Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Enable server checksum

Staff member
Reaction score
This method will prevent that ANY unofficial game connects to your server.
This methods consists in a simply MD5 CRC(IDK if it is MD5, it is an example) of your game.exe.
So, lets add it to your server.

• What do I have to do?
First, you need to get ur game.exe code. Add these lines to your server hotuk.ini:
*CONNECT_CLIENT_CODE -9999999
*DISCONNECT_CLIENT_BADCODE
Eww! I just got dced!! Dont worry.
Open your log file, you should see something like:
2:25:28 - ID:( your userid ) / Name:( char name ) / IP ( your IP ) Process Checksum Error ( -111 )( executable path )
That -111 is a ficticial number.

• Correcting the value in hotuk.ini
Now that you know your code (-111), search for that line you added before: *CONNECT_CLIENT_CODE -9999999 and change the -99999 for -111, in that case. Restart your server and log in.
If everything is correctd, you will not be DCed, unless you are using a modifyied, different game. Each game will have a "code", and for every BYTE changed, a new "code" will be generated.

• Advantages
No more mature I enabled games into your server, no skill delay games and that kind of stuff.

• Disadvantage
I haven't seen until far. :lol:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
  • The guide was much better, but it's now been removed. :(
  • is still good. :s

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There where 2 or three up, at around this time last year.

Imri and AirBourn had posted much information (now seems to be missing) and I think Gregoory had a guide on it. (I could be mistaken. post by Osirus helped rxaicy out, and I think should have gone in the "Tutorials" section, except that at the time we had many other guides in there that people hadn't yet taken down. (like what remains of the SmexyBoyR one)

I know a little while ago, RZ allowed us to delete entire threads we had created... which I think is very unfortunate, because other people contribute to those threads once you start them.

I don't really think it's fair to give the OP the right to delete the work of anyone else who contributes to their thread. :(:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Yup I explained how to use the checksum at the very beginning of my OllyDbg tutorials (which are offline now :p )

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes Gregoo... and you made you're reasoning quite clear, and I fully understand.

You also took out (at least originally) only your posts, but left threads where others had posted, as Smexy did... but I know there are now entire threads with many contributions from different people which have now gone.

That saddens me greatly. :(:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Whatever was posted on the LunarPT dev section will be back as soon as I got time to put it back online.
It's not a definitive situation :)

Back