Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TUT]How to setup Mssql 2005 Express on Windows 7

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok below are the following steps into setting up your Mssql 2005 server Express addition accurately with Windows 7 64 bit Operating systems.

Step 1: Download Mssql 2005 Express edition
  • Mssql 2005 Express
Step 2: Install Mssql 2005 Express edition using the following steps
  1. Check I accept the licensing terms and conditions and click next
  2. Click Install
  3. Then click Next
  4. When the server installation Wizard comes up click next
  5. Once the System Configuration is completed Click Next
  6. Next enter your name and company (company isn't required)
  7. Make sure Hid advanced configuration options is checked and then click next
  8. Next screen you will see a list with the following: Database Services, Client Components, Connectivity Components, and software development kit. Now click on each Red X and then click Will be installed on local hard drive. Then click next.
  9. Next is Instance Name, choose Default instance then click next
  10. Next is Authentication Mode, click Mixed mode and enter your shaiya password then click next
  11. Next are configuration Options uncheck all and then click next
  12. Error and Usage Report Settings, make sure none are checked and click next
  13. Next click install
After the installation open the SQL Server Configuration Manager and follow these steps:
  1. Click on SQL server 2005 Network Configuration. Then on the right double click Protocols for MSSQLSERVER
  2. Next enable all protocol names by right clicking them and clicking enable
  3. Now Double click on TCP/IP and click the ip addresses tab at the top
  4. Here you will see a list of ip's. On IP4 set it to Enabled and for the ip address put your local IP address. Make sure the port is 1433. Make sure all the rest of the IP's are Disabled. Apply your settings.
  5. Next in your Configuration manager click on SQL Native Client Configuration. Then on the right double click Client protocols
  6. Now make sure all of these are enabled as well by right clicking on each and selecting enable.
  7. Next Click on SQL Server 2005 Services
  8. Next double click on SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER)
  9. Next, under the Logon tab change your built in account from Network services to Local system, then click apply.
  10. Next do same for your SQL Server Browser
  11. Your all done
If you have any questions or need help please let me know here. thanks

Reaction score
On the last step where I'm supposed to change the settings for the SQL server Browser, I got an error saying that either the service is disabled or it has no enabled devices associated with it. How can I fix this?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
we had the same problem we got it tho what we did was
1. on the start menu right click my computer and then click manage
2. in computer management expand services and aplications and then click services
3. in the list of services double klik sql server browser
4. in sql browser properties click start or stop
when it starts just hit apply then ok ( don't mess with the automatic settings :p )

Back