which are unavailable (and me searching for 3 hours on web.archive and I wasn't able to find it). gf_entry is what habbo_entry is in v1 but with the kultakala poop. Besides that there are probably more files that have to be found. Sadly, those are all lost and there's 0% chance (or 0.1%) somebody even still has it. Meaning it would have to be remade in order to get something like kultakala working.

The server wouldn't be an issue I think because we've got ways to get Lingo scripts from client files but getting those client files is the main problem.

---

I quickly used the loader file on dir opener and opened the .dir in Macromedia Director MX 2004 and turns out the client requires these files:

Code:
gf_entry.dcr
interface_gfx.cct
people.cct
FuseScript.cct
MemberScript.cct
MessengerScript.cct
GoldFish.cct
drken_furniture_lab.cct
s_people.cct
armas_furniture.cct

Seems like only gf_entry is unavailable, though I assume the other files require an older unavailable version as well. However I'm not sure if the loader file contains some different scripts because I obviously cannot see the scripts directly nor "decompile" them.

If I'm not mistaken (which I very well might be) the earliest build of Habbo from January 2001 to (at least) March 2001 was actually just an English translated version of a Hotel Goldfish build with a different hotel view. I know that v1 retros exist, so in theory, couldn't some of these files be potentially compatible with Hotel Goldfish, or at least made to be compatible with some modification? I remember DCR files being a pain in the butt to work with due to them being protected though, so I dunno. I can also try having a look on the Wayback machine to try and dig some stuff up, but I feel like you're probably correct in assuming they're lost to the sands of time. I actually suspect that even Sulake don't have them anymore.

The thing that led me to believe this are these two screenshots I have that I feel heavily reinforce (if not outright confirm) my theory about them being one and the same. I actually have very vague memories of the Habbo UK client looking like this sometime in very early 2001, only without the big "BETA" text slapped across it as well.

Qh6fEhX - 2000 Oldschool Hotelli Kultakala Layout (100% Translated To English) - RaGEZONE Forums

AOP86Xo - 2000 Oldschool Hotelli Kultakala Layout (100% Translated To English) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken (which I very well might be) the earliest build of Habbo from January 2001 to (at least) March 2001 was actually just an English translated version of a Hotel Goldfish build with a different hotel view. I know that v1 retros exist, so in theory, couldn't some of these files be potentially compatible with Hotel Goldfish, or at least made to be compatible with some modification? I remember DCR files being a pain in the butt to work with due to them being protected though, so I dunno. I can also try having a look on the Wayback machine to try and dig some stuff up, but I feel like you're probably correct in assuming they're lost to the sands of time. I actually suspect that even Sulake don't have them anymore.

The thing that led me to believe this are these two screenshots I have that I feel heavily reinforce (if not outright confirm) my theory about them being one and the same. I actually have very vague memories of the Habbo UK client looking like this sometime in very early 2001, only without the big "BETA" text slapped across it as well.

I'm not entirely sure. It could be that the interface was close to Kultakala back in the old days. The problem is, most of the released v1 dcr packs are from a later build, where they removed most of the Kultakala stuff. For example, the interface how it was was probably in the same file as used in the v1 we know. As the list I mentioned before contains interface_gfx.cct and there's no other interface file from what I know. This is the load list for the v1 loader:

Code:
habbo_entry.dcr
interface_gfx.cct
people.cct
FuseScript.cct
MemberScript.cct
MessengerScript.cct
GoldFish.cct
s_people.cct
navigation.cct
habbo_messenger.cct

Pretty similar. I've unprotected interface_gfx and it is just the v1 interface. The only reference to Kultakala in the v1 dcrs is in habbo_entry.dcr, where the mobile phone images are still in. However, I'm unsure whether the scripts are even in it (which I can't find out as I can't get Lingo code from dcrs / ccts myself).

In other words, in order to recreate Kultakala either somebody has to make something in HTML5 or edit the v1 dcrs to change the interface and whatnot. Unless somehow there's some lost Kultakala files but that seems way too unlikely.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello the link is no longer active, where can I download the material from?:drool:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Updated OP with a new download link and live preview - If it goes down again, it should be relatively straightforward for most people to rip it from my site, but if not, you can contact me via the "Email Me" tab on my webpage and I'll throw it up online somewhere for you to grab a copy if you need it.

I once again want to make a point of saying: If you want to keep a copy of this layout indefinitely for whatever reason, you are more than welcome to mirror it on your own website, and I highly encourage you to do so. Not everything online lasts forever!

Back