Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[fixes]Possible Fixes To Why Server Wont Work

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Allthough their are the known fixes:

All services show a red X
This is most likely to your Shaiya Agent Client service (D:\SHAIYA_SERVER\SERVER\PSM_Client\PSM_Agent.exe) not being installed and/or not running. Get it installed and started, and restart PSMServer_Mgr.exe if needed.

All services show a green x
This means your services are not installed, or are not being recognized as being installed.

Services go to a green arrow, but then back to pause
This usually means the services were unable to connect to the database. Check your logs in D:\SHAIYA_SERVER\SERVER\PSM_Client\Bin\Log and D:\SHAIYA_SERVER\SERVER\PSM_Client\Log. These logs help tell you of problems with services starting, so keep that in mind for future problems.

Check notice board
Usually caused by connecting to the wrong IP address, or Windows Firewall blocking the client.
Can also be cause by using the wrong game client, thus connecting to the wrong IP address.

Failed to connect to game server, after selecting server and clicking ok
May be caused by Windows Firewall blocking the client trying to connect to the server.
Can also be caused by the incorrect IP address entered in D:\SHAIYA_SERVER\SERVER\PSM_Client\Bin\Config\ps_g ame.ini on the line that starts with GamePublicIP=
It could possibly also be from incorrect IP addresses in other .ini files.

Disconnect after selecting game server and clicking ok
Most likely you have incorrect or missing data in your database. There could be many causes of this. I'd suggest using the SQL profiler to trace what happens in this case and look for error messages in the logs. If there is an error message present in the logs try to find which SQL query that you traced with the profiler caused it.

Disconnect after less than 2 minutes of being connected to the server
Usually caused by forgetting to run the /nprotectoff command. Normally this needs to be run every time the server services are restarted, which includes server reboots, etc.

Disconnect when targetting mobs, or doing other specific activities
Most likely you have incorrect or missing data in your database. There could be many causes of this. I'd suggest using the SQL profiler to narrow down the problem.

Crashes when buying an item from the item mall.
The Distributed Transaction Coordinator service may not be running, it is required to use the statement: BEGIN DISTRIBUTED TRANSACTION

---------------------------------------------------------------

I have found a few more that cause some well known problems which are not mentioned.

Services go to a green arrow, but then back to pause

This may also be caused by lack of files in the PSM_client and PSM_Server folders, You may be thinking that the server files has a good feedback from the community. Well 9/10 the files are complete, but your Antivirus has picked up some of the files as a virus;

Nortons 2011 Picks up the following in:
C:\SHAIYA_SERVER\SERVER\PSM_Server

PSMServer_Patch.exe
PSMServer_AgentInstall.exe

Nortons will move the files to quarantine to reduce the risk of viruses.

Fixes to this that I use are:

1. Turn Off Auto Protect (disable Nortons AntiVirus)
  2. Add The files to the acception list
  3. exclude the whole folder from future scans

*I will Update this thread with more fixes that I find.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I still have the problem with the green arrows going back to paus..
I am using Norton but I have tried to disable it and stuff but that doesn't work.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
-------------------------------- :p:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ps_userlog

2013-06-04 16:09:39 PS_USERLOG__system log start (UserLog)

2013-06-04 16:09:56 DB userlog connect error, Server=127.0.0.1, DBName=PS_UserData, User=Shaiya, Pass=1234

2013-06-04 16:09:56 3 1 SService::ServiceCtrlDispatcher(): m_pService->Init()

2013-06-04 16:09:56 PS_USERLOG__system log end (UserLog)

2013-06-04 16:09:56 3 1 SService::ServiceCtrlDispatcher(): service shutdown

\

how to fix this??

It tells you in the log. "DB userlog connect error"

What does that mean? Well it's failing to connect to the database named 'PS_UserData'. Either it's missing, or the credentials (which you posted here, next time star them out, even if this time it was the default) "Shaiya" "Shaiya123" were incorrect. You'll need to fix that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Help Me Please! Shaiya Server make.

Game, I installed successfully on the server. Regulations required in the Client file did at. However, when I logged into the game, after the election server "Character Load Error!" I'm having with error. I would ask you to help in this regard.

Last edited:
Back