Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[guide] [jPT] HappyHardcore's Clan Troubleshooting Guide

I am the Reaper
Reaction score
I am writing this guide for the pure fact that not many guides out there contain all the information needed for troubleshooting steps. If you’re expecting clans to be a breeze think again. I spent 75 hours, using different sets of clan files, trying to get clans to work, inspecting and fixing errors. Seems clan files have different effects on different PC’s. I feel your pain, but you’re going to have to work in order to get your clans working if you start to have problems.

What you are going to need:
Any set of clan files you wish to use.

( - Original clan files but are buggy)

( – Creates 3 new tables in DB, few bugs. This set includes images for up to 250 clans. You need to manually edit the last number or the image in the database for each new clan.)

( – No reported bugs, automation of image creation! Known flaw is possible SQL Injection.) View attachment 105506Recommended

Patience

----Phase 1---{Knowing your files work and are connecting}---|Errors 57 & 58|---

1: Make sure you have changed, and successfully installed the .reg file to the registry.

---Keep watch on the LogDirectory that you have created.
---If you are using your IP address for server hosts, consider using named pipes. SQL 2005 Express has limited to no support for TCP/IP protocols.
---Make sure your User and Password have access to that database. You can see Operz Guide on how set up DB stuff correctly.

2: If your BillingErrorLog file returns errors like, DBNETLIB instance not found, or access denied, consider revising your…

A. Host Named Pipes, Alias’s and/or IP
B. Proper Admittance to the Database under that user, with all the necessary Grants (See Operz Guide for grants)
C. Possibly reinstall .Net Framework 2.0
D. If you are using SQL 2000, download this…

3: Revise your Clan files, especially ClanInsert.aspx, and common.inc or settings.inc.

---Improper connection settings could give you Error 58.
--- If you are using your IP address for server hosts, consider using named pipes. SQL 2005 Express has limited to no support for TCP/IP protocols.
---Make sure your User and Password have access to that database. You can see Operz Guide on how set up DB stuff correctly.

4: Try different IP solutions in your Hotuk.
---If you are using a port other than 80, try making it so that your clan server is using port 80. I had a plethora of Error 57’s while trying to use another port aside from the default.
---Try using, internal, external, and possibly even no-ip solutions for your ip in the hotuk

Examples…
*CLAN_SERVER 88.24.154.458 80 88.24.154.458 80
*ENABLE_CLAN 88.24.154.458 80 88.24.154.458 80
---------------------
*CLAN_SERVER happyhardcore.no-ip.info 80 happyhardcore.no-ip.info 80
*ENABLE_CLAN happyhardcore.no-ip.info 80 happyhardcore.no-ip.info 80
---------------------
*CLAN_SERVER 192.168.1.88 80 192.1681.88 80
*ENABLE_CLAN 192.168.188 80 192.168.1.88 80

5: Error’s 57 and 58.

***Error 57 = Unknown Connection. Host not found.
A. This error happens when your IP is set incorrectly in HotUk or ports are blocked. Attempt using different IP.

***Error 58 = Host found but invalid connection. Could not gain access or control!
---This is a common Error. It can be caused for many reasons. If you receive these errors try phase 2.
A. Check your database logins. They could prevent you from logging in.
B. Check for DB errors. Check BillingError.
C. A connection Problem within your clan files.
D. Syntax, or other code problem within your Clan Files.

---Phase 2---{Tracking problems}---|Error Tracking|---

***Typical Error list for X’s Files*** May not fix all. Credits to ShagPub

Error 3

Code:
Open isCheckClanName.asp and comment these lines:

'eSql = "Select count(*) from ClanTicket where SNo= "& val(eTicket) 
'eRs.Open eSql, eDb
'AbortOnError
'AbortOnEmptyCursor

'if eRs(0) < 1 then 'Wrong ticket
' Response.Write "Code=100"
' Response.End 
'end if
'eRs.close

Error 9

Code:
Open clanInsert.aspx and comment these lines:

' eSql = "Select count(*) from ClanTicket where SNo= "& eTicket

' myCommand = New SqlCommand(eSql, myConnection )
' myDataReader = myCommand.ExecuteReader()

' if myDataReader.Read()
' if myDataReader.Item(0)<1 then
' myDataReader.Close()
' myConnection.Close()
' Response.Write ("Code=100")
' Response.End
' end if
' else
' myDataReader.Close()
' myConnection.Close()
' Response.End
' end if
' myDataReader.Close()

Error 11 (This is only a possible fix!!)

Code:
'        if myDataReader.Read()
 '           if myDataReader.Item(0)>0 then
 '               myDataReader.Close()
 '               myConnection.Close()
 '               Response.Write ("Code=0")
 '   	        Response.End
 '           end if

Error 24

Code:
Open clanRemove.asp and comment these lines:

'eRs.Open eSql, eDb
'AbortOnError
'AbortOnEmptyCursor

' Response.End 
'end if
'eRs.close

Error 52

Code:
Open clanInsertClanWon and comment these lines:

'eSql = "Select count(*) from ClanTicket where SNo= "& val(eTicket) & "and UserID='" & eUID & "'"
'eRs.Open eSql, eDb
'AbortOnError
'AbortOnEmptyCursor

' Response.End 
'end if
'eRs.close

Error 19

Code:
Open isClanWonRelease.asp and comment these lines:

'eRs.Open eSql, eDb
'AbortOnError
'AbortOnEmptyCursor

' Response.End 
'end if
'eRs.close

1: In ClanInsert.aspx we are going to change each Error=100 to their own Unique number. For instance, find Error-100 and change the first one to 101, then the next to 102, the next 103 and so on. Then save.

2: Install Ethereal with WinPCap server-side. Ethereal is a Packet capturing tool that will help us through our tracking journey. All fields marked in Green will tell us when the server attempts to connect to the asp files and the progress it makes.

3. In Ethereal, click the first button, “list the available capture interfaces” and choose the one that shows your Ethernet driver. Start Packet Captures.

4: In game go to the Clan Master and talk to him all up to the point when you get the error. Then go back to the server and stop packet capturing.

5: Look for capture fields marked in green. Specifically we are looking for a field that says \clan\ClanInsert.aspx?blahblahblah or \ServerMain\isCheckClanJang\blahblahblah or something along those lines… you get the idea.

6: Below that specific HTML field listed in the previous step, try looking for the next green marker and click on it. Read the code that it provides, and you should see the unique number that you have defined in ClanInsert.aspx. (If the number is from another file that’s ok too.) We have now successfully tracked what is causing the problem and we can proceed.

7: Go to the file, probably clan Insert, and look for your Unique Number that you defined. Try estimating where that code begins and stops, and cancel out those lines of code by placing a ‘ at the beginning of each line of code for that section.

If the Problem occurs in another file, just simply go edit that file!

---Other Problems---

You may have some other problems like I had. If you go to your clan master, and it freezes on the last step, just simply redo the clan Database.

If your Clan Files come with their own .sql entries, don’t forget to add those tables, or to replace them.

---------------

This Guide may not go over all the errors, or cover everything, but it’s a good way to track and troubleshoot your problems.

If I’ve left out anything you feel is important, please let me know. This guide is supposed to help the community, and suppress the amount of help requests in important clan threads.

If you know how to fix a specific error you’ve had, please pm me, or reply to this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks man, i've finally passed that error 3 but i'm having error 11 now -_-
Could you know by chance what this error is about ? ( it's just after the 6 members warning ... )

Anyway really nice guide ;)

I am the Reaper
Reaction score
not off the top of my head... try replacing

Code:
if eUID="" or eServerName="" or eChName="" or eName="" or eTicket="" or eChType="" or eChlv="" then
Response.Write ("Code=101")
Response.End
end if

with

Code:
'if eUID="" or eServerName="" or eChName="" or eName="" or eTicket="" or eChType="" or eChlv="" then
'Response.Write ("Code=101")
'Response.End
'end if

If not, you really need to follow the tracking portion fo the guide.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks a ton for putting all this info in 1 post, helped me out with all the errors :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi, i have tried all ways that you mentioned, however i still cant get pass error 58...

Any help will be appreciated...

All is well...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
58 is when it doesn't have permissions
Check your iis settings, sql login settings, and possibly some programs you might be running in he bg

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have this error message in BillingDBError file:

021421|SELECT IDX FROM S1ClanSub WHERE userid = 'xxxx' AND ChName='xxxx' AND DelActive=0 Login failed for user 'xxxx'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
021422|INSERT INTO ClanTicket (userid, ChName, IP, ServerName, SNo) values('xxxx','xxxx','xxx.x.x.x','Server1', 41)
021457|SELECT IDX FROM S1ClanSub WHERE userid = 'xxxx' AND ChName='xxxx' AND DelActive=0 Login failed for user 'xxxx'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
021457|DELETE FROM ClanTicket WHERE userid='xxxx'

Any idea how to fix it?

I am the Reaper
Reaction score
Sorry for my late reply, been gone this weekend. Try reinstalling .net framework. make sure that your MSSQL is running both under Microsoft authentication with sql authentication.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
erro 9

i have erro 9

i fixed this erro for code down (more this erro to persist) how fix this erro??????

' if myDataReader.Read()
' myDataReader.Close()
' myConnection.Close()
' Response.End
' end if
' else
' myDataReader.Close()
' myConnection.Close()
' Response.End
' end if
' myDataReader.Close()

I am the Reaper
Reaction score
i have erro 9

i fixed this erro for code down (more this erro to persist) how fix this erro??????

' if myDataReader.Read()
' myDataReader.Close()
' myConnection.Close()
' Response.End
' end if
' else
' myDataReader.Close()
' myConnection.Close()
' Response.End
' end if
' myDataReader.Close()

You fix it by continuing on with the rest of the guide. Come on guys, if you want to fix your server, you can at least spend 10 minutes tracking the problem using my method. Which the second portion of my guide tells you how. I didn't spend 2 hours writing a guide to help you guys to have you all disreguard it.There's been about 6 threads posted already, and all the error questions are posted in each one... yet the best way to fix it is tracking it yourself. This said I guarantee ppl will keep askin cuz they are too lazy. for one if your too stupid to figure it out on ur own, or just plain too lazy... you probably shouldn't be running a pt server.

Try the fix I said earlier in this thread. #3 to be exact.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You fix it by continuing on with the rest of the guide. Come on guys, if you want to fix your server, you can at least spend 10 minutes tracking the problem using my method. Which the second portion of my guide tells you how. I didn't spend 2 hours writing a guide to help you guys to have you all disreguard it.There's been about 6 threads posted already, and all the error questions are posted in each one... yet the best way to fix it is tracking it yourself. This said I guarantee ppl will keep askin cuz they are too lazy. for one if your too stupid to figure it out on ur own, or just plain too lazy... you probably shouldn't be running a pt server.

Try the fix I said earlier in this thread. #3 to be exact.

my inglish is bed
I did not understand very well what you he said
what I said was that I ja tried to fix error 9 with the tutorial one that this in this post and I am the same thing

error 3 I fixed above with code
more error 9 did not fix

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
HappyHardcore thx for the guide, but can u please explain Error 11 too? alot ppl get it, me too and i tried all. thx ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Real thanks for ur guide, i was able to fix every problems.
Now i can create a clan but i still have 1 problem. Other players can't talk to the Clan Master and i can't invite them, they got some error 55 or 57.

I think it may come from an ip or Db/IIS access.
Does anyone know from where it could come ?!
Any help appreciated.

Back