• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[GUIDE][VIDEO] Video guide for setting-up a PT server.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I hope this solves most of your problems (its poort qaulity but al is readable if you have good eyes :wink2:

Rapidshare:

Credits to me for making the movie.
If you have any questionts post them here

--- EDIT [bobsobol] ---
Embeded Vimeo version for on-line view ... password is "RaGEZONE"
[video=vimeo;24054297]http://vimeo.com/24054297[/video]
---/EDIT ---

Last edited by a moderator:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
HyperCam and XviD codec will help you get better quality/size

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice good job :D. it's too bad i've done exzactly waht u did excluding the website but my server doesnt work :[

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Offtopic a little but, Do you think u can help me out with setting it up ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
as i mentioned before, i did everyhting in that video. yet it sitll doenst work. any soultionos?

I am the Reaper
Reaction score
Agree'd with Shag; also Camtasia and Dr. DivX will help you with better compression. Either way this video is helpfull!!! Thank you for the post. It's going to the RFT immediately. Also for those with codec problems. Try downloading and installing Ace Mega Codec Pack.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi

i got some guestions about ur video

1)what server name i need to use? :?:
2)whar login name i need to use? :?:

but otherwise :thumbup: :w00t: :laugh: :D: :rolleyes: :tongue:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1) Any. (preferably one that hasn't been used before. Note the problems between Xtreme and Xternal and eXtreme all of which refer to themselves as XPT. Not a problem, but confusing. Also RPT (Real, Relm, Renaissance?)
2) Any, but don't tell anyone else.
3) Don't resurrect dead threads (last post September 2007) instead open a new one in the main section and link to the dead thread you are talking about. (It's in the forum rules)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I could still understand it even with the poor quality so its okay

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Because it was worth it, I made it available on my PT YT account. Can't post the sound track (copyright) so I've dubbed an audio commentary. (might be useful)

Due to Xinos request, this is not listed publicly on YT, so the only access to it is from the URL here... please respect Xinos wishes, and don't reproduce the URL on other forums. Thanks.

I'll try to get the download URLs listed in YT overlays as and when I can, but I'm not confident that this is worth the multi-lingual subtitles of my last major video guide. If you disagree, let me know.

I *am* planning a similar guide using Server 2008, since I've had so many problems with Windows 7. It will be full 720p HD footage and a similar quality to my last guide on disabling the XTrap requirement. (no fuss or faff, pan and zoom for readability etc)

It's under construction, but until I can get the time to complete it, this is pretty good for English speakers.

Turned out it's about 48 seconds longer than YouTube will allow, so it's split in two parts. :$: Sorry.

Interestingly Vidome don't seem to have the same problem. To secure it against non-RaGEZONERS, it is password protected.

The Password? "RaGEZONE" of course. ;)
[video=vimeo;24054297]http://vimeo.com/24054297[/video]
This is a password protected video on Vimeo​

I reposted MiKEs' thread from a backup I had

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How can i make the website im confused about that part in the video

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It isn't really covered in the video, and isn't strictly speaking part of setting up a PT server.

All he uses is a single ASP page to allow easy setting up accounts in the SQL database. As I mentioned he uses , and I guess there is the advantage that that works exactly the same on every version of Windows, with the registration page of QuantumFusion. (it has some "issues", but it's pretty simple to follow and adapt) Can't find a link right now and have to go to work, but if I can't I'll .

--- Edit ---
Done, in one of the many cross thread requests made on that subject... by the same user.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok ty

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

what if i already have website? its

Back