Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDE] Notice window on login

Staff member
Reaction score
Here in this video you can see it in action: (this video is about another thing, but the window I want to show you is here, so I didnt want to record a new video just to show the window...)

Lets learn how to do that:

First, open your hotuk and add this 2 lines: (if non-existing)

Code:
*NOTICE_URL "http://255.255.255.255/notice.asp"

Now, in your IIS wwwroot folder, create notice.asp and write in it:

Code:
<% 'Written by Sandurr
Dim gFileSystemObject, gFile
Dim strMenu, strNews, strSplit

strSplit = Chr("&H"& "0D")

Set gFileSystemObject=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set gFile=gFileSystemObject.OpenTextFile(Server.MapPath("notice.txt"), 1)

Do While gFile.AtEndOfStream = False
   strNews = strNews & gFile.ReadLine
Loop

gFile.Close
Set gFile=Nothing
Set gFileSystemObject=Nothing

Response.Write("Code=1 Txt=" & strNews & strSplit)
%>

In the same folder of the asp file, create a notice.txt and place any text you want.

Everytime any player login, that window will pop up.

PS: Change 255.255.255.255 with your host's WAN ip

Last edited:
Reaction score
o yeah, i didn't do all by myself, some ppl post some SS too.
IN FACT, you just lear it by my post i show how to do, in the way, so, did you don't think its just ??

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

*DISP_BILLING_TIME <- unrelated, you don't need it to see notice

Here is my PHP version (for people that have servers on Linux):

/var/www/notice.php
Code:
<? 

$CR = chr(13); // carriage return

$file = file_get_contents('notice.txt', true);

$ReturnCode = "Code=1"." "."Txt=".$file.$CR;

print $ReturnCode;

?>

/var/www/notice.txt
Code:
notice text

/home/pristontale/.wine/drive_c/PristonTale/GameServer/hotuk.ini
Code:
*NOTICE_URL http://192.168.56.101/notice.php
Use your server IP.

example:
SheenBR - [GUIDE] Notice window on login - RaGEZONE Forums

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
where is my credits ???
<% 'Written by Sandurr
The code is credited to Sandurr, but I've seen guides on this which pre-date his servers, or FusionPT or even SGPT.

It's ancient knowledge, and various versions of that same ASP code exist in many releases.

The actual chat about how to do it is buried in ancient '05 - '07 posts, many of them talking about the GamerSpace emulator. So GJ Sheen on bringing it back to life. :)

If some post of yours prompted him to do so here micro, thanks. :D

Credits? Sheen could have said "I didn't invent this, I'm just re-presenting it since it's kinda old stuff that got lost years ago" but that's rather implied by the age of the code he uses to illustrate it. Don't you think?

I love to see credits, but in this case, if Sheen dug up everyone who has cited this information around the web, the list would be longer than the guide. Heck, if he went back through the names on the posts I've read on getting the output of that page just right and not using Apache to make it and responding to the request with a web-server written in VB and so on on *this* very forum the list would still be longer than the guide. XD

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone knows how to use it to alert a specified player?(not to all players)

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Very difficult, but possible. The URL is given to the client by the server, so you need to add a parameter to the URL, then trace the client code in Olly to find where the URL is downloaded, and replace, or append the user name to the url before it is requested. Then modify the ASP to perform a look-up and provide a player-centric response using HTTP GET for parameters.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
@celoat: Use /n in it's binary form. (&h0a)
@Antiox: Yup. Olly game.exe

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its hexa decimal? and what is the code?

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
thanks, but not solve :s
You have entered the string '(&h0A)' You need to insert the ASCII character which is represented by the hex figure 0A (0x0a or &h0a... however you want to indicate that this is a hex number.

This is like <br>, which is often interpreted as \n or 0x0D or 0x0D0A (depending on the platform standard, 0x0A for MAC, 0x0D for Unix and 0x0D0A for Windows) by the browser. The problem is that you need to send the specific character code for what C considers '\n\l' on Windows, because this is not a smart and industry standard web-browser, this is a Windows video game. ^_^

It can accept the conventional '\n\l' C formatting, but most web servers will see that as being escaped strings and protect you from accidentally passing that as a string by double-escaping the source into "\\n\\l", for safety sake. So you need to force the issue. (somehow)

This is often easier from a text file on an FTP server, than on a Web server. Particularly if the web server is performing Server Side Scripting such as ASP, ASP.Net or PHP. However, most of them can send those codes. The problem is that there is a different convention for writing them in each server and language, and different web clients interpret their output differently when you forgo the convention of <br>. ;)
Its hexa decimal? and what is the code?

0A is linefeed ('\l') 0D is carriage return. ('\n')

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how to apply it in this context?

the format of the file where the message is relevant?

created "mensagem.msg" and not line breaks at all, I've tried all the ways mentioned in this topic!

I appreciate if anyone can help!!!!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
how to apply it in this context?

the format of the file where the message is relevant?

created "mensagem.msg" and not line breaks at all, I've tried all the ways mentioned in this topic!

I appreciate if anyone can help!!!!

Try to Use Notepad + +

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Antiox.... always use n + +
but I need an example of only 3 lines in this context!
and also the extension of the file is relavante!

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Extension is irrelevant. Byte code in packet is relevant. What form does your web / ftp provide byte-code packets, how do they hit the memory space of your PE?

OllyDbg or Packet Trace will tell you the "context" you need to know.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
is there a query string available or form request for this? ie userid? Could be really useful when used with a script to pull certain information related to account info ......for example donation coin count......

Back