Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDE] How To Edit Monsters That Spawn From Crystals

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
Couldnt find a guide, worked it out, so thought i'd write one up.
Finding theres a bunch of low level crystals that are a waste of items cause your exp rate makes players 10x in 5 minutes of game play?
No decent crystals for higher level mobs?
Then lets re-purpose those useless hopy crystals!

The monsters that spawn from Crystals are stored in the monster files with the name starting with S.
Ie.
Code:
S1_Hopy.inf, S2_Hobgoblin.inf, S3_Decoy.inf
But this S#_ is not essential for the crystal to work, heck you can name them all Scooby Doo and it will still work.Good to know... but what does the game search for to spawn the monster?
The Korean name...
This is the name from 4_hopy.inf
Code:
  *이름            "호피"
This is the name from S1_hopy.inf
Code:
 *이름            " 호피 "

But Phatkone... these look identical?!?!?!?! You're on crack!
Well... yes... but...There is a VERY subtle difference.
That is the white space either side of the name inside the quotations.
Code:
"name" vs " name "
I can copy any entirely different monster file, change the english name and all, so long as that Korean name is right, the monster will spawn.

Thanks Phatkone! You saved my server as this will SURELY keep the players in!But sh!t, I run
Code:
*EVENT_CRISTAL 2
in my hotuk. And im still spawning Zzangpy and (not so) Maximum Decoy!?!?!?You lied to me!?!?!

Well... thats the trick, *EVENT_CRISTAL 2 sets the trigger names to something different...shock horror!?!?
The Boss Versions are the files "sb***"
ie.
Code:
SB1_Hopy.inf

The same rules apply, the Korean name is what matters.

You can use the same monsters, just change the size multiplier and apply the boss line to make them glow.
Code:
*두목   // This tell the server its a boss, makes the char glow

*모델크기        1.5  // this is the size multiplier, 1.5 is 1.5x the size of the normal monster

Just ensure you update the name (.zhoon) file and its pointer:

Code:
*연결파일    "name\sb1_frost.zhoon"

Will the Mystic Crystal still spawn Hopy's?
The Mystic Crystal uses the same Korean Name pointers.
So yes your mystic crystals will now be a great commodity in your server once again!
Fraptuous day!

Hope this helps :)

Credits to Me because I worked something out for MYSELF for once! :w00t:

Last edited:
Back